• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lidstrom for Norris

Who do we try for next?

Rate this topic

I don't know if he has been picked up over the past day or so - I have kinda been outta the loop. I know his name has been thrown around though - Mark Bell.

I understand his past legal issues but the kid has the potential to be a star. Scoring touch, more then willing to drop em when neccessary and great hockey sense. Unfortunately his off the ice sense has reason to be suspect - but I think that the Wings could really score a diamond here.

Not to mention the leadership from top down in the Wings organization that would help keep Bell in check. I just think that this could be a huge addition to the Wings - and for cheap.

I don't know if he has been picked up over the past day or so - I have kinda been outta the loop. I know his name has been thrown around though - Mark Bell.

I understand his past legal issues but the kid has the potential to be a star. Scoring touch, more then willing to drop em when neccessary and great hockey sense. Unfortunately his off the ice sense has reason to be suspect - but I think that the Wings could really score a diamond here.

Not to mention the leadership from top down in the Wings organization that would help keep Bell in check. I just think that this could be a huge addition to the Wings - and for cheap.

I would be OK with Bell!! How much did he make last year??????????

I would be OK with Bell!! How much did he make last year??????????

He made 2.5 million last season - or rather, he would have, had he not spent the better part of the season in the minors.

Travis Moen - 4th Line Pressense, Will Scrap, Rather Good Skill Level

Mark Bell - 4th Line Pressense, Gritty, Edge, Big Hitter.

Dean McCammond - Has wheels, Good 3rd/4th liner

Andre Roy - Total Nutjob, Great Enforcer.

Brian McGrattan - Best Enforcer left on the market. Top 3 Heavyweight.

:thumbup:

I would love to see Tanguay come to Motown. I know Kenny has said that we will trade a D man after camp so if its Lil's than that gives us an extra bit on $ to play with. Give him a 2 yr contact, the second year more lucrative...2yrs, 6.5.

If that wont work, Id like to see Moen or Kotelik.

No Sammy, No Huds, No Hossa....we need some goals here!

I would take any of these. If Abs is going to be playing in Det, it needs to be with the third line. Therefore, the Wings need a 4th liner who can be physical (hit and drop them) and responsible defensively.

Its official. Juri Hudler has agreed to a 1 year, $2 million contract with Dynamo Moscow of the KHL.

So who do we try and sign to fill the hole?? possibly Alex Tanguay ;)

Or do we try and make a trade?

Tanguay??? uhhhh yeah, no way we will get him without having to make a trade, and with the injuries he has had the past few years, there is no logic to trading away someone to sign him... no thanks

OK so there seems to be a lot of panic on this fom about not signing players to deals and losing players...Yes it sucks but we are very deep and in GR we have some talent that is ready to make the jump and could be tradable at the deadline if need be. This is how things will work for the wings and most other teams wanting to hold on to a their 5 or so big name players. Teams will fill the third and fourth lines with young talent or older cheap vets this is a salary cap folks it's not the end of the world.

The wings will be godd because they will have youth and enthusiasm pushing the vets on the team and i for one love it. they just have to make sure they hit everything thatr moves even if it's their own players...

Tanguay??? uhhhh yeah, no way we will get him without having to make a trade, and with the injuries he has had the past few years, there is no logic to trading away someone to sign him... no thanks

Holland already said he plans on trading a defensman.

I would love to see Tanguay come to Motown. I know Kenny has said that we will trade a D man after camp so if its Lil's than that gives us an extra bit on $ to play with. Give him a 2 yr contact, the second year more lucrative...2yrs, 6.5.

If that wont work, Id like to see Moen or Kotelik.

No Sammy, No Huds, No Hossa....we need some goals here!

I think the golas will be replaced buy Cleary who will now be a top 6 forward and Fil. Think about who we had when the cup was won in 08 there was no Hossa and Huds was a fourth liner and sammy was sammy and we scored way more because of Pav and Z playing on the same line they are magic together.

Peter Sykor could be a cheaper answer for some goal scoring.

Edited by goredwings

Bell was picked up off waivers by new york this year, his career is in teh gutter right now.. if we really wanted to add some bottom line guys with an edge i'm guessing we could sign bell to a very low contract possibly league minimum, he would probably be happy with just getting a chance.

