• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lidstrom for Norris

Who do we try for next?

Rate this topic

Holland should go after nobody. We should fill holes with AHL guys (let them get some experience) and wait for the trade deadline and trade a defensemen. The best deals are usually had at trade deadline... we just need the cap space to afford it. Without Hudler and moving one D-man, we'll be in great shape.

LOL. We lost Huds, Sammy, Kop (dont give a s*** about him), and Hossa and you think we should just replace them with inexperienced GR guys. In fact, why not just replace the whole team with GR guys? They're younger right? They'll easily make up for all the goals we've lost right? You-Are-Nuts.

Guest mindfly

One this is for sure, if holland can't sign atleast 1 quality player who can rack up points, zetterberg and datsyuk will have to play their ass off every single game weather they like/want to or not... they will have to play all situations even more than previous season... here's to another playoff where the star players are dead tired!

I'd almost want to gamble on a guy like Afinogenov. He's coming off 2 s***ty seasons in Buffalo, so he can't be asking for too much money, but he has the potential to be a Hudler like player and possibly even better if surrounded with the right players. He had back to back 20 goal season in 06 and 07, along with 61 pts in 56 games in 07 and was a +19. He'll also turn 30 in September, so he still should be in his prime, and at 6 feet, 190, he'll be a bigger body than Hudler for sure.

His last contract had a cap hit of 3.3 mil, so maybe they can talk him into a one year "try out" kind of deal to redeem himself at like 2.3 mil. Then if he responds well, we can afford to pay him 3.5 or whatever next year and sign him long term.

I'd almost want to gamble on a guy like Afinogenov. He's coming off 2 s***ty seasons in Buffalo, so he can't be asking for too much money, but he has the potential to be a Hudler like player and possibly even better if surrounded with the right players. He had back to back 20 goal season in 06 and 07, along with 61 pts in 56 games in 07 and was a +19. He'll also turn 30 in September, so he still should be in his prime, and at 6 feet, 190, he'll be a bigger body than Hudler for sure.

His last contract had a cap hit of 3.3 mil, so maybe they can talk him into a one year "try out" kind of deal to redeem himself at like 2.3 mil. Then if he responds well, we can afford to pay him 3.5 or whatever next year and sign him long term.

If the price is right (less than 1.5mil) it would be worth a shot for a 1-2 year deal... but I think that's very doubftul

Edited by Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

LOL. We lost Huds, Sammy, Kop (dont give a s*** about him), and Hossa and you think we should just replace them with inexperienced GR guys. In fact, why not just replace the whole team with GR guys? They're younger right? They'll easily make up for all the goals we've lost right? You-Are-Nuts.

Now I know why you always get your ass beat when you go to hockey games.. Nobody likes you.

Lets let just lose some of our AHL guys like we did Quincey. You-Are-Nuts. btw, who are you going to sign (with our little cap) that can score 40 goals? (making up Hudler and Sammy's loss in goals) -- That's right, nobody. So guess what squirt, there is more to hockey than just scoring goals. There's this phrase that you should learn, it'll help teach you a little hockey knowledge too, though you seem helpless... "Defense wins championships" -- and Wings will be the top 3 in the league in Defense.

You're not only a *****, you're ignorant.

Bell has the skill, he has the size, he has the toughness. It's just he needs a team that will give him the chance to make or break his career. I think it's a long shot for Detroit to take a look at Bell, But i wholeheartedly hope they do, Bell isn't going to fight the way Drake did 2 years ago or Downey did, But he'll be able to fill Drakes roll as the player who will deliver retribution with a devestating hit.

I really want Roy btw.

Really? I think Bell has the ability to fight better then Drake. He's much bigger at 6'4" and isnt scared to go with some of the smaller heavies. I'll agree he is no Downey when it comes to throwing down though.

What an awful off-season.

How is this Awful?

Hossa - rental player

Kopecky - terrible

Conklin - no future with team

samuelsson - streaky, wanted more money than his worth

Hudler - would be a loss, but would be able to find a suitable replacement via free agency

Trust me, the sky isn't falling.

