• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Holland IS Searching for a Free Agent!

Rate this topic

This just made my day. Holland is actually searching for a bargain price forward who will provide grit and offense, exactly what I think we need. Look for a signing around mid-July. :)

"We'll sort through the players that are still available in the middle of July and see if there's someone who'll fit at the right price. We've got a wonderful core, and we've got a nice push of kids coming in -- but we'll look for a guy who'll give us some depth."

The Wings will be looking for a forward, especially a rugged winger with an offensive touch.

MLive

Edited by ShanahanMan

This just made my day. Holland is actually searching for a bargain price forward who will provide grit and offense, exactly what I think we need. Look for a signing around mid-July. :)

MLive

if you are really surprised that GM is doing his job, I dunno what kind of world you're living.

(Even if GM has not hired anybody, it does not mean he did not try.)

if you are really surprised that GM is doing his job, I dunno what kind of world you're living.

(Even if GM has not hired anybody, it does not mean he did not try.)

If you've been keeping up with the news moron you would have seen that there had been NO indication that Holland was looking to sign a free agent after re-signing Hudler. Everyone could only wait and speculate. In fact, all signs were pointing to Abdelkader taking the roster spot, instead of signing someone. With this news, it provides a bit of reassurance to some of us that Holland IS in fact searching to sign someone.

If you've been keeping up with the news moron you would have seen that there had been NO indication that Holland was looking to sign a free agent after re-signing Hudler. Everyone could only wait and speculate. In fact, all signs were pointing to Abdelkader taking the roster spot, instead of signing someone. With this news, it provides a bit of reassurance to some of us that Holland IS in fact searching to sign someone.

Sry , but I do not expect GM inform fanboards of his daily moves. I simply find threads "look, GM is working" lil bit silly.

Sry , but I do not expect GM inform fanboards of his daily moves. I simply find threads "look, GM is working" lil bit silly.

Fine.

But anyway; by the comments posted by Holland, I am damn excited!!!

Yeah, agreed. Seriously: if Holland said, well, I'm not really bothering, I just want to re-sign the guys we have, he loses all his leverage with those guys. Next we'll be hearing that the video guy is out collecting and editing videos, and here we all thought he was racing go-karts in Monaco.

Yeah, agreed. Seriously: if Holland said, well, I'm not really bothering, I just want to re-sign the guys we have, he loses all his leverage with those guys. Next we'll be hearing that the video guy is out collecting and editing videos, and here we all thought he was racing go-karts in Monaco.

khgkm.png

:rolleyes:

Ah, guy who used to be rugger winger with an offensive touch. I hope Holland looking more toward the future, not the past.

I think Bertuzzi wouldnt be a bad signing if Hudler prices himself out of Detroit.

If we can get him to for something like 2 years at 1.25 per, he would be a nice addition.

Bertuzzi is capable of scoring 45-55 points still and is still a physical player. Id consider him a huge upgrade over Samuelsson, especially when it comes to playoff style hockey. I also think Bertuzzi would relish at a chance of being on a line with Hank and Z. Bertuzzi is still without a cup. He should be hungry.

Also, I think he is a better player than Bill Guerin at this stage of the game, and Guerin provided a nice spark for the Pens.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

I think Bertuzzi wouldnt be a bad signing if Hudler prices himself out of Detroit.

If we can get him to for something like 2 years at 1.25 per, he would be a nice addition.

Bertuzzi is capable of scoring 45-55 points still and is still a physical player. Id consider him a huge upgrade over Samuelsson, especially when it comes to playoff style hockey. I also think Bertuzzi would relish at a chance of being on a line with Hank and Z. Bertuzzi is still without a cup. He should be hungry.

Also, I think he is a better player than Bill Guerin at this stage of the game, and Guerin provided a nice spark for the Pens.

Bertuzzi's been here before and meshed with no one. I don't want him in Detroit.

Ben Eager, on the other hand...

Seems like there's a lot of Travis Moen hype for no reason. The board is probably going to crash similar to years past when the Wings lost out on marquee players like Brad Winchester, Adam Hall, Brendan Witt, etc.

Moen would be a solid addition but he's not that great.

Bertuzzi's been here before and meshed with no one. I don't want him in Detroit.

Ben Eager, on the other hand...

When Bertuzzi was here he had just come off missing two seasons. If youve watched him play since, he has shown flashes. He's still a nice player. Id love to have him in a series against the Ducks or Pens.

I like these matchups

Throw Hank/Franzen/Cleary against Crosby/Kunitz/Guerin

Throw Datsyuk/Filppula/Bertuzzi at Malkin/Fedotenko/Talbot

Then We'd still have a chance to beef up the third line at the deadline.

Guest Four

We'll get a someone who gets lots of assists and will have plenty of big hits.. Only problem I don't know who it is yet xD

here is a list of some of the grity forwards still available

jermey reich

andrew peters

tom kostopolud

mithc fritz

mike sillinger

mark bell

blair betts

brad isbister

wade brookbank

david koci

matt pettinger

brad may

kris newbury

ben ondrus

donald brasher

todd bertuzi

warren peters

andre roy

steve begin

derek armstrong

scott nichol

brian mcgratton

mike grier

travis moen

jeff cowan

so there is still alot of gritty guys available, just a matter of finding the right one i suppose. Some good guys on this list that would be great addition to the wings.

It's going to be Todd Bertuzzi or someone like him. Wow I wish they would have done this on the 1st like all the other teams did.

Edited by REDHASEK