• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

I like Hudler, but I don't see him ever progressing pass to third line on this team. His size is a major issue and he tends to be very streaky. Whenever we've tried him higher than third line, he flounders because he usually relies on the softer match-up.

Like I said, I like Hudler a lot, and I think I would prefer him disappearing to the KHL instead of having to play against him, BUT if he bolts to the KHL instead of another NHL team, aren't we out not only Hudlers 20+ goals but also our due compensation if another NHL team had just signed him to an offer sheet?

Edited by b.shanafan14

Every time one of these guys does this, whether they end up going over or not, it makes it less and less likely their fellow countrymen get drafted by the NHL.

There is a good chance this is 100% BS, however.

Maybe he misses the rest of the Czechs/Slovaks. He's the last one on the team.

Lang, Dom, Hossa, Koko... even Val has a new Finn to talk to.

That said, I hope if this is true (which I doubt), that he will find happiness there. He's a good guy.

Guest E_S_A_D

lol... this would be perfect for Jiri. Checking is looked at as a sin there.

The Czech news is reporting that Hudler is going to the KHL and will sign with Dynamo Moscow with a press conference later today.

http://hokej.sport.cz/hokej/kontinentalni-...i-do-ruska.html

Weird.

:blink: Didn't see this coming.

I read somewhere that he's expected to get $3 - $4 mil. Yeah, no thanks.

Edit: That's way to much money for a player of Hudler's caliber.

Edited by Scotty

via Hikej.Sport (translated),

From Kuklas Korner:

Czech hockey attacker Jiri Hudler apparently heading to Continental League. Pětadvacetiletý player has agreed a new contract terms with Detroit and, according to unofficial information should still be on Wednesday to sign a new contract with the Moscow dynamo. Hudler called the evening press conference.

continued

added 9:36am, It is my understanding the press conference will be at noon ET. I will try to update when more information becomes available.

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&v...ek&id=44095

This apparently says it is a done deal and he is signed for two years.

Although Hudler can still sign with the Wings and play next year, with no agreements in place between the KHL and NHL, just like Datsyuk did.

Still highly annoying and Hudler goes down in my estimation... just like Datsyuk did (though not for long).

Edited by egroen

What the freaking heck is this?

Surely not? On one hand it's better than losing him to another team and seeing him tear it up but it that did happen at least we would get some compensatory picks.

Hudler??? :ph34r:

Edit: That's way to much money for a player of Hudler's caliber.

i still shake my head and laugh when i think of toronto signing jeff finger for four years at 3.5. that event summed up that team's descent into horribleness. it was like a cry for help.