• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Wake up Kenny

Rate this topic

So why did we lose game 7 at home? We had the same team (with the cup win and experience) from 2008, plus two players (1 who didn't play in the finals) and lost to a team with... what... 5 cups combined? Apparently, we didn't know how to win. And we didn't need more.

we lost because of alot of things.. complacency, malkin not getting suspended, bad bounces and some injuries. We also had a playoff cancer in hossa instead of our gritty vet who wanted a cup and brought energy. Honestly Hossa only took up ice time i wouldve rather seen helm out there or abby

So why did we lose game 7 at home? We had the same team (with the cup win and experience) from 2008, plus two players (1 who didn't play in the finals) and lost to a team with... what... 5 cups combined? Apparently, we didn't know how to win. And we didn't need more.

dude just shut up that makes no sense... did I say more cups automatically equals wins? no.. but do you want someone who's never been tested in the playoffs before, or someone who's been there, battled, won, and played above their game? you take the sure bet

First off, my lunchbox is in a stable relationship.

Second, nobody is claiming he's going to be the guy to replace the scoring. He's A need is what we're saying. A shutdown 3rd/4th line guy who can match up with the young, energetic grind lines that seem to give us trouble. Strong PK skills. Is he going to eat away at the offense lost, no. But he still fits a need that has to be addressed.

I respect that, but people really have to look at this realistically. A guy like Moen really isn't that necessary on our team. Darren Helm and Abdelkader are both excellent checking forwards and at least one of them will be with our big club all season next year - that's plenty of energy right there. Leino should prove to be a capable replacement for Hudler, if nothing else a better skater and worker down along the boards. There's some more energy. Basically, a lot of our needs can be replenished through the system - sans Hossa, who is simply irreplaceable at this point. We can make due, and having a guy like Moen isn't going to change things a whole lot one way or another.

It just seems to be the same old song with Wings fans - whenever the team loses, everybody jumps off the and loses their s*** and calls for more "grit" and a "fighter." Of course, Holland's too smart to waste 12-14 minutes a game on a guy who can't skate or just fights, and we keep winning a lot of games, and the team keeps going. I expect the same result this season.

I respect that, but people really have to look at this realistically. A guy like Moen really isn't that necessary on our team. Darren Helm and Abdelkader are both excellent checking forwards and at least one of them will be with our big club all season next year - that's plenty of energy right there. Leino should prove to be a capable replacement for Hudler, if nothing else a better skater and worker down along the boards. There's some more energy. Basically, a lot of our needs can be replenished through the system - sans Hossa, who is simply irreplaceable at this point. We can make due, and having a guy like Moen isn't going to change things a whole lot one way or another.

It just seems to be the same old song with Wings fans - whenever the team loses, everybody jumps off the and loses their s*** and calls for more "grit" and a "fighter." Of course, Holland's too smart to waste 12-14 minutes a game on a guy who can't skate or just fights, and we keep winning a lot of games, and the team keeps going. I expect the same result this season.

Moen isnt a fighter that can't skate, he plays 12-14 minutes, hell I wouldnt even call him a fighter I would call him a gritty, great on the penalty killing forward who is willing to fight but isnt some meat head that goes looking for it all the time. He's exactly what this team needs, PK help and toughness help while playing a regular shift I don't see why people wouldnt wanna sign him

Moen isnt a fighter that can't skate, he plays 12-14 minutes, hell I wouldnt even call him a fighter I would call him a gritty, great on the penalty killing forward who is willing to fight but isnt some meat head that goes looking for it all the time. He's exactly what this team needs, PK help and toughness help while playing a regular shift I don't see why people wouldnt wanna sign him

Thanks!