• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Datsyuk up for an ESPY

Rate this topic

Precisely the type of person I fought to protect. Now THAT'S irony. If you have to resort to name-calling, then you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. Bravo.

~ Z

It's irony until you realize I'm in the Army and have more months in combat than you days. But thanks for fighting for me. I needed someone on a ship, 100 nautical miles away from an actual combat zone.

Be careful who you tell that you fight. Some of us have actually done it. :)

Edited by thedisappearer

It's irony until you realize I'm in the Army and have more months in combat than you days. But thanks for fighting for me. I needed someone on a ship, 100 nautical miles away from an actual combat zone.

Be careful who you tell you that you fight. Some of us have actually done it. :)

haha. It's always cute how Army and Marines get so defensive.

Guest micah

Attention Speak English or get outers: f*** off.

You know nothing about American history. Immigrants in the 1800s did not come to this country and immediately start busting their ass to learn English. My great grandparebnts never spoke a word of English, and they were whites who came from Europe. None of their neighbors bothered to learn English either. They, like most white European immigrants, releyed largely on handouts from the US Government. Tax breaks, free or reduced cost farmland, etc. My grandparents, 2nd generation, born in the US - never really learned English. They worked hard and were poor. They knew a phrase here and there to get by, but they never spoke English unless they had to. My father, 3rd generation American, didn't learn English until he attended public school, and then only slowly. He went on to go to college (again, with the help of the government) and eventually contributed in a very large way to our strategic nuclear defense. He retired rich. I'm 4th generation. I'm rich too. I'm thankful for the handouts that the United States Government gave my ancestors 4 generations ago, without those freebies, I wouldn't have it so made today, and I wouldn't be able to boost this country's GDP in the ways I am. :) I've been very succesful, and I've worked very hard, but without government freebies 150 years ago, I'd be picking potatoes on someone else's farm today.

Be careful who you tell that you fight. Some of us have actually done it. :)

I was actually on a submarine or "boat," stationed in Norfolk, VA. We were a SEAL deployment vessel, so we saw a little more action than other boats. We also take offense at our boats being referred to as ships, since that's what we sink. ;) Some vessels were designed to sink and others required our assistance.

I'm 3rd generation military. My wife is a MSG in the Army. She's a former drill sgt and has qualified waaay more weapons than me. My sister is a National Guard doc who patched up troops in Baghdad for 4 months. So, I appreciate what you do, what you did, and what you'll do in the future. Good on you, bro. Had I known, I would have worded my comments to you differently; you deserve more respect than that.

Now back to talking Red Wings hockey before we all get lynched.

V/r,

~ Z

Edited by WingsCaptain

Crosby Wins ESPY as Best NHL Player

Jul 16, 2009, 2:40 PM EDT

Sidney Crosby of the Penguins was named winner of the 2009 ESPY as the Best NHL Player for the third consecutive year at the annual ESPN awards event held Wednesday at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.

Crosby, 21, became the youngest captain in NHL history to lead his team to the Stanley Cup when the Penguins upended the defending champion Detroit Red Wings in seven games in June. Crosby, who also won the Best NHL Player honor in 2007 and 2008, was the NHL’s leading goal-scorer in the playoffs (15) and finished second in points (31). During the regular season, he finished third in the NHL scoring race with 103 points, despite missing five games to injury.

Crosby’s career average of 1.29 points-per-game in the playoffs now ranks third in NHL history behind only Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux (minimum 40 games played). He also tied an NHL playoff record by scoring the first goal of a game six times.

Other finalists were teammate Evgeni Malkin, Washington’s Alexander Ovechkin and Detroit’s Pavel Datsyuk.

The ESPY winners are determined by fans in an online vote

Penguins coach Dan Bylsma was a finalist for Best Coach (all sports) and the Penguins were a finalist for Best Team (all sports).

ESPN aired an edited version of the 2009 ESPYs Sunday night.

Datsyuk never stood a chance.