• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Scorers and Grinders still available

Rate this topic

Well, Moen is gone now. I'm going to repeat what I've been saying for a while, and that is that we should look at Blair Betts. If he's not gotten an offer yet, we should see what his injury status is, and if it's okay, sign him. He can be had for so little, and is so good at killing penalties, faceoffs and blocking shots! I know that he doesn't play as physically as some people his size do, but still... Throw in Oulahen, which leaves us enough cap space to a. recall Abby when needed; b. make (smallish) moves at the deadline if necessary.

Maltby, Schmaltby. I thought he had a sub-par regular season. I thought that he had a good playoffs. I think that none of this makes any difference as he has a contract for this season and will play. EoS.

EDIT - Per-Johan 'Pebben' Axelsson would be good.

Edited by NGKEIB

Bertuzzi ;)

nope, not bert either

since everybody is just throwing names into a thread nowadays i thought i would join in

Zigmund Palffy (if he isnt under any contract that is and if hed even be willing to come back)

now i know he probably wouldnt come close to 40g again but i think if he was put into a similar role as Huds where he got PP time and he saw ES time against lower defensive pairings his skill could still create a mismatch

Z/D/H

Cleary/Flip/Mule

Ziggy/Helm/Leino

idk how much he'd ask for salary wise but hes never won a cup so who knows and id only say a 1 yr deal

plus i heard he doesnt like Sid

Edited by pockets

Frick it! Just Sign Yelle, re-sign Ouhlehan and bring him and Abby up....

Cleary Zetterberg Datsyuk

Franzen Filppula Leino

Yelle Helm Abdelkader

Holmstrom Draper Ouhelan (Maltby)

Lids Rafi

Stu Kron

Lils Big E

Lebs (trade meech)

...leaves roughly $800,000 in cap space. Lets see what the 4 kids can do!

Frick it! Just Sign Yelle, re-sign Ouhlehan and bring him and Abby up....

Cleary Zetterberg Datsyuk

Franzen Filppula Leino

Yelle Helm Abdelkader

Holmstrom Draper Ouhelan (Maltby)

Lids Rafi

Stu Kron

Lils Big E

Lebs (trade meech)

...leaves roughly $800,000 in cap space. Lets see what the 4 kids can do!

Bottom 6 forwards are embarrasing.

I like Grier, but this is how he gets hurt:

I love Mickey's comment: "Houdini's at it again!"

Hmmmm ... maybe he avoids injury by playing with the Wings ...

~ Z

Edited by WingsCaptain

nope, not bert either

since everybody is just throwing names into a thread nowadays i thought i would join in

Zigmund Palffy (if he isnt under any contract that is and if hed even be willing to come back)

now i know he probably wouldnt come close to 40g again but i think if he was put into a similar role as Huds where he got PP time and he saw ES time against lower defensive pairings his skill could still create a mismatch

Z/D/H

Cleary/Flip/Mule

Ziggy/Helm/Leino

idk how much he'd ask for salary wise but hes never won a cup so who knows and id only say a 1 yr deal

You think Palffy has 60pts left in him?

While I don't think that our third line will be very productive by any means, I think to call any combination of Abdelkader, Helm, Leino and Cleary "embarassing" is just ridiculous. I really think that either

Abdelkader-Helm-Leino/Cleary

could put up some points. Not as much as other team's third lines, but it's not embarassing at all, imo.

Edited by Peleshob

i'm not sold on the way petr sykora got wrote off as being defensivly a wash. I know it's not his strong suit but i think it's got something to do with the coach there,.....you don't go from being an important cog in 08 to not important at all in 09

skill drop off is large, but i've never seen a player who's not a goalie have it that bad.

He's perfect i think, if he's willing to take a huge paycut he'd be exactly what the wings need to replace hudler, and honestly,....would he be any worse than hudler defensivly?

Oh god, yes.

I mean i just can't fathom it,.....i don't watch the pens,..never have,..but I remember a lot of the teams skyora was on and i don't remember it being that bad. Playing sound Defensive hockey normaly gets better with age not worse, was he always that bad?

I mean i just can't fathom it,.....i don't watch the pens,..never have,..but I remember a lot of the teams skyora was on and i don't remember it being that bad. Playing sound Defensive hockey normaly gets better with age not worse, was he always that bad?

This is the same guy that apparently came right out and told MacTavish he doesn't "do defense".

The Penguins, not exactly the most top-notch two-way forward team in the league, benched him in the playoffs, despite being one of their top goal scorers.

Hudler has never been that bad, and has earned his way out of Babcock's doghouse numerous times.

it's a misnomer to say he didn't play in the playoffs as well, he played almost every game against philly, two games against washington and would have played two against us but was injured in game seven.

You think Palffy has 60pts left in him?

in a role like Huds had yes i think if he played top line minutes against the better stronger lines he'd be to much of a risk for injury

in all likely-ness its not going to happen but i think he'd be just as good as an option as Lang or Bert if we were looking for some more scoring

nope, not bert either

Z/D/H

Cleary/Flip/Mule

Ziggy/Helm/Leino

................................................................................

1204317872697.gif