• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Barker signs a 3-year deal with Hawks

Rate this topic

chicago is now over the cap by 562K. I love it. cya later versteeg. I hope signing hossa was worth losing the rookie of the year and 2 of kane, toews or keith. lol suck it hawks fans!

chicago is now over the cap by 562K. I love it. cya later versteeg. I hope signing hossa was worth losing the rookie of the year and 2 of kane, toews or keith. lol suck it hawks fans!

They can still sign Versteeg, and will. TSN reported earlier that they are close to a deal with him.

They can still sign Versteeg, and will. TSN reported earlier that they are close to a deal with him.

Yes they will, but something's got to change between now and October. Someone is going. Campbell? Good luck finding a sucker to take that laughable contract.

Well they are going to have to trade someone before camp ends right now, whatever Versteeg gets is gonna put them in that much more of a hole. They ARE n fact $562,000 OVER the cap right now! Not sure if they'll regret Hossa signing more than they'll regret giving Kopecky $1.2M a year!

Well they are going to have to trade someone before camp ends right now, whatever Versteeg gets is gonna put them in that much more of a hole. They ARE n fact $562,000 OVER the cap right now! Not sure if they'll regret Hossa signing more than they'll regret giving Kopecky $1.2M a year!

Something tells me that Kopecky was part of the sales pitch to Hossa.

Something tells me that Kopecky was part of the sales pitch to Hossa.

Hmmmmmmmmm, who's to say that wasn't the reason he left Detroit? Hossa was ok with the $4.5m but said Kopeky had to be signed too, well Holland tells Hossa he has no intentions of doing that so Hossa goes to where someone will take Kopecky as well...

...in an odd kinda way, if that were the case, I kinda respct Hossa for helping his life-long friend out. Maybe a promise made to each other or maybe Hossa promised Kopecky that he would take care of him...

I thought they had way more cap space than that. Damn you nhlscap.com!

I am so happy that our GM and Owners are competent and wise. The Blackhawks are showing their inexperience at being a good team and keeping that team together for the long haul. Giving this kind of money to a young guy like Barker, while good, is a perfect example of how the cap is going to be completely screwed down the line. Could you see us giving Ericsson, had he been a RFA this season, 3+ million a season right off the bat? HELL NO! And Ericsson would have stayed for much less too. It's not exactly the same, but look at Leino... 775,000 for 2 years. Sure he only played 13 regular season game, but the potential is there and he had 9 points in 13 - that was no fluke.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Hawks dig themselves out of the hole that they have continued to dig deeper and deeper this off-season. They will have to trade more than Sopel if they plan on keeping Versteeg.

Thanks Talon, thanks for continuing the trend of screwing up the cap system for the NHL. Bloated salaries in a s*** economic time = ignorance.

why does everyone keep calling Hossa's offer from Detroit and Chicago 4.5 mil or 5.2mil, he was offered a 6 year 39 mil contract with 4 cheap buyout years from detroit and something like an 8 year deal for 58 mil or so with 4 buyout years...

why does everyone keep calling Hossa's offer from Detroit and Chicago 4.5 mil or 5.2mil, he was offered a 6 year 39 mil contract with 4 cheap buyout years from detroit and something like an 8 year deal for 58 mil or so with 4 buyout years...

The only credible source that I seen was Holland offered Hossa 10 years @ (3.75 million) to 4 million cap hit. Not sure where you are getting your information.

mlive: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...en_red_win.html

&

sportingnews: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/20...s-10-year-offer

The only credible source that I seen was Holland offered Hossa 10 years @ (3.75 million) to 4 million cap hit. Not sure where you are getting your information.

mlive: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...en_red_win.html

&

sportingnews: http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/20...s-10-year-offer

yeah it was going to 6.5 per on front end and 1 mil per the last 4... I can go find a link...

You can call the average of it 4. whatever, it was going to be a 5 or 6 year deal worth around 38-39 mil pure and simple... Chicago signed him to the same type deal except he get around 8 mil ea of the first 4 years and then it drops a bit next few then some buyout years... Detroit offered Hossa 6.5 per for around 6 years and then a very easy buyout after that... Holland didnt offer him 4 mil for this year he offered him like 6.5 mil this year and for a handful more...