• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

Caps sign Brendan Morrison

Rate this topic

Could turn out a GREAT signing. Morrison and Knuble played together during the lock-out. In my opinion the Knuble-Morrison-Huselius line was the most dominant line to EVER play in the SEL.

If they get some of that spark together again, the Caps are looking to be a very serious cup contender this year.

:lol: The best thiing about this is all the Eastern contenders keep getting better and Pitts is getting worse! :LOL I only hope we "get better" soon to!

Yeah, so far lots of other teams have gotten better and Detroit has made (at best) a lateral move. I'm not on Holland's case because I trust him and I still expect this team to make the Finals against any and all odds. Still, though, it does make you worry for now, even though we know there's not much Holland CAN do right now.

Yeah, so far lots of other teams have gotten better and Detroit has made (at best) a lateral move. I'm not on Holland's case because I trust him and I still expect this team to make the Finals against any and all odds. Still, though, it does make you worry for now, even though we know there's not much Holland CAN do right now.

Every year teams look like they've suddenly become eight million times better over the summer, only for the regular season to reveal that buying some UFA's doesn't make you an elite team.

Think back on the summers of the last 5 years...

Every year teams look like they've suddenly become eight million times better over the summer, only for the regular season to reveal that buying some UFA's doesn't make you an elite team.

Think back on the summers of the last 5 years...

Exactly. And people have been saying the Wings are done since 2001 and we've won two Cups, appeared in the finals three times, and in the conference finals four times since then. I honestly don't think a Babcock-coached Wings team could have a truly disappointing season. They simply work too hard. I think last year they got beaten not juts because of injuries but because they didn't work as hard. This year, more players are going to have to step up. 2009 was sort of a bizarre year for the Wings, and I think 2009-10 will be back to 2008 "normal."