• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Avram

Yzerman GM in Chicago soon?

Rate this topic

Yes please. Although I don't know if Yzerman wants to wait until Holland dies of very, very old age until he can become a GM.

Actually, and I don't have a source so take this with a grain of salt, but I seem to remember Holland (joking or not, I am unsure) saying that he would retire when Lids retired.

Either way, this sounds like a desperate rumor started by desperate people who are eager to stir some drama in Detroit.

I be everyone in the Wings organization is have a good laugh over this 'article.'

You can keep Stevie. Having him work for us would kick some sweet ass, and plus as a huge auto collector, only makes it easier for me to get him, but what if Tallon really does have a plan to keep the core together? I want to see that.

It would be more likely that Jim Nill would go elsewhere to be their GM, not Yzerman.

Edit: Punctuation

We can't afford to lose Nill. Let Yzerman go explore his dreams- he's not an all-star manager, he's an all-star player.

Nill's the man that built this organization through the draft.

You can keep Stevie. Having him work for us would kick some sweet ass, and plus as a huge auto collector, only makes it easier for me to get him, but what if Tallon really does have a plan to keep the core together? I want to see that.

Yeah, and it starts by the biggest office blunder in NHL history possibly resulting in your fresh young RFA's becoming UFA's! PLUS he's signed Hossa/Kopecky to a combo of $6.5million dollars and jeopardizing the re-siging of your RFA's to be next season and the folowing. That is his plan...

...and that is why they are imploding from the inside, NOT becuase of Hossa, but because of Hossa, :blink: , get it? Hossa is not the cancer, but the fact that Talon signed him to a 12 year contract makes him one...

Now, regarding Yzerman, if ANYONE is going to get offers outside of the organization it will be Jim Nill. IF Scotty Bowman has anything to say about it, it WILL be Jim Nill. No matter what you guys think, Scotty and Yzerman were like oil and water. Yzerman was never a favorite of Scotty's. Oh sure, in the public eye everything was peachy, but behind the scenes Scotty really didn't like him. For pete;s sake Scotty had him traded in 1994 to Ottawa for Alexi Yashin until Marian Ilitch stepped in and said NO WAY. Fedorov was Scotty's boy, he took over in 1994 when Yzerman went down with the neck injury and Fedorov had his CAREER year that year winning BOTH the Selke and Hart, and when they lost to San Jose in the first round, Scotty questioned Yzerman's leadership and desire to win. He had the trade ready to go, Yashin and Fedorov had great chemistry together and Scotty wanted that duo. But when he was vetoed by Ilitch, he then took Yzerman to the side and told him to change his game and re-evaluate his desire or he will treat him so bad that Yzerman will ask to be traded! (ok, so maybe not that exact way, but that is when Yzerman's game changed to a more defensive style of play, so I am assuming Scotty did have a meeting with Steve about how he better change or he'll never win a Cup in Detroit.) Anyow, the point being I don't think Bowman would recommend hiring Yzerman in Chicago, besides like someone said, Nill is the next one to get a GM job, look how long he's been the Asst. GM. Holland isn't retiring anytime soon and Nill is ready now to become the man, somewhere. Yzerman's natural progression is in line with the timeframe of Holland's retirement. I could see Nill being hired by a team liek Chicago who needs a GM to make that one move that puts them over (ala Holland trading for Shanny) OR to completelyh rebuild a team (Phoenix, Florida) ie. Jimmy Devellano...

Expect Nill to be a GM somewhere else and Yzerman promoted to asst. GM taking over for Holland when he retires.

BTW - The way former payers say how Scotty treats his players (no matter if your're Yzerman or Aaron Ward) I wouldn't doubt that my story is that far from the truth! Just ask Dino or Coffey or Ward themselves! I hear Kozlov was took the blunt of the blame for a lot of things as well...

Yeah, and it starts by the biggest office blunder in NHL history possibly resulting in your fresh young RFA's becoming UFA's! PLUS he's signed Hossa/Kopecky to a combo of $6.5million dollars and jeopardizing the re-siging of your RFA's to be next season and the folowing. That is his plan...

...and that is why they are imploding from the inside, NOT becuase of Hossa, but because of Hossa, :blink: , get it? Hossa is not the cancer, but the fact that Talon signed him to a 12 year contract makes him one...

Now, regarding Yzerman, if ANYONE is going to get offers outside of the organization it will be Jim Nill. IF Scotty Bowman has anything to say about it, it WILL be Jim Nill. No matter what you guys think, Scotty and Yzerman were like oil and water. Yzerman was never a favorite of Scotty's. Oh sure, in the public eye everything was peachy, but behind the scenes Scotty really didn't like him. For pete;s sake Scotty had him traded in 1994 to Ottawa for Alexi Yashin until Marian Ilitch stepped in and said NO WAY. Fedorov was Scotty's boy, he took over in 1994 when Yzerman went down with the neck injury and Fedorov had his CAREER year that year winning BOTH the Selke and Hart, and when they lost to San Jose in the first round, Scotty questioned Yzerman's leadership and desire to win. He had the trade ready to go, Yashin and Fedorov had great chemistry together and Scotty wanted that duo. But when he was vetoed by Ilitch, he then took Yzerman to the side and told him to change his game and re-evaluate his desire or he will treat him so bad that Yzerman will ask to be traded! (ok, so maybe not that exact way, but that is when Yzerman's game changed to a more defensive style of play, so I am assuming Scotty did have a meeting with Steve about how he better change or he'll never win a Cup in Detroit.) Anyow, the point being I don't think Bowman would recommend hiring Yzerman in Chicago, besides like someone said, Nill is the next one to get a GM job, look how long he's been the Asst. GM. Holland isn't retiring anytime soon and Nill is ready now to become the man, somewhere. Yzerman's natural progression is in line with the timeframe of Holland's retirement. I could see Nill being hired by a team liek Chicago who needs a GM to make that one move that puts them over (ala Holland trading for Shanny) OR to completelyh rebuild a team (Phoenix, Florida) ie. Jimmy Devellano...

