• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pavel Bure

Chris Osgood message board poster?

Rate this topic

Hello I registered here during the SCF two years ago. Not to troll. You guys seem legit. There was a thread started on "Official Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board" about Osgood being well... a dick.

http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/ind...showtopic=30808

Now if you kind folks will look at page 4 this post appears.

This is Chris Osgood. I was directed to this message board post and registered specifically for the purpose of responding to this. I am only going to post this one reply in this message board and that is all. To the user "hockeyrocks" who seems to know all about me. First off, it's called Kalamalka Lake, not Kalamaki, and I do agree it is a gorgeous spot and I quite enjoy the time my family and I spend there off season.

From the information you have given I am assuming the friends of yours you are referring to are Dan and Maryanne of Calgary. They are indeed my neighbors and have met them personally as well as their three boys. If I recall correctly their oldest boy is named Chris and is quite the avid hockey player as well as a golfer. What is not true is you claiming I never sign anything for anyone. I probably sign my name more times in a single day then you can imagine and don't mind doing it for fans. I do, however, have one rule; I do not sign autographs when I am seated in a restaurant having dinner with my family. If that makes me a "******* idiot" as you put it, then so be it. In regards to Dan and Maryanne's boys, I have most definitely signed autographs for them previously when they asked. I probably sign my name more times in a single year in the form of an autograph than the average person signs in 10 years, and I'm happy to do it for the fans as long as they do not interrupt me or my family while we are sitting down eating. You'll find that a lot of other players have the same rule, and if you had a family, you would understand.

This will be my one and only post here. I just wanted to clear the air regarding hockeyrocks untrue comments posted here. It's very rare that I register on a message board just to reply to comments I don't agree with, so consider this a rare exception. Enjoy your summer folks.

Ozzy

As Wings' fans does this hold any legitimacy? As in is it possible Osgood is this type of person and cares about his reputation this much? Cause good on him if he does. Like I said just wanted thoughts.

Hello I registered here during the SCF two years ago. Not to troll. You guys seem legit. There was a thread started on "Official Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board" about Osgood being well... a dick.

As Wings' fans does this hold any legitimacy? As in is it possible Osgood is this type of person and cares about his reputation this much? Cause good on him if he does. Like I said just wanted thoughts.

He's a busy/rich hockey player, I doubt he'd have the time to see that post or feel the need to reply to it...

He's a busy/rich hockey player, I doubt he'd have the time to see that post or feel the need to reply to it...

I understand that in full however there are many specifics in that post which I'm assuming it would take quite the internet google artist or it would have to be him. Names wise I mean and things they like.

Guest Four

Seems like a lengthy post for a fake, and his nickname is spelled both ways Captain19. It was also on an NHL-affiliated website, so I can definitely see him reading it.

Him or not, it shut up the Penguins on that board- can he post here now?

The first time I went to Detroit we went to a restaurant that Brendan Shanahan happened to be at with his family (a few hours after a game too, so we were still in our Wings jerseys). And as badly as I wanted to go up and ask for a picture or autograph, I knew that it would be stepping over the line with his family there. It was enough for us to say "holy crap, that's Shanny that's 20 feet from us!"

These guys are human beings just like the rest of us. And I know that they're in the spotlight enough as it is. Time with their families is their time, and I would never encroach upon that.

As for Ozzie's reputation... He was much more vocal about things like that this year than in previous years from what I remember. It seems like every time he has a great game, there is always SOME reporter that wanted to ask things like "what would you say to everyone who said you were washed up" or "how does it affect you". And this year I remember him saying much more for those questions than in years past...

Not that I have an answer to this thread......but after reading some of the Pens boards and they say we're classless???

Some on here might have stupid immature fights with each other and about our own Wings players(myself included has done this & I apologize for that)........but I've never seen a "goalie bashing thread"...if it weren't for goalies....what the the hell would we be playing?!?!?!?!

Just ridiculous!

...but I've never seen a "goalie bashing thread"...

Yeah, you should have seen the Hasek/Cujo/Legace wars that happened here in 03-04. Vitriolic is too kind a word to describe some of the attitudes that ran rampant that year...

Not that I have an answer to this thread......but after reading some of the Pens boards and they say we're classless???

Some on here might have stupid immature fights with each other and about our own Wings players(myself included has done this & I apologize for that)........but I've never seen a "goalie bashing thread"...if it weren't for goalies....what the the hell would we be playing?!?!?!?!

