• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MadMan Mark

Pronger Signs Extension with Philly

Rate this topic

This is great news! Good riddance, you f***wad.

I will be DVRing EVERY Pens/Flyers game. Hell, that should be on Vs/NBC every chance they can get. Ratings will go through the roof.

The Flyers are going to be one helluva team to watch this year. They're making Anaheim look like Detroit in terms of goonage!

Is anyone else thrilled the Wings won't be seeing Pronger 4 times a year? I'm ecstatic to see him sign an extension with Philly and I'm excited to see Burke turn the Maple Leafs into a carbon copy of what the Ducks were. Hopefully this will be the start of a more physically demanding eastern conference playoffs.

Yeah, and NOW the NHL will move the Wings to the Western Conference. :lol:

I've heard quite a bit about what can and cannot be done, and this is what ESPN reported. Tell me, is it right?

"Pronger will earn $6.5 million this season. The extension will begin in 2010-11. He will make $7.6 million in the first two years, $7.2 million in 2012-13, $7 million in 2013-14, $4 million in 2014-15, and $525,000 in both 2015-16 and 2016-17."

It looks like that means it drops from 4 million to 525,000....

Elliotte Friedman of HNIC and co-hosting Fan590 morning show this week contacted Bill Daly this morning. Daly said even if Pronger retires before his contract expires, his cap figure will remain on the books for the Flyers.

Guest mindfly
Elliotte Friedman of HNIC and co-hosting Fan590 morning show this week contacted Bill Daly this morning. Daly said even if Pronger retires before his contract expires, his cap figure will remain on the books for the Flyers.

I dunno, Pronger turns 35 on october 10th so he wasn't exactly 35 when he signed this contract... but maybe its the year the player turns 35..

if you sign the contract at 35 or older and retires before the contract is up it will still count on the cap... but pronger isn't 35 yet..

The Ducks were philly lite imo, now he has just gone up to the full version 2.0.

Seriously has there ever been one player that epitomizes one teams style of play, like Pronger does Philly, who wasn't brought up through their org.

I mean seriously if you watch Pronger play with a nuetral jersey you would watch and say, wow he must be a Flyer!

I must echo the sentiments that I am very happy he is in the East.

Guest mindfly

I forgot, pronger will play this season with the contract from anaheim, meaning his new contract will be active aat june 30th 2010 meaning he will be more than 35.. so it makes sense now...

Edited by mindfly

I forgot, pronger will play this season with the contract from anaheim, meaning his new contract will be active aat june 30th 2010 meaning he will be more than 35.. so it makes sense now...

I always thought it was the age at signing, hmm learn something new every day!

Philly better disagree he is not 35 yet!

It's pretty black & white that it is when the contract goes into effect, not when the player signs.

hahaha, this could REALLY hurt Phily in the future -- I thought the Draper signing was bad.

Guest mindfly

Yep pronger wasn't a signed by philly as a UFA, he got traded, and he just extended his current contract which will go active next year, when he already turned 35 :)

How the hell could Holmgren miss that?

(5) All Player Salary and Bonuses earned in a League

Year by a Player who is in the second or later year

of a multi-year SPC which was signed when the

Player was age 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to

the League Year in which the SPC is to be

effective), but which Player is not on the Club's

Active Roster, Injured Reserve, Injured Non Roster

or Non Roster, and regardless of whether, or where,

the Player is playing, except to the extent the Player

is playing under his SPC in the minor leagues, in

which case only the Player Salary and Bonuses in

excess of $100,000 shall count towards the

calculation of Averaged Club Salary

And then there is also this:

CBA Article 50.5(f)

(f) Contract Extensions.

(i) An "extension" of an SPC, as such term is used in this Agreement,

shall mean a new SPC entered into between a Club and a Player,

which SPC is to be effective immediately upon the expiration of

the Club and Player's existing SPC. To the extent a Club and

Player enter into a valid contract extension during the final year of

the Player's SPC, the contract extension will be fully enforceable

pursuant to its terms even in the event the Player is injured prior to

the commencement date of the contract extension.

