• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thedisappearer

Ville Leino signs a 2 year extension

Rate this topic

I like this but I don't see how Huds accepts anything below 3 million and I rather the Wings not trade Lilja, the former soccer goalie who loves to place his body in front of 90 mph shots.

Either way...

Pav-Z-Mule

Leino-Fil-Cleary

Whoever-Helm-Homer

Whoever-Drapes-Malts

Nick-Rafi

Kronner-Stewie

Jonny-Whoever

Whoever

Ozzie

Hungry Howie

Call me crazy, but I'm actually pretty happy with that roster to start the season.

The 7th defenseman will undoubtedly be Meech (given his utility and price).

I guess the only other thing we could hope for is Holmstrom retiring? *shrugs* It'd be s***ty to see him go, but he doesn't seem to have much left in his body at this point. Who knows though, he might be fine this year if he can stay healthy. He spent a long time playing hurt and on the disabled list.

What's wrong with a bit of realism? 25-30 goals, easily?

He went through long periods in the AHL where he couldn't score and yet he's going to net this many in his rookie NHL season?

To be fair, those long periods of scoring trouble in the AHL were spaced out by long periods of crazy scoring, but I know what you mean. 25-30 goals is a dream rookie season in the NHL. If we can get 20-25 out of Leino we're golden. That is his potential, though- given how impressive his 13 game stint in the bigs was last year.

Good signing at a great price..... at least Leino understands the salary cap issues and really wants to play for Detroit.... we will see if the same holds true for Hudler. If Hudler is going to be greedy then he needs to go elsewhere.

Hopefully Leino will make up for some of the lost production

Good signing at a great price..... at least Leino understands the salary cap issues and really wants to play for Detroit.... we will see if the same holds true for Hudler. If Hudler is going to be greedy then he needs to go elsewhere.

Ok...Hudler "greedy"????? And how much did we pull Hossa in for last year which is THE reason for all this crap in the first place...(IMO)......here or not here, his pay (come on as much as Lids?!) was WAY out in left field......even if he did score 40 goals in the regular season....did he say "oh I don't get pd in the playoffs, so what's the point?"

At least Huds tried and you call HIM greedy! Hudler is trying to get something in the ball park of what he believes he should make, obviously filed arbitration because he WANTS to stay....and to at least make the amount the OTHER players of his caliber (and less!) are making.....to me that is NOT in anyway greed! You can not call someone greedy because they feel they deserve a raise.

A player-ANY PLAYER-putting up 57 points is worth at least $3Mil.....Leino was being greedy in the fact of "I don't want to play in GR anymore...I want to be FT Wings player".....there for, having to have a LARGER paycheck to play......right??? Taking money out of the cap.....if he would play another year in GR....it would have a smaller cap hit which would HELP the Wings to afford Hudler.......come on....if you don't have $3Mil for a 57 point scorer that would score more on a line with the more veteran skilled players...then you went wrong somewhere with someone elses pay.....

If you were at a job and you sold more, lets say, telephones than the guy next to you (who is still a little new at his job) and you were due for a raise, would you say "NO...I don't want to be greedy for doing my job and doing it well" especially in this economy....??? No, you'd take the damn raise that you thought you deserved.....

I've tried to stop from getting "erked" on here, but Hudler greedy....don't think so bud!

http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/sp...fd-9055e58b934d

HUDLER'S RETURN

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said he's also confident he'll get a contract done with forward Jiri Hudler.

"Hudler, at some point, will be done," Holland said.

The 25-year-old Hudler will be looking for a raise from the US$1.15 million he made a year ago after posting a career-high 23 goals and 57 points in 82 games.

Hudler filed for arbitration Sunday, which means the restricted free agent cannot receive an offer sheet from another club.

Holland and Hudler's representatives will continue to negotiate with arbitration cases set to be heard July 20 to Aug. 4 in Toronto.

"I've talked to his agent and I think he wants to be in Detroit," Holland said.

"With the cap system, there's only so much space.

"I know he's made a great case for a significant raise. We've compared numbers with his agent and we're probably a little lower than he wants and he's a little higher than we think."

http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/sp...fd-9055e58b934d

HUDLER'S RETURN

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said he's also confident he'll get a contract done with forward Jiri Hudler.

"Hudler, at some point, will be done," Holland said.

The 25-year-old Hudler will be looking for a raise from the US$1.15 million he made a year ago after posting a career-high 23 goals and 57 points in 82 games.

Hudler filed for arbitration Sunday, which means the restricted free agent cannot receive an offer sheet from another club.

Holland and Hudler's representatives will continue to negotiate with arbitration cases set to be heard July 20 to Aug. 4 in Toronto.

"I've talked to his agent and I think he wants to be in Detroit," Holland said.

"With the cap system, there's only so much space.

"I know he's made a great case for a significant raise. We've compared numbers with his agent and we're probably a little lower than he wants and he's a little higher than we think."

