• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

The leafs are the new ducks

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Do we hate the ducks anymore? I hated them because of pronger, now i dun really hate em to much.

The leafs are bad ass now. Plain and simple, they are going to be killing everyone.

Burke builds his team with few very skilled players and the rest are hard hitting trash bags. This guy is prolly gonna trade kaberle for lucic cuz all he cares about is ***** other teams up.

Do we hate the ducks anymore? I hated them because of pronger, now i dun really hate em to much.

The leafs are bad ass now. Plain and simple, they are going to be killing everyone.

Burke builds his team with few very skilled players and the rest are hard hitting trash bags. This guy is prolly gonna trade kaberle for lucic cuz all he cares about is ***** other teams up.

Lucic is not available, Kessel is.

Toronto is in the east, Red Wings will not play them enough for a hatred/rivalry to be born.

I wouldn't say the leafs are bad ass as much as I would Philly!

That should be some fun hockey though!

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Yeh philly was already a pretty dirty team, now with pronger damm cant w8 for crosbitch to get nailed.

The Leafs are getting there, but they're not the new Ducks yet. They don't have the kind of offensive and defensive forward talent at this point. Also, their back end is impressive for it's size, grit, toughness and defensive ability, but they're still lacking a stud power play quarterback. The Ducks in their prime had a great capacity to apply offensive pressure from the blueline, at this point the Leafs don't seem to have that. Everyone likes to think Schenn could be that guy, but his offensive upside was never his strongest point in his scouting reports. I don't see Schenn as a guy who will put up much more than 40 points a season. I do see him having a fantastic +/- and being the best PK man on his team, yeah, but he's not likely to rack up 50+ pt seasons.

Meh. They're on their way to becoming a 'Ducks' style of team. And certainly they are looking more and more like a Western Conference team in the East every day (which bodes well for them definitely). However, most of these comparisons are made through looking at the back-end; 'Ducks-style' (as we are talking about it) happened at both ends of the ice. Sure, you had your Prongers and your Beauchemins on D, but IMO what really made that team nasty was guys like Getzlaf, Perry, R. Niedermayer, Moen, Penner (before he sucked), etc. These were guys that had a reasonable mix of skill and hard-nosed toughness.

I feel that with all of the hype regarding the Leaf's new blueline (which, once again, is awesome), many have lost sight of the fact that this is a team who's best forward is JASON BLAKE ( a guy who can go for long stretches of being really good, and subsequently can have long stretches of being entirely ineffective). I realize that trading Kaberle with aid in bolstering the front end. I also realize that, oddly enough, the team didn't have much trouble scoring last season. What I am driving at here is that the current Leafs do not have anything close to the offense that the Ducks have had in recent years, neither in their hard-nosed appearance nor in their overall skill level. They've got a few skilled guys and few tough guys, but no one (at least that I can think of) that offer a good deal of both.

With that said, I think that it is going to be a very interesting year in Hockey's Capitol, as I think that Burke has put together a team that is going to be tough to play against...for anyone.

Guest Shoreline

Still hate the Ducks. I'd love to see a revival of the Wings/Leafs rivalry.

None of the Leafs new-look defense are even close to the skill level of Pronger and Niedermayer. Also, Jason Blake is their best forward.......................he wouldn't be able to crack Anaheim's top-six.

Bad ass or not, the Leafs will still suck and miss playoffs. So....no, they'll just be a joke.

most recent rumor is our 4th line could be Maltby-Draper-Kelly next year..... if that happens you'll probably be seeing a lot of talk about other teams around here to keep people from snoozin

Maybe on hockeyfights.com.

this just in.....

leafs still suck!

another tick on the maple leaf drought chart. 43 and counting. burke won't win a cup with toronto if he stayed for the rest of his natural life. he'll have a hard enough time making the playoffs in the next 2-3 years. though it would be funny to see them make it in a couple years and lose to of all teams...the sens :lol: