• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Good News

Rate this topic

For all of the people down about our cap situation this year, have no fear!!! As long as we dont committ to any dumb contracts this off season (pretty much impossible), we should be in real good shape for next year.

1. Assuming Hudler prices himself out of here.

2. Holmstrom, Maltby, Lidstrom, Lebda, Lilja are UFAs

3. Helm, Abdelkader, Meech are RFAs

4. I pencilded Lidstrom in at 3.5 mil, a significant decrease that I expect him to take.

5. I dont know what kind of money Helm or Abby will recieve as they have not played a full regular season yet. I just penciled them in what they are making this year.

We encourage copying and pasting capgeek.com's generated results on message boards and blogs, but we hope you will consider leaving mention of capgeek.com when you do so. A link back is even better. This will help capgeek.com stay alive and grow.

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.7m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.1m) /

Johan Franzen ($4.0m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.0m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.8m)

Ville Leino ($0.9m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.8m) / Darren Helm ($0.6m)

Kris Draper ($1.6m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalaski ($6.0m) / Brad Stuart ($3.8m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($3.5m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.0m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.9m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.4m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.7m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 16; PAYROLL: $45.8m; CAP ROOM: $11.0m

Official numbers

ROSTER SIZE 16

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $45,803,987

CAP ROOM $10,996,013

Is there even a list yet for next years crop of UFA's. How would we go about filling in the wholes. 6 players, 10 million to play with, leaving 1 mil for flexibility???

For all of the people down about our cap situation this year, have no fear!!! As long as we dont committ to any dumb contracts this off season (pretty much impossible), we should be in real good shape for next year.

1. Assuming Hudler prices himself out of here.

2. Holmstrom, Maltby, Lidstrom, Lebda, Lilja are UFAs

3. Helm, Abdelkader, Meech are RFAs

4. I pencilded Lidstrom in at 3.5 mil, a significant decrease that I expect him to take.

5. I dont know what kind of money Helm or Abby will recieve as they have not played a full regular season yet. I just penciled them in what they are making this year.

We encourage copying and pasting capgeek.com's generated results on message boards and blogs, but we hope you will consider leaving mention of capgeek.com when you do so. A link back is even better. This will help capgeek.com stay alive and grow.

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.7m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.1m) /

Johan Franzen ($4.0m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.0m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.8m)

Ville Leino ($0.9m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.8m) / Darren Helm ($0.6m)

Kris Draper ($1.6m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalaski ($6.0m) / Brad Stuart ($3.8m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($3.5m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.0m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.9m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.4m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.7m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 16; PAYROLL: $45.8m; CAP ROOM: $11.0m

Official numbers

ROSTER SIZE 16

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $45,803,987

CAP ROOM $10,996,013

Is there even a list yet for next years crop of UFA's. How would we go about filling in the wholes. 6 players, 10 million to play with, leaving 1 mil for flexibility???

you're dumb

I hate to break it to alot of you...

I realize there is an unwritten rule right now that no one makes more than Lidstrom. However, if he continues to play into his 40's that rule WILL change. You can count in it.

You guys act like if he plays until hes 50, he will continue to make over 7 million a year. The guy is already showing signs of slowing down. 3.5 million for a 41 year old is not that far fetched, for the love of god.

I realize there is an unwritten rule right now that no one makes more than Lidstrom. However, if he continues to play into his 40's that rule WILL change. You can count in it.

You guys act like if he plays until hes 50, he will continue to make over 7 million a year. The guy is already showing signs of slowing down. 3.5 million for a 41 year old is not that far fetched, for the love of god.

exactly.

do you people that keep bringing up this point, follow the wings at all? They had the same "clause" when Stevie was here and it ONLY applied to his initial contract... after the player starts to decline, they tale less to keep playing, but the cap "ceiling" shifts to next in command - IE Dats or Z... especially in the cap world, Lidstrom WILL play at least 1 more year and he WILL take less.

If he had showed significant decline sure... but he was just nominated for the Norris... he will not be signing for 3.5 million a year from now.. sorry try again.

exactly.

do you people that keep bringing up this point, follow the wings at all? They had the same "clause" when Stevie was here and it ONLY applied to his initial contract... after the player starts to decline, they tale less to keep playing, but the cap "ceiling" shifts to next in command - IE Dats or Z... especially in the cap world, Lidstrom WILL play at least 1 more year and he WILL take less.

Of course he is going to take less... what is in dispute is the posters comment that he will make 3.5.. which is a slap in the face to say the least..

Of course he is going to take less... what is in dispute is the posters comment that he will make 3.5.. which is a slap in the face to say the least..

A slap in the face? There are so many other variables involved. Lidstrom has already made his money in this league. He may take less so Kenny can put as many pieces in place as possible for a final run at the cup? Yzerman's last contract was around 1.25 by the way, at age 40. Lidstrom will be 41. And sure, he was a Norris trophy candidate this year. We will see how he plays this season.