Great news!

It shall and it WILL be done!

But....help me out...

I went to capgeek....21 roster with Abby & Helm pay in orange (& what does the EL stand for?)....if they are 2 way players ... it does or does not count against the cap.....and if not totaling theirs in......that would leave $3,153,791 if I pushed the buttons on my calculator right.....lol!

So couldn't Hudler still get $2.9 (this year pending a long term or 2-3yr contract) and have some room left ( $253, 791).... or am I just now making stuff up b/c I'm tired???? :blush:

Ok...Hudler "greedy"????? And how much did we pull Hossa in for last year which is THE reason for all this crap in the first place...(IMO)......here or not here, his pay (come on as much as Lids?!) was WAY out in left field......even if he did score 40 goals in the regular season....did he say "oh I don't get pd in the playoffs, so what's the point?"

At least Huds tried and you call HIM greedy! Hudler is trying to get something in the ball park of what he believes he should make, obviously filed arbitration because he WANTS to stay....and to at least make the amount the OTHER players of his caliber (and less!) are making.....to me that is NOT in anyway greed! You can not call someone greedy because they feel they deserve a raise.

A player-ANY PLAYER-putting up 57 points is worth at least $3Mil.....Leino was being greedy in the fact of "I don't want to play in GR anymore...I want to be FT Wings player".....there for, having to have a LARGER paycheck to play......right??? Taking money out of the cap.....if he would play another year in GR....it would have a smaller cap hit which would HELP the Wings to afford Hudler.......come on....if you don't have $3Mil for a 57 point scorer that would score more on a line with the more veteran skilled players...then you went wrong somewhere with someone elses pay.....

If you were at a job and you sold more, lets say, telephones than the guy next to you (who is still a little new at his job) and you were due for a raise, would you say "NO...I don't want to be greedy for doing my job and doing it well" especially in this economy....??? No, you'd take the damn raise that you thought you deserved.....

I've tried to stop from getting "erked" on here, but Hudler greedy....don't think so bud!

Hossa called holland about his deal and i wouldnt say Hossa was greedy he turned down 9 year 81 million deal from Edm

And alot of ppl were saying they didnt want hossa if it meant handcuffing us cap wise how is hudler any different

Leino was actually pretty good about staying in GR ive seen Finnish players that wont even finish an AHL season. Finns are notorious for expecting to make the bigs right away and if they dont they go back to Finland

i think they should give Huds what Higgins got a 1 yr deal at 2.25

Hossa called holland about his deal and i wouldnt say Hossa was greedy he turned down 9 year 81 million deal from Edm

And alot of ppl were saying they didnt want hossa if it meant handcuffing us cap wise how is hudler any different

Leino was actually pretty good about staying in GR ive seen Finnish players that wont even finish an AHL season. Finns are notorious for expecting to make the bigs right away and if they dont they go back to Finland

i think they should give Huds what Higgins got a 1 yr deal at 2.25

Opinions are opinions, but yup....

....I'll go with whatever it takes to get him to stay! At least you didn't give some ridiculous amount like "he should stay the same or take a cut!"....lol....I just don't think he's greedy.....Hossa may not have been greedy about the money (although......what he just signed for...but anywho, it was more greed for the cup...(IMO) but that is neither here nor there.....just had to get some agression out...

But as for Hudler handcuffing the Wings capwise...yes & no....I think there was piss-poor planning somwhere along the lines between the end of 07/08-now and that's where it is hurting....I mean....if it was Sammy that was still here....we'd take out Hudler and insert his name (cap wise...NOT SKILL!)...and what if Sammy-Leino-Hudler were all wanting contracts.....there just wouldn't be enough...there still isn't......it's exhausting...Holland needs a vacation for sure after all this without anyone mentioning the words "cap space"! :P

Wouldn't you try to maximize your worth with a few more dollars with what you think is fair at your job? Not everybody is going to want to play for a discount, despite this being the Red Wings.

As for Leino...

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Well I think it would best for everyone if Hudler would sign only 1 year deal. As we all know, after one year there will be cap space to play with. So Huds would get his big raise then - in here or somewhere else. As long as he keeps playing well.

I guess the only other thing we could hope for is Holmstrom retiring? *shrugs* It'd be s***ty to see him go, but he doesn't seem to have much left in his body at this point. Who knows though, he might be fine this year if he can stay healthy. He spent a long time playing hurt and on the disabled list.

Yeah everyone is looking at this as Hudler is the problem... Honestly this is Pro sports and Hudler is the up and coming young guy that it is time to pay and Homer is an aging champion eating cap space... Salary cap leaves little room for loyalty... You might see one of the Red Wings first really hard dumpings this off season...

Don't forget Helm and Abdelkader.

I thought I would try and stay within the inner realms of the imagination :)

Helm and Abdelkader (if he is even on the team) will not get enough minutes to really put up much points.

