• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Jeremy Williams & Kris Newberry sign with Wings / GR?

Rate this topic

Fantastic Signings!!! I've been a huge fan of these two, Newbury is a rugged forward with a bit of a scoring touch in the minors, and Williams was a pretty good player during his time in the Leafs and with the Marlies. Excellent work by Kenny here, I'm very surprised Burkie didnt re-sign those two.

If im not mistaken everytime they called this Williams guy up he scored a goal then they sent him back down.

Yes, though he plays absolutely no defense and does not understand the words "back check".

Yes, though he plays absolutely no defense and does not understand the words "back check".

He didn't backcheck in Swift Current when he played there, so why do it with the Marlies?

Newbury used to fight a lot but if Burke doesn't see a point in keeping him on a two-way contract, he must not be very good or frequent at it.

The Jeremy Williams Story

:thumbup:

I'm very excited about this. I bet if you put him and Helm on a line together, they'll get lots of pucks in net. Helm being a fast backchecking, backhecking and hard working forward, stealing pucks to feed Williams, the rest will be history.

looks and sounds good on paper anyhow.

Edited by Snazzy

These guys were both entertaining players when they got called up to the Leafs... I like these signings... it's nice to have Newbury available for a call up if need be he's a spark plug

Newbury's career was thought to be over after this. Only played one game last year because of this.

No one should be too excited about him. Just incase he doesn't turn out to be the same guy he used to.

Newbury's career was thought to be over after this. Only played one game last year because of this.

No one should be too excited about him. Just incase he doesn't turn out to be the same guy he used to.

uhhh that was 3 years ago, he's played 29 NHL games since then

and he's gone pretty much a point per game in the AHL... I think he's OK

Guest E_S_A_D
These guys were both entertaining players when they got called up to the Leafs... I like these signings... it's nice to have Newbury available for a call up if need be he's a spark plug

I like Newberry being signed a lot, he's fun to watch.

Oh, btw, just met Justin Abdelkader at a restaurant in East Lansing. I asked him about taking Sammuelson's spot, he played it cool- 'not necessarily, we'll see'... =)

Williams is a frustrating player. Has a goal-scorers knack...but doesn't do it enough at the NHL level to warrant staying there. Other than that, he doesn't do a damn thing. No backchecking, no playmaking, no toughness.

Newbury is a good minor leaguer. Will pop in goals here and there, but he gets hurt a lot. Good toughness and character.

Guest E_S_A_D
I like Newberry being signed a lot, he's fun to watch.

Oh, btw, just met Justin Abdelkader at a restaurant in East Lansing. I asked him about taking Sammuelson's spot, he played it cool- 'not necessarily, we'll see'... =)

Kinda crazy, talked with Jeff Carter of the Flyers two weeks ago while visiting London, Ontario on Holiday.

williams has promise... remember seeing him shine at times with the marlies.

each time he was called up, he was clutch.

good addition to grand rapids.

He was clutch the first game he was called up for. Disappeared after that.

He's completely useless when he's not scoring and he's not good enough at it to stick in the NHL.

He was clutch the first game he was called up for. Disappeared after that.

He's completely useless when he's not scoring and he's not good enough at it to stick in the NHL.

If there's any hope for more upside to his game, then he's going to the right place. Wings provide the best player development in the league.

Edited by Snazzy