• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

What about Dan Hinote?

Rate this topic

Interesting idea. My main beef is that he has never played a full NHL season, or even gotten close to doing so. I'd take a guy with a bit more durability if possible.

mehh I've thought about Hinote too but I just don't see Maltby-Draper-Hinote being effective enough.. I'd rather get some younger legs and someone who can chip in more than him

mehh I've thought about Hinote too but I just don't see Maltby-Draper-Hinote being effective enough.. I'd rather get some younger legs and someone who can chip in more than him

he just heavily reminds me of a Dallas Drake type of guy...

Interesting idea. My main beef is that he has never played a full NHL season, or even gotten close to doing so. I'd take a guy with a bit more durability if possible.

I agree, he has had injury problems pretty much his whole NHL career.

But, you gotta love the first hockey player drafted out of West Point, Hoohah!

I would put him on the 3rd line with Helm and Cleary, that would be a heck of a crash line.

I agree, he has had injury problems pretty much his whole NHL career.

But, you gotta love the first hockey player drafted out of West Point, Hoohah!

I would put him on the 3rd line with Helm and Cleary, that would be a heck of a crash line.

maybe worth taking a flier on? maybe even on a 1 year deal if we can convince him to take it and then bring him back if it works...

Ya, but have you ever seen his wife?!!!!??? WHoa!! She is Jenny McCarthy's sister, Amy and she is Smokin!

if moen is off the table then why not? it couldnt hurt at the worst he provides a little grit and doesnt contribute any points. At least he would provide some grit which is more then maltby or draper do at this point.

What about finding a guy that plays like this guy:

Ya I know, Wings won without someone like that, BUT on a financial point fo view, this kind of play and players sticking up for theor teammates puts a$$ess in the seats (and note the dollar signs, it puts that in the pocket of Ilitch too!)

Yay, the crowd didn't like that punch! Geez! Where can we find another guy like this. I was never a huge Lapointe fan, but in my opinion I wish the Wings could've kept him over McCarty. When he left for the bucks, he was never the same!

Edited by LeftWinger

Ya I know, Wings won without someone like that, BUT on a financial point fo view, this kind of play and players sticking up for theor teammates puts a$$ess in the seats (and note the dollar signs, it puts that in the pocket of Ilitch too!)

good ol Marty

i miss him

good ol Marty

i miss him

pound for pound, the toughest guy on that team! ANother one of the RARE first round picks for Detroit, Hmmmm, wonder how that leafs guy that did the blog on Detroit drafting feels about the Detroits 1991 first round?

Edited by LeftWinger

Yay, the crowd didn't like that punch! Geez! Where can we find another guy like this. I was never a huge Lapointe fan, but in my opinion I wish the Wings could've kept him over McCarty. When he left for the bucks, he was never the same!

Man Marty was a stud, I would love to have a circa Lapointe type player on this team.

These guys are rare. I remember that he was pegged to be the next Captain here after YZerman, then Boston came around! Damn you Boston! I think if he stayed in Detroit, he may still be playing! Hell they gave McCarty another shot, how bout Marty? He could be your $500,000 player! (I jest, I Jest!) :P

Lapointe - DMac - Shanahan - Kocur - that was sweet...

Lapointe - DMac - Shanahan - Kocur - that was sweet...

Add yourself a number of skilled players and a couple of tough D-men like Ward and Vladdy and you got yourself a Stanley Cup. That team was tough to play against.