Leino could see time on the PP and even on the second line, while Ericsson could continue to get nice minutes.

I honestly dont like the Hudler thing. He said he's willing to go over the cap, and if Hudler gets 3-4 million, man, I dont like it. We'll see, but I dont like the sounds of it.

i don't like it either. i would hate to lose hudler but at $3m per year the wings could probably have lilja and moen and still have some money left over. tbh i think i would rather have those 2 - especially come playoff time. the extra cap space would also give the wings a little flexibility to add a player or 2 at the trade deadline.

i don't like it either. i would hate to lose hudler but at $3m per year the wings could probably have lilja and moen and still have some money left over. tbh i think i would rather have those 2 - especially come playoff time. the extra cap space would also give the wings a little flexibility to add a player or 2 at the trade deadline.

I'm going with you guys on this one. I do like Hudler and I also do not think he's reached his potential, BUUT too much $ is too much $.

I still kind of wonder what d-man is going to be traded though. There were a few dark spots in a couple of well-paid d-men's play during the playoffs. I also wonder what a Stuart or Kronwall is worth on the market, and both make plenty esp. Stuart.

Good on Leino tho, need somebody to play in these empty spots and they may as well be young and potentially talented.

To me I'm halfway excited to see the young and potentially talented get a chance.

I'm going with you guys on this one. I do like Hudler and I also do not think he's reached his potential, BUUT too much $ is too much $.

I still kind of wonder what d-man is going to be traded though. There were a few dark spots in a couple of well-paid d-men's play during the playoffs. I also wonder what a Stuart or Kronwall is worth on the market, and both make plenty esp. Stuart.

Good on Leino tho, need somebody to play in these empty spots and they may as well be young and potentially talented.

To me I'm halfway excited to see the young and potentially talented get a chance.

Stuart has an NTC.

trading stuart would make the most sense but he has a NTC so it is not gonna happen.

lebda and meech don't make enough money so the only guys who could be traded are flip, homer, kronwall and lilja. flip and kronwall are better players than hudler so trading them to make room for hudler would be daft. homer won't get traded out of loyalty and so the only guy left is lilja but at $1.25m he is a bargain and the wings badly missed him in the playoffs this year.

so as i said i would like to keep hudler; but i would rather have lilja, a physical 3rd liner and some space for the deadline.

Hopefully Huds will come to his senses and realize he's not worth $3M or more a season. At best, he's worth what Fils is getting paid this season -- $2.5M. I know that Fils salary goes up next season, so if Huds did a 1-yr deal, he could get his raise next year ... after the Wings dump some salary, hopefully after some of the older crew retire. By "older crew," I mean anybody over 36 whose last name isn't "Lidstrom." When Lids retires, it will be the end of an era.

As for talk of trading Stuart, even if he didn't have a NTC, people talking about trading him are crazy. Did any of you watch the playoffs? Stuart was one of the few guys that actually showed up consistently. He's a solid 3-4 guy with Kronner. No way I'd mortgage that to get Huds a bigger contract. Offense gets you into the post-season ... defense wins it.

~ Z

Really....Lilja & Moen....so a guy that's pretty much on the injury list forever and a guy that's not even ours to sign for under $3M w/ money left over .........

Lil $1.25M Moen $900,000 that's $2,150,000..... extra cap space from WHERE?! You're ass??????

According to capgeek...where Leino's pay has changed from 775 to 800 there is only $1,819,347 left w/ Lils included already so -900,000 is $1.25 which still isn't enough forwards right???? IF moen is making $900000 don't you think he may want a raise too......

Would you rather have money left over, or a man the Wings can count on to play f'n hockey?????

I would love to have BOTH....but it's not going to happen...

Hudler filed for arbitration...a trade isn't going to happen...if anything, in the aspect of not signing Huds, he is gone and now there is money to sign crappy players...WOOtothemothf'nHOO...how does that HELP the Wings.....

I get the Holland is getting a young team together.....actually a smart move, since all the other teams seem to be offering veteran players more money....the Wings will have younger players in the NHL ready for when all the other teams are "OLD"....ok, that's all I got.....damn beer.......

Lilja + Moen =/= Hudler.

And seriously, Stuart was our second best defenseman during the playoffs. I don't see Holland moving any of our Top 4 defensive core, they're all amazing. Lilja over Lebda unless he's going to be injured all year. So Meech or Lebda will be traded for a solid sixth or seventh defenseman.

Hudler will (hopefully) resign and we can go out and get a gritty forward with a scoring touch.

I don't think Lilja + Moen =/= Hudler. I think Lilja + Moen > Hudler, but as we know one D-man will be dumped (Lilja or Lebda) so Lilja + Moen =/= Hudler + Lebda. We lost some offensive talent in Hossa and Sammy so it would be IMO better if we would keep Huds and Lebda. If we even have the choice.