• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

if that is how one gets their big payday, so be it.

i'm grateful for any efforts by hudler that helped secure a championship but i'm not anxious or really all that concerned about his departure.

moving along... i trust holland and this organization to make the right decisions and respond accordingly.

Reports suggest that Jiri Hudler has signed 'safety contract' with Dynamo Moscow

Posted by George James Malik July 08, 2009 09:11AM

Courtesy of Paul Kukla and HFBoards...

IDNes.cz is reporting that Red Wings forward Jiri Hudler has called an "evening press conference" to state that he's signed a contract with Dynamo Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League.

I would suggest that it is highly likely that this is a "safety contract," designed to give Hudler more leverage in his contract negotiations with Detroit.

update 9:55 AM: Paul Kukla says that the presser will take place at noon EDT.

Update #2 9:57 AM: I'm not one for stirring up stuff, but I can tell you that NO member of the Red Wings' brass has appeared in the stands at prospect camp this morning.

The plus side if he leaves now, you an start looking at whats available and not wait until the arbitration hearing to start making decisions. I hope he doesn't leave but I trust Holland to still put a good team on the ice. I mean they have enough talent to just plug in players. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary, Franzen, Filppula and then have Leino, Helm, Draper, Holmstrom playing their roles.

From Snapshots:

Update 10:08 AM: Per Hokej.cz: Hudler's Czech agent, Pavel Marsoun, says that the deal would last for two years, but he also confirms that negotiations will continue with the Red Wings, but his agent also yapped up the concept that Hudler could spend the next two years in Moscow with a strong Dynamo team and then return to the NHL.

Edited by egroen

Go play in the KHL and Russia's appalling economy then. Leave us with some nice juicy cap space, I wont care.

The last thing this will give Kenny is "Juicy" cap space. If it does come to fruition this will just make things breathable.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I don't appreciate Hudler's tactics. I hope Kenny calls his bluff and lets him walk.

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&v...ek&id=44095

Obviously it's in Czech, but it's the first confirmed link stating that Hudler has in fact signed a 2 year deal in the KHL. Whether its leverage for an NHL contract or he's actually intending on playing in Russia is up for debate. Interesting either way.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

The KHL is sort of a hockey boot camp for a lot of these NHL guys (not the best amenities) - Dynamo is at the high end of the spectrum, however.

This is a "fall back" in case he does not come to an agreement with Holland and he does not like the arbitration results. I tend to think this is not that serious because he has the opportunity to be a free agent if the arbitration does not work out.... at the very least, it looks like he is trying to ensure no one but the Red Wings has a shot at him (in the NHL).