• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWings91

What about Afinogenov?

Rate this topic

I know he wasn't loved by Ruff in Buffalo. But the guy had a lot of fans. In my opinion he'll fit right into the Detroit system. The guy is a amazing skater and handles the puck really well. His defensive play may be suspect. But I don't believe that is anything Babs can't fix or at least work with. What do you guys think?

actually I might have been wrong. I thought I heard he was traded there a couple weeks back but I can't find anything to confirm that..

Guest Crymson

He's lazy. He has not had a good season in a long time, and he has a hideous work ethic.

Not a good option.

I wouldn't mind Afinogenov, definitely not my #1 opinion but if we are gonna go for a Euro that can score I think he'd be a good signing. He's fast, exciting to watch, and he actually plays with a bit of an edge at times. If we could get him cheap it could be worth it, potential Russian line mate for Datsyuk.

Why do so many people want us to sign Donkey boy?

He's the epitome of someone who is lazy and sucks. He doesn't play defense, he isn't physical, he doesn't have much confidence lately in his skill, and he can't fight. What does this guy have except speed and puckhandling, which obviously haven't been enough to give him more playing time?

He might have a blast playing with some of the guys here.. Might bring him into his old form again?

At this stage in the game, if we need someone to play for us.. Would Holland go after him?

Id take a chance as long as the price tag was right...

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. If you watch this guy. When he pursues a puck he can be relentless and he can be a feisty guy. His effort admittedly is inconsistent but surround him with fellow Russian Datsyuk and a leader like Lidstrom. I think this guy's a winner. He is the same size as Huds but way more solid with the puck.

I wouldn't mind Afinogenov, definitely not my #1 opinion but if we are gonna go for a Euro that can score I think he'd be a good signing. He's fast, exciting to watch, and he actually plays with a bit of an edge at times. If we could get him cheap it could be worth it, potential Russian line mate for Datsyuk.

He's the epitome of someone who is lazy and sucks. He doesn't play defense, he isn't physical, he doesn't have much confidence lately in his skill, and he can't fight. What does this guy have except speed and puckhandling, which obviously haven't been enough to give him more playing time?

He has great chemistry with Datsyuk.

I'd love to have him here.

Because if he had even a quarter of those missing attributes (that we admittedly love) he would cost three times as much, IE. way more than the Wings can afford. I wouldn't mind a risk on someone like this, whom at least has the potential to make up a good chunk of the 200+ points we have lost from last year.

I've kind of been curious about Afinogenov as well. I think he could help our team out in regards to having a high level of speed and increasing the pressure of our forecheck as well as maintaining pressure in the opposing zone with his stickhandling, allowing us to set up in front of the net. He'd probably come fairly cheap too. I'm all for it.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. If you watch this guy. When he pursues a puck he can be relentless and he can be a feisty guy. His effort admittedly is inconsistent but surround him with fellow Russian Datsyuk and a leader like Lidstrom. I think this guy's a winner. He is the same size as Huds but way more solid with the puck.

Afineganov is actually a little bigger than Huds, about 2 inches and 10 lbs more. so thats another positive

As a Sabres fan living near Pittsburgh I didn't get to see Max on a regular basis but in the playoffs: Great speed, OK handle, but no finish whatsoever. So frustrating to watch him fly around shakin and bakin but no goals! lol. Had a great playoff on my NHL09 season though. That said,I would love to see him come to Detroit and blow up.

he's exactly the type of player i expect we need. But i'm not ken holland and from what holland has said in the media, he's not the type of player on our radar. We're looking at a third line grinder (like a mike grier, but not mike grier, follow?)

If no one signs him he's KHL bait, or possibly a training camp tryout.

Bargain basement and I'd be willing to try it. Babs could whip him into shape and you can bet that Pasha would have a few choice words for him when he starts dragging ass and copping an attitude. Say $750K and I'm in.

He's lazy. He has not had a good season in a long time, and he has a hideous work ethic.

Not a good option.

I see what you did there,

Translation of Crymson's post:

He is lazy and

wait for it....

wait for it.....

SUCKS! ©

Problem with him is that he has 2 choices...

1. Take a drastic paycut with an NHL team and try to get back to the numbers he had 2 years ago...

or

2. Sign for truckloads of tax free money in the KHL...

You decide!

Listening to some of the post-game comments of Coach Ruff on the Sabres radio broadcasts, even he didn't know which "Max" was going to show up for the game. In one game, Coach Ruff played him early on, then sat him in the second period for the rest of the game. After the game, I thought Lindy was going to use the line from the bus stop scene in "Forrest Gump". And Coach Ruff got really good at what to look for from Afinogenov. He plays in the zone of "SMT"... "Standard Max Time". Bottom line: if Max isn't on the ice, look for him in the middle of the bench.