Just ridiculous!

Yeah it's a lot of s*** to wade through. Not to mention it's the off-season. Just so many bandwagoners that hopped on and have to act like they know everything about hockey despite not watching it until last year.

Yeah it's a lot of s*** to wade through. Not to mention it's the off-season. Just so many bandwagoners that hopped on and have to act like they know everything about hockey despite not watching it until last year.

mindfly disease with the Pens fans too eh? That's too bad, we know what it's like.

(Just playing mindfly :P)

It is a well-thought out and personal response. However, I find it hard to believe Ozzie would take the time to care enough about those comments to generate a response. People have done nothing but tear Ozzie down for most of his career. Go back and read MOST of the threads on here during the regular season. That was bad enough and we are (most of us) Red Wings fans. My point being Ozzie proved the doubters wrong by being the Red Wings MVP. I don't think he needs an online message board to further his cause.

Just ridiculous!

I saw Holland least year outside of Detroit. We left him alone with his table but I couldnt help but get a picture when he was in the bar area.

since it seemed a little more personal i believe it is ozzie, if he reads this forum i am sure he has read a lot of crap from red wings fans too. if he does read this though, that would be awesome :D

Yeah, you should have seen the Hasek/Cujo/Legace wars that happened here in 03-04. Vitriolic is too kind a word to describe some of the attitudes that ran rampant that year...

Even in the Hasek/Osgood years there were some very, very strong opinions and name calling.

I saw Holland least year outside of Detroit. We left him alone with his table but I couldnt help but get a picture when he was in the bar area.

That's fair game I think. If you wait until he's up and away from his family at the bar, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to ask for a picture. Again, there's nothing wrong with asking. I think they really hate it when people act as if they're entitled to their time.

It is a well-thought out and personal response. However, I find it hard to believe Ozzie would take the time to care enough about those comments to generate a response. People have done nothing but tear Ozzie down for most of his career. Go back and read MOST of the threads on here during the regular season. That was bad enough and we are (most of us) Red Wings fans. My point being Ozzie proved the doubters wrong by being the Red Wings MVP. I don't think he needs an online message board to further his cause.

I dunno, I think the part that got to him was mentioning specific people in his life and his treatment of them (in the poster's opinion).

It's harder to ignore someone who takes a stab at your friends and loved ones than someone who does it to you.

Regardless if its him or not, hockeyrocks in that thread posted some pretty dodgey things..

He apparently took photos of his wife?

He was close enough to hear conversation?

He posted his address.

Edited by crotty99

Regardless if its him or not, hockeyrocks in that thread posted some pretty dodgey things..

He apparently took photos of his wife?

He was close enough to hear conversation?

He posted his address.

And supposedly nabbed some pics of his home. This guy could go to jail, but apparently doesn't care anymore.

I'm not going to debate whether or not that was actually Osgood because it really doesn't matter. I'm sure players from all the major sports browse message boards, I know I would if I were a player. To have some dude make claims about your character is part of the job, but what makes this situation unique is that some of the things hockeyrocks was saying easily bordered on stalking. I know if it involved just myself I wouldn't be too worried, but if it ivolved my family you can be sure I'd take notice pretty quickly. It would be easy to sit here and say "Oh, damn Pens fans what a bunch of losers!", and while that may be true this guy is going above and beyond what most ordinary idiotic forum members would.

Oh! . . .And then there was that time Fleury kicked my dog! What a bastard!!!

Come on guys, don't be so gullible.

Would he choose the username "Ozzy1126" ?

Would he sign his post "Ozzy" ? Yeah, I'm sure he goes around calling himself Ozzy IRL as well.

Do you really think he cares if someone on a messageboard (a penguins board of all things) says that someone thinks he's an *******? And why the hell would he respond and give out the names of his neighbours and their kids? I would think that's the last thing he would do.

If this is all it takes to bring Chris to a message board and make him respond, he should be here constantly trying to "clear the air".

That post reads exactly like something a 15-20 year old would imagine a player would write if they came onto a message board. Fake.

I know you all want to think there's a chance that the players read msg boards and that there's a chance they'll even post, but really.

The post is a fake. No way would Ozzie be posting on a message board, (or reading it for that matter). He's rich and famous he's got WAY better things to do.