• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Herr Hockey

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

Can anyone tell me a little bit about this guy and the time he has spent in the Red Wings' organization? I remember hearing that he came damn close to making the team out of camp in 2005-2006. How is it that he came close to being a Wing in 2005-2006, and he still isn't one? With the setbacks that he has had, do you still see him meeting his projection of being a top 4 guy?

I've made to a few Griffins games the past few years and he is either invisible or the best D- man on the ice. Consistency is probably something that has kept him from cracking the Detroit lineup. He's also known to struggle with turnovers which likely isn't helping either.

Kindl's AHL Stats aren't spectacular, and his plus/minus isn't pretty (in 07- 08 it was -34, which is most likely related to the turnovers).

RedWingsCentral.com isn't working for me right now but if you go to their site they have an excellent scouting report on him.

While he's probably their top d-man prospect right now, he still has some struggles that are red flags if you're a Wings fan. For one, he still struggles with NA forechecking systems and turns the puck over too much. Two, without a doubt he has all the tools, but a questionable 'brain' or hockey sense, which is concerning because I'd say the Wings value hockey sense near the top. You can teach certain things but hockey sense isn't one of them.

As of today, he's still very much a work in progress on the defensive end.

RedWingsCentral.com isn't working for me right now but if you go to their site they have an excellent scouting report on him.

Yeah, it's not working for me either, (I was going to post a link to his bio) I got a 'Server Not Found' message.

If he can improve his game and learn from his mistakes and correct them properly I would hope to see him in the NHL 10/11. No garuntees of course but from what I've learned about him in the past couple weeks. He could potentially be a great prospect for the Wings D or he may be and interesting peice of Trade-bait after next season.

If he can improve his game and learn from his mistakes and correct them properly I would hope to see him in the NHL 10/11. No garuntees of course but from what I've learned about him in the past couple weeks. He could potentially be a great prospect for the Wings D or he may be and interesting peice of Trade-bait after next season.

I think he's got about 30 pro games left until he has to clear waivers to be sent down.

I think Kindl should have been dealt already... when he was worth something. I've never seen a so-called blue chip defensive prospect play such brutal hockey.

While I wouldn't give up on Kindl yet (he's still packed with potential), I am disappointed with his lack of consistency and his inability to mind his defensive game. This coming season will be make or break for Kindl. If he can't pull together a consistent effort without turning the puck over half a dozen times a night his status within the organization will plummet.

The real joke of it is that he's been outplayed at every turn by Ericsson, but prospect rating sites like "Hockey's Future" still rank him as the organization's top prospect and Ericsson about ten spaces lower on their list. Why? Because sites like HF lean heavily on draft order instead of performance. I can't help but laugh when I read their rankings- it's almost like they just put the players in draft order and shuffled them a little bit afterwords.

While I wouldn't give up on Kindl yet (he's still packed with potential), I am disappointed with his lack of consistency and his inability to mind his defensive game. This coming season will be make or break for Kindl. If he can't pull together a consistent effort without turning the puck over half a dozen times a night his status within the organization will plummet.

The real joke of it is that he's been outplayed at every turn by Ericsson, but prospect rating sites like "Hockey's Future" still rank him as the organization's top prospect and Ericsson about ten spaces lower on their list. Why? Because sites like HF lean heavily on draft order instead of performance. I can't help but laugh when I read their rankings- it's almost like they just put the players in draft order and shuffled them a little bit afterwords.

Very accurate post.

Kindl is my favourite prospect, ever since we drafted him I've followed his progress very closely. While he's improved, this really is a huge season for Kindl. He MUST improve his consistency, going from great one night to awful the nextt simply won't cut it. He's got to be the best performed defenceman for the Griffins on a consistent basis. He's got the talent, but it appears the lack of hockey sense sets him back. For an offensive defenceman he really needs to start putting up more points but improving the defence should be the #1 priority.

They really should change their rating criteria. I'm sure you've read their "mid-season" rankings or "end of the year evaluations." Those are jokes as well.

D-men take much longer to develop than forwards. Patience. But then again, I know how people love to throw players under the bus here a la Pavel Datsyuk (and how there was a thread wanting to trade him for Rostislav Olesz.)

I somewhat agree. Kindl has "all the tools." One unfortunate thing with having "all the tools" is that it takes longer to learn when to use a certain 'tool' at the right time. For example, Kindl is still learning how to use his size along with when to use his size versus when to use his skating or in other words, when to play the body versus when to use positioning.

Defense is mostly about will and determination but it's also about being smart and having good hockey sense. Is hockey sense something you can develop? From what I've seen it's more of a "you either have it or you don't" kind of thing.

Keep in mind he's only 22. Ericsson wasn't called up until he was 25 (though in the end that had more to do with a lack of space than with development). He will certainly not be rushed.

Very accurate post.

Kindl is my favourite prospect, ever since we drafted him I've followed his progress very closely. While he's improved, this really is a huge season for Kindl. He MUST improve his consistency, going from great one night to awful the nextt simply won't cut it. He's got to be the best performed defenceman for the Griffins on a consistent basis. He's got the talent, but it appears the lack of hockey sense sets him back. For an offensive defenceman he really needs to start putting up more points but improving the defence should be the #1 priority.

Agreed 100%.

They really should change their rating criteria. I'm sure you've read their "mid-season" rankings or "end of the year evaluations." Those are jokes as well.

Drives me nuts. Red Wings Central is the #1 source for prospect info in my opinion.

Keep in mind he's only 22. Ericsson wasn't called up until he was 25 (though in the end that had more to do with a lack of space than with development). He will certainly not be rushed.

Good point.