Expect Nill to be a GM somewhere else and Yzerman promoted to asst. GM taking over for Holland when he retires.

BTW - The way former payers say how Scotty treats his players (no matter if your're Yzerman or Aaron Ward) I wouldn't doubt that my story is that far from the truth! Just ask Dino or Coffey or Ward themselves! I hear Kozlov was took the blunt of the blame for a lot of things as well...

Did you even read the article? Even people on here say nothing too serious should come about our RFA's turning into UFA's. Maybe something minor, but I can imagine Tallon will keep at least one of them.

Did you even read the article? Even people on here say nothing too serious should come about our RFA's turning into UFA's. Maybe something minor, but I can imagine Tallon will keep at least one of them.

My bet is absolutely nothing comes of it. At worst a slap on the wrist, but I predict they'll be able to retain the rights to all their RFAs.

That's exactly what he said, actually.

He in fact didn't say anything about Hossa personally at all. He was talking about the Hawks organization and that they screwed up signing Hossa and it's going to hurt them. There is no way to logically spin that into Hossa being a cancer no matter what your agenda is.

leave it to a french reporter to start that kind of rumor....what a crock of s***. yzerman is and always will be a red wing!

Listen man. RDS is a HUGE sports company in Canada. They're not the kind of reporters who are going to say blabla for a salary. They have MUCH MUCH more contacts then you and more reputation. So get out of here with your racist reply because they're not all frenchies in RDS BTW... :!:

Listen man. RDS is a HUGE sports company in Canada. They're not the kind of reporters who are going to say blabla for a salary. They have MUCH MUCH more contacts then you and more reputation. So get out of here with your racist reply because they're not all frenchies in RDS BTW... :!:

You're right man. But you've got to admit that the collective hockey media in Quebec has made some silly accusations and rumours over the last year. The whole negative situation in the Habs locker room was a product of tabloid style journalism and is certainly something the hockey media in Quebec should feel bad about.

You're right man. But you've got to admit that the collective hockey media in Quebec has made some silly accusations and rumours over the last year. The whole negative situation in the Habs locker room was a product of tabloid style journalism and is certainly something the hockey media in Quebec should feel bad about.

Yeah that is true in every aspect because the fans in Montreal and the media are all waiting for a cup and it is very very difficult these days because the league is filled with powers like the Wings.

He in fact didn't say anything about Hossa personally at all. He was talking about the Hawks organization and that they screwed up signing Hossa and it's going to hurt them. There is no way to logically spin that into Hossa being a cancer no matter what your agenda is.

Learn to read, please.

Hossa is probably the main factor destroying their organization, and he will be the cause that Hawks' future is going to be f***ed. What a cancer, glad he's gone, cause that could be us right now...

Snazzy hates hossa for not signing with us so much he wants to murder him with his bare hands. He is definitely stupid enough to call Hossa a locker room cancer. He says in verbatum, that Hossa is causing the Hawks to implode and he then refers to him when he says "glad that cancer is gone".

It's impossible. Stevie is a cyborg kinda like Robocop but better, his internal computer programming would not allow him to leave the organization. It's the directive 4 that Mike Illich had put in place just in case Stevie became rogue. SO, don't worry it will never happen. :D:siren:

Edited by Detroitboogie

Dude, that's totally not what he said. Try re-reading it.

"Hossa is probably the main factor destroying their organization, and he will be the cause that Hawks' future is going to be f***ed. What a cancer, glad he's gone, cause that could be us right now..."

Maybe you're the one who should give reading a shot.

Snazzy hates hossa for not signing with us so much he wants to murder him with his bare hands. He is definitely stupid enough to call Hossa a locker room cancer. He says in verbatum, that Hossa is causing the Hawks to implode and he then refers to him when he says "glad that cancer is gone".

For his own sake, I hope Snazzy isn't a day over 14 years old.

Nice try Strawman. As much as you would like to manipulate and skew my post, nowhere did I say Hossa was "locker room cancer". I said his situation is cancerous to the Blackhawks, and I said thankfully he's not ruining our organization, as it would dampen our depth completely (like it's doing to Chicago).

You're a Hossa slappy, we get that. You'll probably be rooting for the Hawks next season, that's what bandwagon fans do. We know your kind all too well. You're the guy that was fighting with a dozen other LGWs members trying to claim that the Frazen signing was s*** and Hossa is god. You're the biggest ******* tool on the board, but that's okay, you are entertainment to all of us! You're like watching a deadly car accident, we cringe when it happens, but can't stop looking and pointing :)

Edited by Snazzy

Theres no way Stevey would do that to us. He knows what he has here and he know's there desperation to take over what he have built here in HT. I mean if I was another organization I would be jealous of the Wings, but taking our players and front office staff from us? Come on. Yzerman knows he has it made here and that one day he will take over as GM. I am really excited as he is probably an "intern" to Holland. ahah

But I really do believe when it comes down to it Stevey wouldn't leave.

Jesus, this Snazzy kid is one of the biggest tools I've ever encountered. The whole tough guy act can't mask his total incompetence, unfortunately. You referred to Hossa as a cancer, which is an absolute joke of a statement. When Hossa gets 30+ more points than Franzen next year, I'll be sure to laugh at you.