• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Hudler files for arbitration

Rate this topic

I like this part of your post....I like Filppula....I honestly thinjk they would complement each other on the same line...it seems that one has what the other lacks....put a Z or Franzen in there....and it's like smooth sailing. (IMO) that line would have it all I think.

...... I never even thought about the shootout spot..... but who would play with the opposing goalie with his little leg kick when he shoots.....? lol....

I agree though that I don't think any of this will have anything to do with Filppula....he should be taken out of the equation. They HAVE to find a way to keep Huds....if injuries are anything like the playoffs and we've lost Hossa-Sammy-Kopeceky....I mean even though two of them I could really care less about, they did pick up some slack....and yes Leino & Helm......but I don't know if Leion's 1st full time season will be as great as some think...we can all speculate on points and goals and such......but we won't every really know til the numbers are on the boards....right???

As for Hudler waniting more money then Filppula.....wanting more than $2.5 is not exactly wanting more then him.....knowing that the arbitration is making a case for $3-$4 maybe closer to $4 is knowing that the negotiating meets in the middle right....so I'm betting that if there is a $3 offered ( I don't know how) he'd take it....or as TONS of us have been saying, a small raise this year & salary re-negotiating next year when there is more cap space........

A line of Franzen Hudler and Filppula would be darn good I bet.

You have to remember Filppula received his $3m for 5 years (average) contract before last year, after all of 17 and 36 point seasons -- of course Hudler deserves more money, after 42 and 57 point seasons... hopefully Holland works his "team sell" and can get Hudler to sign for less than he is worth for a short-term contract with the payoff coming in the next year or two.

You have to remember Filppula received his $3m for 5 years (average) contract before last year, after all of 17 and 36 point seasons -- of course Hudler deserves more money, after 42 and 57 point seasons... hopefully Holland works his "team sell" and can get Hudler to sign for less than he is worth for a short-term contract with the payoff coming in the next year or two.

As mentioned before, its not all about points. Hockey is played on both ends of the ice.

As mentioned before, its not all about points. Hockey is played on both ends of the ice.

I've said all along, Hudler @ $1.5 to $2.0m is awesome ON THE WINGS with their cap issues. He is worth WAAAAAY more on the open market, I only hope they can find a happy place 1. so we can see what he can do as he gets older and 2. LEAVES ENOUGH CAP SPACE TO COMPLETE OUR FORWARD RANKS! you cannot play the game with 11 forwards with no room for callups...

I'd like to see both guys play at least one more season here... with close enough minutes that the debates can finally rest a bit. I personally would take Filppula in the end, but Hudler is no slouch.

I would agree with this. I would love to have both Filppula and Hudler, i just dont think Hudlers worth any more than 2.5 mil. I just dont agree with egroen's assessment of Filppula. I cant ever remember Draper averaging over 18 min per game in a playoffs.

i can't remember draper leading all wings players in assists at the end of a long playoff run either.

i don't want to lose hudler but there is no way in hell i would keep him over flip.

what disappointed me most with hudler in the playoffs is that when datsyuk was out and others like cleary, hank and homer were all struggling with injuries, he failed to elevate his game. the wings really needed their secondary scoring to come through but hudler vanished after the anaheim series with just 4 assists in 12 games.

i can't remember draper leading all wings players in assists at the end of a long playoff run either.

i don't want to lose hudler but there is no way in hell i would keep him over flip.

what disappointed me most with hudler in the playoffs is that when datsyuk was out and others like cleary, hank and homer were all struggling with injuries, he failed to elevate his game. the wings really needed their secondary scoring to come through but hudler vanished after the anaheim series with just 4 assists in 12 games.

Draper did, however, score 40 points on a grind line -- while Filppula scored the same playing with much better talent on a consistent basis.

I just do not see Filppula getting much above 50 points in his career.

Hudler is 25, and had the same exact problem Datsyuk had at the same age -- physically dominated in the playoffs and tended to disappear.

That does not mean Hudler can overcome it like Datsyuk did, but I hope we get the chance to find out.

Draper did, however, score 40 points on a grind line -- while Filppula scored the same playing with much better talent on a consistent basis.

I just do not see Filppula getting much above 50 points in his career.

Hudler is 25, and had the same exact problem Datsyuk had at the same age -- physically dominated in the playoffs and tended to disappear.

That does not mean Hudler can overcome it like Datsyuk did, but I hope we get the chance to find out.

i hope we get to find out how good both of them can become on the wings.

but it looks like it will cost at least $3m to retain hudler. at that level i would let him go