• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Joe Sakic announces his retirement

Rate this topic

Yep, great story.

Joe Sakic was really the one Av I couldn't dislike. Maybe because by the time I should have disliked him, I'd seen him play enough (on really s***ty Quebec teams) that I'd really respected his game. He was awesome, he was classy, and he really seemed like an all-around good guy. He had that god damned wrist shot and, like Stevie Y, he lead by example. He was the total package -- absolutely a guy you'd want on your team.

Thanks for the memories Joe.

I'm going to miss him like crazy next year (even though he didn't play much this last season)

He will be missed by many, and I have to agree with the above comments about him being part of a dying breed. Not many guys around like Super Joe anymore. :(

No doubt about it. You can't say anything bad about this guy, except perhaps that he played for the wrong team.

<_<

He won two Cups with the Avs... I realize they aren't the team they once were but Denver was a great place for Super Joe to be. You guys had Yzerman, we had Sakic :)

Just my .02

You will be missed greatly Super Joe!!!

Edited by tiff_luvs_homer

I met Sakic at the Lake Tahoe Celebrity Golf Tourney last year. He was very cool and not stuck up like many of the other players. Class act just doesn't seem like it says enough about the great guy he is.

Much like everyone in this thread, I always respected Joe Sakic. Even at the height of the rivalry, I could never spew the same hate towards him as I did a Forsberg, Deadmarsh, or WAHHH. Enjoy your retirement with your family, and maybe you can find a managerial role in the NHL somehwere. :siren:

Although selfishly I am sort of releived to see this day. I didn't want him to pass Yzerman in several categories. :ph34r:

One 19 on the other;

I was very fortunate to play with and against Joe throughout his amazing career. His humility and the class with which he always conducted himself I greatly admired. He was a great leader and competitor who always played his best hockey at the most important times. Joe possessed one of the quickest and most accurate wrist shots I have witnessed. I believe he retires as one of the greatest clutch players in the history on the NHL.” Ex-Detroit Red Wings superstar Steve Yzerman

EDIT:

Sorry forgot link

Noah Love article

Edited by Opie

I give the guy props man. Total Standup Character. I remember one weekend when I had an early practice on Saturday, the Snowballs (Avs) used to practice at the same facility before us and he stayed around and skated with us at our practice, it was really an awesome experience!

I remember he looked at me kinda funny cause I had on my Red Wings practice jersey... A little awkward.

Edited by NewBelgium1554