******* a they just keep picking apart the Wings, are we going to do anything to replace them, or are we slowly moving into the mediocrity department?

please see my "the sky isn't falling" reply on page 4 of this post

Guest Hatethedrake!

It will be interesting to see how Kenny responds. Does he go after a couple of grinders for the 3rd/4th line? Or does he try and trade for a goal scorer? Which dman does he trade to get some more Cap space...Lilja, Lebda or Meech? Maybe he signs some dirt cheap forwards and keeps the Cap space and tries to make a trade for Kovalchuk at the trade deadline? Kenny has some options here.

Kotalik is ******* GARBAGE. There's a reason people here in Buffalo rejoiced when he was traded and, coincidentally, has NOT been offered a contract to stay in Edmonton.

Mark Bell? Are you ******* kidding me? He's finished.

You people suggesting these two are out of your freaking minds. KNOCK IT OFF!

Afinogenov - Ahhhh, that's not a bad idea either. Lots of speed, decent shot, lots to prove. Maybe he's our Cleary 2.0

I'll kill you.

Seriously.

Kotalik is ******* GARBAGE. There's a reason people here in Buffalo rejoiced when he was traded and, coincidentally, has NOT been offered a contract to stay in Edmonton.

Mark Bell? Are you ******* kidding me? He's finished.

You people suggesting these two are out of your freaking minds. KNOCK IT OFF!

I'm not saying Mark Bell is our saviour or anything like that. He obviously won't replace the goal scoring we lost with hudler if he goes but it would be nice to have a guy like that. And who knows on the wings he could turn into a force and surprise some people.

Does it really F'N matter.....Holland is already signing defencmen instead of trying to get the forward situation fixed and he's still going to trade a defencemen...???? Has anyone taken Holland to the ER to check for dementia?!..........

......I'm just sayin'........

Now I know why you always get your ass beat when you go to hockey games.. Nobody likes you.

Lets let just lose some of our AHL guys like we did Quincey. You-Are-Nuts. btw, who are you going to sign (with our little cap) that can score 40 goals? (making up Hudler and Sammy's loss in goals) -- That's right, nobody. So guess what squirt, there is more to hockey than just scoring goals. There's this phrase that you should learn, it'll help teach you a little hockey knowledge too, though you seem helpless... "Defense wins championships" -- and Wings will be the top 3 in the league in Defense.

You're not only a *****, you're ignorant.

Haha, someone obviously got majorly butt hurt from my posting. Are you finished or would you like to cry some more? Ahl guys aren't going to make up for the amount of goals we have lost. Also, you're obviously a bandwagon 12 year old who started watching when the playoffs began, (backed up by your reg. date) cause if you watched the wings at all during the regular season, you'd kno our defense was absolute s*** and its not gonna miraculously be the best defense in the league the following season. I agree its gonna be hard to make up the lost goals, but assuming all our AHL guys will make up for it, well, THAT'S ignorant. Get a clue moron. Anyway, move along now kiddo, leave the talking to the adults.

Lol, and now I ALWAYS get in fights at hockey games huh? I guess you determined that based on, oh, one bad experience I had in Anaheim? You truly are a moron. Oh and dude, let me know how you fair on a 1 on 5 situation. I guarantee it'd be a lot worse than me.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Does it really F'N matter.....Holland is already signing defencmen instead of trying to get the forward situation fixed and he's still going to trade a defencemen...???? Has anyone taken Holland to the ER to check for dementia?!..........

......I'm just sayin'........

Holland is signing defensemen for GRAND RAPIDS and DEPTH. Not for the NHL roster.

And when the wings play like crap and the trade deadline is too late to make a playoff push?

stranger things have happened.. we lost a s*** TON of goal producing.. our D will not suddenly be exponentially better.

Trade deadline acquisition or not, this team will not struggle to make the playoffs. The Wings will have home ice in the first round and i am confident that we can win the division with the team we have right now. Plus our D doesn't need to be "exponentially" better, they just need to be a bit better.