• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Joe Sakic announces his retirement

Rate this topic

One of the best leaders in the game! Professional to the nth degree, not like:

..its too bad we are losing leaders like Messier, Yzerman, Sakic and soon Lidstrom and gaining garbage like Cindy. Do you think his dad taught him to act like that on the ice?

Edited by LeftWinger

Not surprised, as many injuries as he's had. It's the end of an era for that franchise, he was an amazing player, always had a grudging respect for him despite the rivalry, and I wish him well. Now, I wonder who will be the next captain of the 'Lanche?

I think even Mario shakes his head when he does things like that!

I saw your post before you edited. You didn't have the picture up yet but I knew it was going to be one of whiny face.

Mario probably isn't shaking his head all that much. He had to do his fair share of embellishment and complaining in order to get the calls.

Here's to a great career. First ballot HOF, without a doubt.

One of the players on the Avs during the rivalry that I not only respected, but actually really liked.

That said. This thread is about Joe Sakic, not Sidney Crosby. Let's keep it on track.

One of the best leaders in the game! Professional to the nth degree, not like:

..its too bad we are losing leaders like Messier, Yzerman, Sakic and soon Lidstrom and gaining garbage like Cindy. Do you think his dad taught him to act like that on the ice?

Seeing as how he lifted the cup in June, I don't think he or Mario care that much about he acts.

Wow, what a shame! He was a great player, a classic, a professional, up there with the greats. We knew he was the last of an era after Stevie retired, and now the moment has come.

Players like Joe Sakic and his kind are why players resent the new crop, and yes I'm talking about Crosby.

Guest mindfly

Shocking and sad news...Sakic will always be one of my all time favourites together with Yzerman...

I'll salute you Sakic, by hanging up your jersey in the rafter in my room ;)

and one of the last reasons to hate colorado goes into that good night...

salut!

those above me have already said what needs said...i merely wish to say goodbye for the record.

Only player on the Avs that I ever liked.

Had nothing but total respect for the guy, even during the days when the Wings and Avs were bitter rivals. It was great for the game of hockey seeing Sakics Avs against Yzermans Wings. I dont think it was possible to dislike either of those two players no matter what team you liked.

Ill miss the guy. Congrats on a amazing career Joe!