• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Avram

Yzerman GM in Chicago soon?

Rate this topic

Listen man. RDS is a HUGE sports company in Canada. They're not the kind of reporters who are going to say blabla for a salary. They have MUCH MUCH more contacts then you and more reputation. So get out of here with your racist reply because they're not all frenchies in RDS BTW... :!:

:blink: Can you say the pot calling the kettle black?

Nice try Strawman. As much as you would like to manipulate and skew my post, nowhere did I say Hossa was "locker room cancer". I said his situation is cancerous to the Blackhawks, and I said thankfully he's not ruining our organization, as it would dampen our depth completely (like it's doing to Chicago).

You're a Hossa slappy, we get that. You'll probably be rooting for the Hawks next season, that's what bandwagon fans do. We know your kind all too well. You're the guy that was fighting with a dozen other LGWs members trying to claim that the Frazen signing was s*** and Hossa is god. You're the biggest ******* tool on the board, but that's okay, you are entertainment to all of us! You're like watching a deadly car accident, we cringe when it happens, but can't stop looking and pointing :)

You cry strawman and then say I said the franzen signing is s***? I love Franzen, he's awesome, but I'd rather have Hossa. That makes me a bandwagon fan?

There was also an article out of Montreal speculating that Babcock was planning to coach the Canadiens because his wife and daughter were taking French lessons...these people are clowns with way too much time and a hard-on for shock value...don't bother with it.

Guest blueadams
There's a french article in RDS.ca that tells us Yzerman might become the GM of Chicago. Is this acceptable after all those years in Detroit?

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/277745.html

honestly, he might go there for a few years to work and learn (aka...prepare to take hollands job) under bowman for a few yrs until kenny steps down. i'd rather have him working as an assistant in detroit. and it would suck to have to eventually go up against all that talent he accumulates in chi-town. but, as long as he comes back when our job is open...im cool.

Stevie Y has said in the past he'd entertain the idea of going to a GM position out of Detroit. Wouldn't put it past him. Chicago is a good team to inherit and lead. I wish him the best but it'll be hard to see him somewhere else. Time will tell what will happen.

I keep reading Snazzy as Slappy which makes me think of Slappy the Squirrel from Animaniacs. Then I start laughing. That's probably not a good thing for Snazzy/Slappy.

Never heard of him. I couldn't think of a new alias for LGW and that was the first one that came to mind. I liked my old username from 2001/2002 better, but I lost the email address to retrieve the password.

If there is any cancer type move the Hawks made, it's Brian Campbell. Huet IS moveable since after this year he'll only have 2 years left, BUT that should not be the case since I do not want to put a potential Stanley Cup Champion in the hands of Corey Crawford and Antti Niemi. Crawford got some action 2 years ago and found a way with Khabibulin and Lalime, and I don't recall him at all being in there last year. Niemi needs to be developed more if you ask me. He has potential, I saw that potential by only giving up 2 goals against the Kings on March 1st when I was at the game, and we won 4-2.

I don't see how Hossa is a cancer. From what I saw, Snazzy sure looked like he was calling Hossa a cancer. To me a cancer is someone who drags down his teammates. I think Hossa will make his teammates better this year, not worse. There are no personal issues with the Hawks really, but if there is any cancer, it's Campbell cause of his contract.

Google - it's your friend. link

Also, English should be capitalized.

Since we are dishing out grammar lessons, you are actually incorrect. In this case, the word english is not a proper noun, and therefor it is not necessary to capatalize it. Had the poster said 'why not post an article in England ', that would require a capital. Had the poster said 'the writer of that article was English' that would have required a capital. In fact, proper grammar would have required him to start the word "why" with a capital and end the sentence with a question mark, but ultimately this isn't a lesson in grammar. If you would like one, here is a link...

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/nouns-proper_2.htm

Please note, I do not mean this post as a smart-a$$ comment, just information...

Edit: Typo (because mistakes happen)

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

Yeah that is true in every aspect because the fans in Montreal and the media are all waiting for a cup and it is very very difficult these days because the league is filled with powers like the Wings.