With a low cap hit on bell we might still have the space to sign moen..... moen helm and bell would be a hell of a 3rd line, responsible defencively, chip in the odd goal and hammer the opposition

Holland should go after nobody. We should fill holes with AHL guys (let them get some experience) and wait for the trade deadline and trade a defensemen. The best deals are usually had at trade deadline... we just need the cap space to afford it. Without Hudler and moving one D-man, we'll be in great shape.

OK so there seems to be a lot of panic on this fom about not signing players to deals and losing players...Yes it sucks but we are very deep and in GR we have some talent that is ready to make the jump and could be tradable at the deadline if need be. This is how things will work for the wings and most other teams wanting to hold on to a their 5 or so big name players. Teams will fill the third and fourth lines with young talent or older cheap vets this is a salary cap folks it's not the end of the world.

The wings will be godd because they will have youth and enthusiasm pushing the vets on the team and i for one love it. they just have to make sure they hit everything thatr moves even if it's their own players...

Yeah I don't understand all the panic. Yeah it sucks these guys have left but this team is still very good. Zetterberg(selke finalist in 08 plus the conn smyth), Datsyuk(last 2 selkes and a hart nominee), Franzen, Cleary and Filppula along with Helm, Leino and Draper. Not a bad team. If you can find a couple cheap free agents or you bring up a young guy you are a very good team. yeah they lose offense for sure but there is still plenty there. And the people throwing Holland under the bus christ chill out. Every year I hear the same things about him and yet the 4 years after the lockout the worst they finished in the whole league was 3rd and the worst playoff was in 06, since then they have gotten to at least the 3rd round and yet people think he's doing nothing because these guys have left. I would love to hear how he stops any of them from leaving. This isn't NHL 09 here. Holland will the fill the holes in the roster somehow and will take his time and see what fits and at what price. It's not as easy as some people in here think.

Don't sign anyone, at least not anyone for more than around 1 mil a year. I wanna see what the younger guys have with steady playing time. If it isn't working out we can be a trade deadline buyer. I'm looking forward to next season, it's gunna be interesting.

All you guys saying Leino is Huds replacement are living a pipe dream. You expect a guy who had 15 goals in 57 games in GR to miraculously score 25 in his first NHL season? Give me a break.

Guest mindfly

Seriously, who's out there who can put up 25-30goals in a wings uniform? cause we obviously need goalscorers, we lost 80goals in hossa, samuelsson and hudler...

Tanguay... bla french canadian players, also injury prone etc.. gimme a break

And when the wings play like crap and the trade deadline is too late to make a playoff push?

stranger things have happened.. we lost a s*** TON of goal producing.. our D will not suddenly be exponentially better.

Edited by ilmickeyli

Bell was picked up off waivers by new york this year, his career is in teh gutter right now.. if we really wanted to add some bottom line guys with an edge i'm guessing we could sign bell to a very low contract possibly league minimum, he would probably be happy with just getting a chance.

With a low cap hit on bell we might still have the space to sign moen..... moen helm and bell would be a hell of a 3rd line, responsible defencively, chip in the odd goal and hammer the opposition

He would be another feel good Cleary type story.

Bell has the skill, he has the size, he has the toughness. It's just he needs a team that will give him the chance to make or break his career. I think it's a long shot for Detroit to take a look at Bell, But i wholeheartedly hope they do, Bell isn't going to fight the way Drake did 2 years ago or Downey did, But he'll be able to fill Drakes roll as the player who will deliver retribution with a devestating hit.

I really want Roy btw.

Very cheap FAs (who can hit, play defense, score, or ideally all three) include.

-Ville Peltonen, had a cap hit of 1.2 million. Can put up double digits in goals, though he's quite old. Then again, playing on Florida isn't going to do wonders for offense. Isn't big or a great hitter, but has guts (see fight against Artyukhin).

-Blair Betts, cap hit of 615k. Sound defensively.

-Manny Malhotra, cap hit of 1.2 million.

-Taylor Pyatt, 1.575 million. Had a 23-goal season in 06-07.

-Richard Zednik, 1.625 million. Had 17 goals in 70 games last year (in Florida).

-Joel Lundqvist, 725k. Henrik's twin brother. Could maybe play in goal if Howard plan falls through.

Etc.

I tried to find people who haven't been mentioned. I'm not saying I like them all, but I figured I'd put them out and see what people think.

Zednik already signed overseas...