• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&v...ek&id=44095

Obviously it's in Russian, but it's the first confirmed link stating that Hudler has in fact signed a 2 year deal in the KHL. Whether its leverage for an NHL contract or he's actually intending on playing in Russia is up for debate. Interesting either way.

I obviously don't understand how all this stuff works, but if he's signed, doesn't that mean he's gone?

The last thing this will give Kenny is "Juicy" cap space. If it does come to fruition this will just make things breathable.

Exactly. Which with what we've had over the last few seasons is juicy.

Guest mindfly

We have Tatar here in a few years he's like hudler but a better scorer and a bit bigger, hudler can f*** off tbh...

I obviously don't understand how all this stuff works, but if he's signed, doesn't that mean he's gone?

No not necessarily the KHL and NHL have no agreement in place, like ones most of Europe have set up now.

So it's only about the money these days...or friends? Dunno. I thought that Czechs hate Russians.

Political animosities aren't everything and there are other things that play a role too. BTW as far as I know the Finnish have a quite a history with the Russians too, dont they?

According to the cited article, Hudler has been promised to center their first line. This, imho, was much more important for him, although there are other factors: money, distance to Czech Republic, larger rink favors skilled players, ...

It's all gonna boil down to what the Dynamo are gonna pay him. If its $4 million Kenny's gotta let him walk. If its $3, Kenny surely will use the home-town discount leverage and try and ink him for $2.5.

Holland already offered him a deal at 2.5 million a year and Hudler balked at it. Also you have to take into consideration that the KHL pays their players tax free.

read the forums much?

In fact I do. Aproximately 5 years longer than you have, but that's water under the bridge. I just decided to start a conclusive thread about the issue rather than fueling a speculative thread that the information could have been lost in. Some people don't want to sift through 5 pages of speculation and opinions to find out what's actually happened.

Jiri = George

George Hudler that sounds funny.

That is strange since they have people named George in Czech and most Cyrillic (Russia Romania, Slovakia, etc...) speaking countries I thought it was Gerald or Jerry... I am pretty sure Jiri is Gerry or Jerry regardless of your translator program... Czech is a mix of German and Cyrillic...

Holland already offered him a deal at 2.5 million a year and Hudler balked at it. Also you have to take into consideration that the KHL pays their players tax free.

I know that. My comment was in regards to the home-town discount and the familiarity with his teammates.

Sidenote: That's *if* his KHL team decides to pay their players with checks that don't bounce. :P

In fact I do. Aproximately 5 years longer than you have, but that's water under the bridge. I just decided to start a conclusive thread about the issue rather than fueling a speculative thread that the information could have been lost in. Some people don't want to sift through 5 pages of speculation and opinions to find out what's actually happened.

:thumbup:

I don't know what the hell is going on with Hudler. Why the hell would he go to the KHL?

:thumbup:

I don't know what the hell is going on with Hudler. Why the hell would he go to the KHL?

Closer to home for him? No tax on his pay? Easier physically?

I don't know but he must have had his reasons.

it's definitely in Czech and it states tha he did sign the agreement with Dynamo

now talking about Slavic languages and spellings - I'd gladly ask people who don't know

the subject to stop making confusion. Romanians and Slovaks do not use Cyrilic writing.

among European countries Cyrlic is used in: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Serbia,

Macedonia and Moldova. not in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Croatia,

Bosnia, Montenegro or Slovenia, and sure as hell not in Hungary nor in Baltic states.

I'm aware most people in North America have no * clue that some of those countries

even exist and even if they see barely a distinction between them. but you sure bet

they are different and if you're not sure what alphabet is used where - at least put

some effort in opening wikipedia - everything is there if you need it.

where did the "Czech is a mix of German and Cyrillic" came from I've no idea. this is

Slavic nation using Slavic language which does contain foreing words but it's base

is definitely Slavic. moreso that current Czech population consists mostly of peasant

ancestors as Czech noblemen were almost all killed in the 100 year war when they

took Jan Hus side during counterreformation. subsequently, the "higher" Czech

language almost disappeared leaving a peasantal tongue, hence very close to Slavic

roots.

as for the Jiri name - it's George in English, Juraj in Slovak, Jurij (or Yuri as correct

transcription dictates) in Russian, Jerzy in Polish (with "rz" sound similar to French

"g" in "entourage") and there are very similar forms in other Slavic languages.

the same name exists in other language groups, i.e. Jürgen or Jorg (German),

Jorge (Spanish), etc.