Yeah, the weight of the fans' expectations must feel heavy to members of the Canadians organization. I can't imagine having every move I make scrutinized from every angle all the while being expected to bring the fans the ultimate trophy in professional sports.

Yeah, the weight of the fans' expectations must feel heavy to members of the Canadians organization. I can't imagine having every move I make scrutinized from every angle all the while being expected to bring the fans the ultimate trophy in professional sports.

As soon as it becomes apparent the Habs are going to miss the playoffs or be eliminated Gainey better have an emergency helicopter fueled to get out of Quebec.

If you're going to correct someone, at least try to be right.

The OP was using "english" as a reference to the English language. Therefore, it needs to be capitalized.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/english

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_do_you_capi...he_word_english

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization (notice every reference to English is capitalized)

The link you provided didn't even address the subject at hand, it referred to the use of "the".

This isn't smart-assed either, just factual.

Since we are dishing out grammar lessons, you are actually incorrect. In this case, the word english is not a proper noun, and therefor it is not necessary to capatalize it. Had the poster said 'why not post an article in England ', that would require a capital. Had the poster said 'the writer of that article was English' that would have required a capital. In fact, proper grammar would have required him to start the word "why" with a capital and end the sentence with a question mark, but ultimately this isn't a lesson in grammar. If you would like one, here is a link...

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/nouns-proper_2.htm

Please note, I do not mean this post as a smart-a$$ comment, just information...

Edit: Typo (because mistakes happen)

If you nit pick about grammar you pretty much suck anyway...

Yeah, Heaven forbid that we refuse to participate in the dumbing down of America and the World by worrying about such trivialities as grammar and spelling. I keep forgetting that there are no language rules in the text message culture of today's society.

1. This whole Hossa being a potential locker room Cancer; No, that is Heatley.

2. Yzerman to the 'Hawks? It's a simple question of, "Will you bite the hand that feeds?"

"Hossa is probably the main factor destroying their organization, and he will be the cause that Hawks' future is going to be f***ed. What a cancer, glad he's gone, cause that could be us right now..."

Maybe you're the one who should give reading a shot.

I'll try reading. Oops I did. Maybe you should try comprehending. The quote you said does not say Hossa is a locker room cancer. You think it does because

1) It had the word "cancer" in it demonstrating the reading yes comprehending no point.

2) From the ensuing discussion you proved my point you had an agenda, you're little tiff with the author. I wasn't taking his side over yours, my friend. Only stating accurately that the particular quote wasn't about Hossa but about the Blackhawks signing him and that action was the "cancer" not Hossa personally

I'll try reading. Oops I did. Maybe you should try comprehending. The quote you said does not say Hossa is a locker room cancer. You think it does because

1) It had the word "cancer" in it demonstrating the reading yes comprehending no point.

2) From the ensuing discussion you proved my point you had an agenda, you're little tiff with the author. I wasn't taking his side over yours, my friend. Only stating accurately that the particular quote wasn't about Hossa but about the Blackhawks signing him and that action was the "cancer" not Hossa personally

That was my point. I don't think Hossa's personality is cancer. The situation for Detroit (and Chicago) is cancerous.

Holland would have to give up Filippula and Cleary to keep Hossa. That just isn't realistic as Detroit would not only lack depth, but lose some of our best playoff performers and key role players that makes Detroit "the team to beat". Red Wings would no longer be a contender in the cap world... Some people don't get that.

In the cap world, teams can't have 6 superstars and 5 key role players. We're no longer in the pre-cap world when Holland can sign 76 million for a one season roster. Chicago is going to be in a world of hurt after this year. That situation is cancer. The 2011/2012 Chicago Blackhawks won't be an impact team unless they can unload some highly paid and/or overpaid players.

Anyone who thinks the 2010/2011 Red Wings would have better with Hossa in the aforementioned cap situation is completely and utterly ignorant. Holland is a genius for letting Hossa walk. I still question how couch GMs can possibly think otherwise.

Kenny Holland > LGW's second guessers

Some people can't comprehend "salary cap". Thankfully they are not and never will be involved in any Red Wings' roster, contract or team decisions, EVER! In Kenny we trust!