• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Canadiens sign Moen to 3-year deal

Rate this topic

NO

Do you realize that Wings needs at least ONE FORWARD?!?!?!

Yes, I am aware of this. That doesn't make Holland "lazy" because he hasn't signed one yet. There are plenty of forwards remaining still that can fill the role the Red Wings need. Losing out on Moen isn't the end of the off-season.

Huds has kinda handcuffed us here because if the league does if fact side with detroit and negate the KHL offer (since Hudler was a RFA) he is on the roster...but we wont know that until the greivance is dealt with)

Hudler has lost a bit of my respect with this BS move- going to arbitration and signing with Dynamo. Damn you, you little midget

Who cares about Hudler, let's move ON... Still need upgrade on PK and GRIT/TOUGHNESS...

Huds has kinda handcuffed us here because if the league does if fact side with detroit and negate the KHL offer (since Hudler was a RFA) he is on the roster...but we wont know that until the greivance is dealt with)

Hudler has lost a bit of my respect with this BS move- going to arbitration and signing with Dynamo. Damn you, you little midget

He went to arbitration even though he was going to the KHL so the Wings would continue to own his NHL rights. He still should've waited until arbitration was finished to do this, but at least you know why he filed for arbitration now.

Yes, I am aware of this. That doesn't make Holland "lazy" because he hasn't signed one yet. There are plenty of forwards remaining still that can fill the role the Red Wings need. Losing out on Moen isn't the end of the off-season.

I'm pretty sure that Holland wasn't even thinking about Moen...

What we need is someone who can play on PK and who brings some TOUGHNESS and he needs to be cheap = Moen.

Who do you see (better option) left?

I'm pretty sure that Holland wasn't even thinking about Moen...

What we need is someone who can play on PK and who brings some TOUGHNESS and he needs to be cheap = Moen.

Who do you see (better option) left?

Scott Nichol FTW

Scott Nichol FTW

Another undersized forward - but this one is gritty and tougher than any other Red Wings... I would rather have Grier or Betts but Free Agency is getting thinner by the day so I wouldn't be surprised to see these two signed in couple of days.

Good. I would have liked to see him on Detroit, but got a bit sick of the Moen-mania. There are other fish in the sea. Anyone know about Betts' injury situation?

We can still trade Hudler. I mean, we dont' want him here if he doesn't want to be here, but there are lots of teams that aren't as hard working or classy and need a scorer. In fact, if the league sides with the Wings against Hudler, it would be much better because instead of losing him for nothign we'd get something. Maybe that's what Holland's waiting for.

Another undersized forward - but this one is gritty and tougher than any other Red Wings... I would rather have Grier or Betts but Free Agency is getting thinner by the day so I wouldn't be surprised to see these two signed in couple of days.

He plays a foot taller than he actually is. He's arguably been the Preds best defensive forward over the past 3 years; blocks shots, uses the body, great on the PK. A good vocal leader and veteran presence in the locker room. He's not as big as a traditional power, but his speed and intensity make up for it. I personally thought he was great in Nashville. He would fit great along side Helm or even with Maltby and Draper.

It looks like Moen got $1.7m for three years -- a bit pricey in amount and term.

That Cup year out of Moen may have just been the exception.

lollerskates.

1.7m per? Moen is cool and all, buuuuut not 1.7m per for 3 years cool.

He plays a foot taller than he actually is. He's arguably been the Preds best defensive forward over the past 3 years; blocks shots, uses the body, great on the PK. A good vocal leader and veteran presence in the locker room. He's not as big as a traditional power, but his speed and intensity make up for it. I personally thought he was great in Nashville. He would fit great along side Helm or even with Maltby and Draper.

Well from that description he sounds like a great pick-up.

Everyone else in central is stealing players from the Wings, why not get some revenge?

We can still trade Hudler. I mean, we dont' want him here if he doesn't want to be here, but there are lots of teams that aren't as hard working or classy and need a scorer. In fact, if the league sides with the Wings against Hudler, it would be much better because instead of losing him for nothign we'd get something. Maybe that's what Holland's waiting for.

I get what you're saying and its a valid point, but it still detains the Wings from getting what we need.....Holland is a master and he may be able to trade Huds but who will be left when all this s*** gets resolved? I mean, people are talking about Nicol and Hinote, niether who are an upgrade from Huds....

People are forgetting that we could still TRADE a D-man for a forward (Lebda or Meech). We don't have to sign an UFA.

Indeed, Holland stated in an interview this summer that he plans on trading a defenseman after training camp.

People need to chill out about the FA market right now. Holland stated that the NHL tied his hands when they decided to file a grievance about Hudler. He went on to say that he can't go shopping right now because he might end up with Hudler on the roster come August and be 3 million over the cap all of the sudden. Holland plans on contacting the NHL at the start of the week to get further details on what can/will happen.

The other thing to remember is that the kind of player everyone is clamoring for-- Moen or Betts, is the kind of player Holland can trade a lower pairing d-man for. It sucks that we might have to wait a while, but hopefully the NHL gives him some more guidance that lets him make some assumptions and go out and sign a grinder with great PK skill.

Indeed, Holland stated in an interview this summer that he plans on trading a defenseman after training camp.

People need to chill out about the FA market right now. Holland stated that the NHL tied his hands when they decided to file a grievance about Hudler. He went on to say that he can't go shopping right now because he might end up with Hudler on the roster come August and be 3 million over the cap all of the sudden. Holland plans on contacting the NHL at the start of the week to get further details on what can/will happen.

The other thing to remember is that the kind of player everyone is clamoring for-- Moen or Betts, is the kind of player Holland can trade a lower pairing d-man for. It sucks that we might have to wait a while, but hopefully the NHL gives him some more guidance that lets him make some assumptions and go out and sign a grinder with great PK skill.

I'm wondering how much the Hudler situation altered Kenny's trade plans at all. It seems like it was mostly a cap/roster space move in its original intent. But if Huds is gone, then a couple more options open up.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
Is it just me or have Canadian teams signed like 99% of the available free agents this offseason?

Seems like the Habs have signed 99% of them, they are going absolutely apes*** on UFAs.