A slap in the face? There are so many other variables involved. Lidstrom has already made his money in this league. He may take less so Kenny can put as many pieces in place as possible for a final run at the cup? Yzerman's last contract was around 1.25 by the way, at age 40. Lidstrom will be 41. And sure, he was a Norris trophy candidate this year. We will see how he plays this season.

Big difference between Lidstrom and Yzerman.. as I said, Lidstrom was just nominated for the Norris... Yzerman could barely stand up in his final years. Yes.. other variables sure, enough so that Lidstrom might make 5-5.5 million.. but 3.5 million is a joke... i dont think management would even allow that to happen if he offered..

If he had showed significant decline sure... but he was just nominated for the Norris... he will not be signing for 3.5 million a year from now.. sorry try again.

He is declining.

Lidstrom used to be god out there. This year he was a Norris trophy candidate on name recognition only. The trend will continue, mon frare. It's just the nature of the beast.

He is declining.

Lidstrom used to be god out there. This year he was a Norris trophy candidate on name recognition only. The trend will continue, mon frare. It's just the nature of the beast.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Name recognition only? We're talking about Nick Lidstrom here. Any team in the league right now would pay top dollar for him right now depending on situation.

Mon Frere*

I can't believe what I'm reading. Name recognition only? We're talking about Nick Lidstrom here. Any team in the league right now would pay top dollar for him right now depending on situation.

Mon Frere*

It has to be said, 2008-09 was a bit of an off-year for him. He was easily third place for a trophy he's usually coronated - I'd call that a decline even if he is still playing really well. He's getting old, there's no getting around that, you can't expect him to be winning (or even getting nominated) for Norris trophies until he's +45, bodies just can't keep peaked that long.

Edited by Cern

Surprised that some people here think Lidstrom is looking to cash in next year. Lidstrom has always been the least greedy NHL player in the league. We signed him for 7.5 when, at the time, he could have easily have fetched 11 million per (Jager money at the time).

3 million for one year is very-very logical. Hell, he'll forty f***in one! Can't believe some people's logic (or lack thereof) here.

--assuming Lids doesn't retire--

Surprised that some people here think Lidstrom is looking to cash in next year. Lidstrom has always been the least greedy NHL player in the league. We signed him for 7.5 when, at the time, he could have easily have fetched 11 million per (Jager money at the time).

3 million for one year is very-very logical. Hell, he'll forty f***in one! Can't believe some people's logic (or lack thereof) here.

--assuming Lids doesn't retire--

Im definatly not saying he wants/deserves absolute top dollar. I totally agree with the 3Mil/1 year. All I'm saying is he is still Nick. He is still an amazing defensemen, and I can't believe the lack of faith in him after one season.

Im definatly not saying he wants/deserves absolute top dollar. I totally agree with the 3Mil/1 year. All I'm saying is he is still Nick. He is still an amazing defensemen, and I can't believe the lack of faith in him after one season.

I can agree with that. A 41 year old Nick will still be one solid defensmen. Though nobody should suggest he'll be remotely close to a 34/35 year old Nick. Nick wasn't even human in the prime of his career.

Although Lidstrom WILL NOT be making $3.5M IF[/] he re-signs next year, BUT it is not far fetched to see him sign a deal worth $5.0m and $5.5m. I would say Maltby, Lebda & Lilja will most likely NOT be back. Holmstrom is a maybe, yeah he had an off year, but he was injured a lot during the regular season. He had a horible playoffs, but has always been known to have better playoffs than regular season, so, barring more injuries, I will wait to see his playoff performance this year before I write him off as to not re-signing. (with a significant pay decrease tho.)

Abby & Helm, RFA's.... Well, the performance Helm has put on in the last two playoffs, he will get the biggest raise of all the RFA's, probably between $1.25 and $1.5M. Abby is aleady close to a million than Helm, but has not had as much success as Helm (two very huge goals tho!) so unless Abby plays more than half the season in Detroit, I don't expect his raise to be as much, maybe he will reach the $1m, but not much more...

Either way, there is still a significant amount of cap space left next summer, so yeah, it will a very, very busy summer for Kenny & the Gang! ALthough, there are plenty of kids in GRR waiting to get up here. Lets see the trade-offs if the guys we've mentioned actually leave (assuming Lids retires as well.)

Maltby - Abby (full time)

Lebda - Kindl

Holmstrom - Ryno

Lilja - Kolosov

Lidstrom - UFA?

Not quite sure which D-Men are ready after Kindl & Kolosov, so I would imagine that Holland may be shopping for a UFA Defensman UNLESS we make a trade for someoen like Jack Johnson (fingers crossed) this season... :lol:

exactly... it's not a "slap in the face" if the player flat out asks for less, which I could see Nick doing, just because he's so classy and would do anything to help his team.

Guest mindfly

Lids signing for 3-4million plus a 4million salarycap increase, that would be freakin sweet.