• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Chris Kelly to the Red Wings?

Rate this topic

Chris Kelly to the Red Wings?

Word is that Detroit is persuing PK expert Chris Kelly from Ottawa. Detroit finished 25th on the PK last year and with the loss of Hossa and Hudler, Detroit might be getting worse. Kelly provides much needed penalty killing and is a typical heart and soul guy. The return may be anywhere from a 2nd round pick in 2010 to the arbitration rights of Jiri Hudler.

http://hockey-bums.com/archives/898

Hudler killed penalties last year?? lol

no objections to him. however, his cap hit is a little over $2mil. this would leave us practically no room to sign a veteran 4th liner unless we trade a pick and a d-man to ottawa. lebda maybe?

apparently he was a griffin during the 2001–02 season

- regular season numbers; 31 gp, 3 goals, 3 assists, 20 pim

- playoff numbers; 5 gp, 1 goal, 1 assist, 5 pim

Edited by ussr

I would love to have Chris Kelly on the Wings roster. He is a good and somewhat gritty player and I think he would fit in well with the Wings. Chris Kelly and Chris Neil both played for my favorite Minor League team years ago (The Muskegon Fury- Now Muskegon Lumberjacks of the IHL).

god I hope not

he's had some decent years in ottawa and is still relatively young. the last four years there his +/- has been +42

Edited by ussr

no objections to him. however, his cap hit is a little over $2mil. this would leave us practically no room to sign a veteran 4th liner unless we trade a pick and a d-man to ottawa. lebda maybe?

it has been stated many times that Holland would like to trade a D man for a forward. So if he were to get Chris Kelly and doesn't trade a D man. then there will be a 2nd trade after that involving a D man.

he's had some decent years in ottawa and is still relatively young. the last four years there his +/- has been +42

his cap hit is too high and too long for someone who doesn't fill any of our current voids

it has been stated many times that Holland would like to trade a D man for a forward.

"In both Hudler and Hossa's cases, given their age and their stature, we were prepared to sign them and then move players," Holland said. "I don't know that I'm prepared to sign someone on the open market to a one-year deal and then have to move some players."

nothing in this interview about trading any of our d for a forward

his cap hit is too high and too long for someone who doesn't fill any of our current voids

both maltby and homer are in the last years of their contracts. who's to say either of them re-sign after next season. i know kelly isn't exactly what a lot of you want in the line-up but he has potential to score 20-25 goals a season, especially with the talent we already have. plus, it's just a "rumor".

"In both Hudler and Hossa's cases, given their age and their stature, we were prepared to sign them and then move players," Holland said. "I don't know that I'm prepared to sign someone on the open market to a one-year deal and then have to move some players."

nothing in this interview about trading any of our d for a forward

I wasn't referring to this interview specifically. He said it awhile back he is looking into trading a D man for a forward.