• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HawksFan4Life

Versteeg resigns with Chicago

Rate this topic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

I didn't want Versteeg resigned. I mean, I did, because I liked him, but I feel we had to dump him in order to preserve cap space.

But we're going for it this year. I want a cup in the worst way. I am more than just a huge Hawks fan, I am someone who truly bleeds the Red, Black, and White. That's an understatement. I am really worried about the future. But for 2009-2010, buckle those seatbelts baby :)!!!

Yeah I know. I'm getting worried. Is Tallon really doing his job? He sits on Khabibulin and Havlat and gets nothing done, but signs all these people. Too bad there is a salary cap in the NHL. If there was no cap I'd be telling you all that we will rule for years to come. However, who knows.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

I didn't want Versteeg resigned. I mean, I did, because I liked him, but I feel we had to dump him in order to preserve cap space.

But we're going for it this year. I want a cup in the worst way. I am more than just a huge Hawks fan, I am someone who truly bleeds the Red, Black, and White. That's an understatement. I am really worried about the future. But for 2009-2010, buckle those seatbelts baby :)!!!

Well hopefully everything works out bureaucratically otherwise... Well, it's hard to make the playoffs when you have to forfeit every regular season game in which the team is over the cap.

Well somebody in Chi-town is on the way out. Wow.

Is that Holy s*** that's a bargain or Holy s*** Tallon is in some deep trouble?

Umm....the latter!! :lol:

Ok, we gotta show Sopel the door. Maybe Burish too. Moving Campbell and Huet is gonna be impossible. Still, the regular season is a few months away, so we don't have any forfeiting to do yet.

Okay, but if you do that how thin are you guys on D?

Wow, didn't think they would sign him. . . now the Hawks sit $4.3M OVER the cap with 24 players signed

OK Hawksfan, who gets let loose, and now how do they make any kind of offers to Keith, Kane, and Toews?

I'm still shaking my head on how this got done.

If Hawks don't make the Cup finals, and I don't believe they will, this will be a lot of money spent and no progress made.

Sopel I find to be useless, because he spent little time with us last season. Burish also I think lost that enforcer role to Ben Eager last season. We have Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Barker, Hjalmarsson, our D will be fine.

Sopel's cap hit is between 2 and 3 million if IRC. What about Burish?

Wow, didn't think they would sign him. . . now the Hawks sit $4.3M OVER the cap with 24 players signed

OK Hawksfan, who gets let loose, and now how do they make any kind of offers to Keith, Kane, and Toews?

I'm still shaking my head on how this got done.

If Hawks don't make the Cup finals, and I don't believe they will, this will be a lot of money spent and no progress made.

Being a Wings fan, you would say that. But, Anaheim got Pronger in 2006 and took off. So, we made huge moves, and I think we can take off too.

Like I said, Burish or Sopel I think need to be let go. We may have to move Sharpie. It sucks, but what can you do.

Can you make contracts in the NHL like you do in NFL? Like average, or ascending/descending?

Yesterday the Hawk fan guy wasn't worried about the cap, and just trusted Tallon. Today he's concerned about the future. I guess he woke up.

Maybe it was a different 'Hawks fan? There are a couple of them that post here. They are actually really good hockey fans and great on the forums here.

Can you make contracts in the NHL like you do in NFL? Like average, or ascending/descending?

The CBA only allows for the average to be used.

They have to find a taker for Campbell or Huet, and I don't buy the idea they'll send Campbell to AHL Siberia for the length of his deal. If they do that, how do they entice another free-agent? It's not good business, to say the least.

Here's how we treat our players, we give them big money and then tell them to f*** off. It doesn't work. This ain't the NFL.

Maybe it was a different 'Hawks fan? There are a couple of them that post here. They are actually really good hockey fans and great on the forums here.

To be honest, I do trust Tallon, hoping that he has the common sense, in my mind true fans have faith in their team and GM, but also I have my concerns, cause this is quite the strategy he is using.

So let's say they're just making all these signings to trade them later on. Of course, other teams will be aware of their situation and will use it to their advantage within trade disparities. I guess something is better than nothing. If they didn't sign these guys, and they become UFAs, they could lose them for nothing right?

It's this guy and I'm sure he's a really good fan. Not trying to bust his nuts. Just pointing out how quickly things can change, that's all.

I don't think they can ascend in the life of a contract or Holland would have taken that into consideration regarding Hossa and the money opening up next year. I had asked the same question about a month ago.

OK, Hawksfan, if cap drops and excess bonus money is applied to next year, how do they sign anyone next year? Even if the cap stays the same, I see this as a one-year shot at the Cup. After that, 2 of 3 previously mentioned players, Kane, Keith, Toews, will be gone elsewhere

They have to find a taker for Campbell or Huet, and I don't buy the idea they'll send Campbell to AHL Siberia for the length of his deal. If they do that, how do they entice another free-agent? It's not good business, to say the least.

Here's how we treat our players, we give them big money and then tell them to f*** off. It doesn't work. This ain't the NFL.

There's always Toronto. If they are the richest team in hockey, and since it's Brian Burke. I think Toronto may take him. We'll gladly take Kaberle.