• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pokemonbreeder18

Darren Haydar to Colorado

Rate this topic

HERE

According to the Malmo, Sweden-based "Hockey in Swenglish" blog, former Grand Rapids Griffins captain Darren Haydar has spurned offers from the Swedish Eliteserien's MoDo Ornskoldsvik to sign with the Colorado Avalanche.

The report's trail leads from Allehanda.se's Jon Haagqvist to Aftonbladet, whose Daniel Grefve received confirmation that Haydar chose to remain in North America though he and hockey pal Jason Krog, who re-signed with the Atlanta Thrashers, had initially planned to play together in Europe this season.

Haydar was very quietly dissatisfied about the fact that he could never climb the Red Wings' depth chart.

Guest Crymson
I'm not happy about this at all.

Does this somehow suggest that you're blaming the management?

This is great news for Darren! I hope he will finally play full time in the NHL. He deserves it.

I was told by a Griffith fan at a Bulldogs game that Darren is too small of a player and will never get a chance to play in the NHL, albeit having a solid AHL career.

All the best Darren!

good for him, but is it just me or does it feel like the team is kind of failing apart (I know we will have no problem getting it fixed next year) but there is just a lot of loss with not much gain, it's not the lose I was hoping Maltby/Draper/Homer retiring. I guess it could be because we are used to see our kids from the playoffs.

This is great news for Darren! I hope he will finally play full time in the NHL. He deserves it.

I was told by a Griffith fan at a Bulldogs game that Darren is too small of a player and will never get a chance to play in the NHL, albeit having a solid AHL career.

All the best Darren!

I think this will be a Quincey type situation. A player that could be playing in the NHL but the team doesnt need him. Plus now he will be back with Quincey since he got traded to Colorado. It will be fun watching the wings play against them and see how good they are with the big boys!

Wait a minute.... Red Wings fan and Avs fan.... <_<

More like Avalanche fan AND Tomas Holmstrom Fan :)

Plus, my husband is a wings fan so I watch all the games and cheer for them when they're not playing the Avs.

Yes, I am a weirdo :P

Edited by tiff_luvs_homer

I'm not really bothered that he's going to Colorado, though he probably has a better chance cracking Colorado's line-up. I just am a bit concerned about GR, it's nice that our prospects had more experienced guys to look up to, and with Haydar gone and most likely McCarty and Downey too... Though the new signings look interesting.