• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Jason Williams?

Rate this topic

What do you guys think about bringing back Jason Williams? He had 19 goals and 28 assists last year with Atlanta and Columbus. He also played the point on the PP in Columbus which could make him a replacement for Samuelsson on the second unit.

What do you guys think about bringing back Jason Williams? He had 19 goals and 28 assists last year with Atlanta and Columbus. He also played the point on the PP in Columbus which could make him a replacement for Samuelsson on the second unit.

please no... i think ericcson with that booming slapshot should get time on that pp this year with logo hunter gone.

Nah, Bertuzzi, Lang and Calder are all higher on my list of "Old Red Wings" free agents, I'd rather bring back Schnieder then frickin J Willy!

I was hoping we'd reunite that Matt Ellis-Josh Langfeld-Matt Hussey line of 2007.

please no... i think ericcson with that booming slapshot should get time on that pp this year with logo hunter gone.

Agreed.

I was happy to see Williams leave town. After his concussion from that huge hit he was too meek and hesitant out there.

I bet its gonna be someone like Mike Peca.... He fits Hollands desxription of what he wants to sign.

1. 4th line grinder

2. abrasvie Dallas Drake type (not quite the fights, but with the checking)

3. Hungry for a Cup (I think he hasn't won yet)

4. 1 year and done UFA for $1.2m or less

5. Veteren LEader with playoff experience

6. Good lockeroom, team player

He's gone from crappy team to crappy team the last few years (maybe there's a reason for that) BUT put him on a ligit contender, he may just look better. I just believe this guy fits Hollands bill better because he isn't gonna ask for too much, he would feinately take the 1 year, last try contract (Moen would probably want a multi year deal) and that is usually what Holland looks for, especially if Hudler may come back next year. I still would like to Moen here, but I think Peca wouldn't be the typical Holland UFA signing. We don't need a top 6 forward (can't afford it anyway) and our 3rd and 4th lines just need some scrappy, hard nosed, blue collar players.

I bet its gonna be someone like Mike Peca.... He fits Hollands desxription of what he wants to sign.

1. 4th line grinder

2. abrasvie Dallas Drake type (not quite the fights, but with the checking)

3. Hungry for a Cup (I think he hasn't won yet)

4. 1 year and done UFA for $1.2m or less

5. Veteren LEader with playoff experience

6. Good lockeroom, team player

He's gone from crappy team to crappy team the last few years (maybe there's a reason for that) BUT put him on a ligit contender, he may just look better. I just believe this guy fits Hollands bill better because he isn't gonna ask for too much, he would feinately take the 1 year, last try contract (Moen would probably want a multi year deal) and that is usually what Holland looks for, especially if Hudler may come back next year. I still would like to Moen here, but I think Peca wouldn't be the typical Holland UFA signing. We don't need a top 6 forward (can't afford it anyway) and our 3rd and 4th lines just need some scrappy, hard nosed, blue collar players.

I'm still not opposed to going to camp as is and dealing with it later, but Peca and Pyatt are two players I could get behind signing, although that would throw the rest of the cap space away.

I'm still not opposed to going to camp as is and dealing with it later, but Peca and Pyatt are two players I could get behind signing, although that would throw the rest of the cap space away.

I kind of want to wait until camp, too, but then again I do feel the need to sign at least one player just to make sure we're not hurting too bad from lack of depth. You know, grab a decent player while they're out there.

no way in hell would I want Williams back, there is a reason he was traded in the 1st place. He plays way to soft and has absolutely no defensive skills. Oh yeah and he was horrible running the PP.

newfy..."logo hunter"

That's GREAT! I was so happy to see Sammy go. And, as far as this topic, no to Willy. He was here and didn't prove his worth so he's gone. Don't bring him back. Nice guy, but he just doesn't fit in. I also like the idea of Big E taking his place on the PP.

I was hoping we'd reunite that Matt Ellis-Josh Langfeld-Matt Hussey line of 2007.

Haha, what a great line, their offensive zone pressure consisted of battling for the puck along the boards, then turning it over.

Go to bed! No dessert for you, either!

Where's the luv for J Dubb? Not here fo sho, just say no to that signing. One of my least favorite players that have ever played for the Wings.

I'd like the Red Wings to re-sign Williams just to piss people off in here. :D

I think that would do it! Just go away JW, you went away once already and it was great. Playoff chokers I can live with, but ones whose mistakes cost pivotal games? Forget it. Yes Stuart, you are on this list too,.