Yep pronger wasn't a signed by philly as a UFA, he got traded, and he just extended his current contract which will go active next year, when he already turned 35 :)

This makes me snicker and laugh a little, I love it, some one tried to pull the Red Wings' tactic of sign a guy forever, and it is failing in lots of places.

Chi with Hossa, he may be great for them, but he hamstrung them against the cap.

Phi, tee hee hee, Pronger unlike Hossa will be on the books unless they trade him, but who will want a 40 year old Pronger.

His D is good don't get me wrong, but his overall D is not as good without the hitting and punishment he delivers, sort of like an old Cheli, his D was good, but without the stick work and elbows, he wasn't the Norris Caliber defender he once was.

This makes me snicker and laugh a little, I love it, some one tried to pull the Red Wings' tactic of sign a guy forever, and it is failing in lots of places.

Chi with Hossa, he may be great for them, but he hamstrung them against the cap.

Phi, tee hee hee, Pronger unlike Hossa will be on the books unless they trade him, but who will want a 40 year old Pronger.

His D is good don't get me wrong, but his overall D is not as good without the hitting and punishment he delivers, sort of like an old Cheli, his D was good, but without the stick work and elbows, he wasn't the Norris Caliber defender he once was.

They are so screwed -- If Pronger retires, gets hit by a bus or is sent to the minors -- they still get a 7 year $5m cap hit.

It's hilarious!

This could be one of the worst contracts yet.

Edited by egroen

They are so screwed -- If Pronger retires, gets hit by a bus or is sent to the minors -- they still get a 7 year $5m cap hit.

It's hilarious!

This could be one of the worst contracts yet.

If he gets hit by the bus and lives, he is on LTIR, but what happens if he dies? Does his contract come off the books then? I did a fast search of the CBA, but the only thing I found about death was the section on life insurance.

If he gets hit by the bus and lives, he is on LTIR, but what happens if he dies? Does his contract come off the books then? I did a fast search of the CBA, but the only thing I found about death was the section on life insurance.

If he dies, his contract stays on the books for the remainder.

It's better for them if he hangs on in a vegetative state and remains on LTIR -- because that way they can replace his contract (by exceeding the cap).

"Don't pull that plug!!!!"

If he dies, his contract stays on the books for the remainder.

It's better for them if he hangs on in a vegetative state and remains on LTIR -- because that way they can replace his contract (by exceeding the cap).

"Don't pull that plug!!!!"

They raise a lot of vegetables in New Jersey. Maybe they could trade him.

Seriously- if a player actually dies, the team still is on the hook for the contract? Wow.

Does this only apply to over-35ers or to all players?

They raise a lot of vegetables in New Jersey. Maybe they could trade him.

Seriously- if a player actually dies, the team still is on the hook for the contract? Wow.

Does this only apply to over-35ers or to all players?

no -- it's only if they sign a multi-year contract that goes into affect *after* the age of 35.

I've heard quite a bit about what can and cannot be done, and this is what ESPN reported. Tell me, is it right?

"Pronger will earn $6.5 million this season. The extension will begin in 2010-11. He will make $7.6 million in the first two years, $7.2 million in 2012-13, $7 million in 2013-14, $4 million in 2014-15, and $525,000 in both 2015-16 and 2016-17."

It looks like that means it drops from 4 million to 525,000....

I've seen in many threads that posters are saying, "You cannot have a contract drop by more than 50% in one year" is that true? Where does this come from?

:rotflmao:

"Hi Sid. I'm Chris Pronger's elbow. Nice to meet you. Let's be friends forever!!!"

I'm not saying I want Sidney to be injured, because I don't. That being said.......if Pronger could just lay him out a couple times, that would be swell. Look at it this way, suddenly Pronger is useful to us!