• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Framed My Red Wings Championship Newspapers!

Rate this topic

I got a few of my Red Wings championship newspapers from 1997 and 2008 laminated awhile back so they woudn't deteriorate since I didn't have the money to get them professionally framed, but now I went and had them framed and I'm thrilled with how they came out!

3707845957_f14f1314e5_b.jpg

3707845697_02a30690c8_b.jpg

how did you lamanate them? they look killer btw

Took them to Kinko's. It' does a great job of keeping oxygen off of the paper which will make them deteriorate at a much slower rate.

Dude, I was looking for a frame for my 08 front page. I took every headline from the '08 playoffs, cut it out, and put them on my wall. I had to take them down to switch rooms, so I put them in a scrapbook.

It was glorious...

Left to right.

Picsfromalotofthings060.jpg

Picsfromalotofthings059.jpg

Picsfromalotofthings058.jpg

Dude, I was looking for a frame for my 08 front page. I took every headline from the '08 playoffs, cut it out, and put them on my wall. I had to take them down to switch rooms, so I put them in a scrapbook.

It was glorious...

Left to right.

Picsfromalotofthings060.jpg

Picsfromalotofthings059.jpg

Picsfromalotofthings058.jpg

You gotta love all the clever puns sports writers rely on in their headlines. ;)

I know my parents have '97, '98, and '002's - but I have '008's.

During my time (born in '89), I wanted to do the same with and frame them. Although I may wait 'till I move out for that.

Edited by Christ0pherXx

I got a few of my Red Wings championship newspapers from 1997 and 2008 laminated awhile back so they woudn't deteriorate since I didn't have the money to get them professionally framed, but now I went and had them framed and I'm thrilled with how they came out!

Those came out awesome! I laminated mine myself and don't look nearly as good, but at least I have them.

I should have gone the Kinko's route. lol

I was considering laminating all of mine but I also want to keep them as they are so when I have kids I can pull them out and read them as bedtime stories or something. But I want to keep them nice too. It's a toughie. I don't have any extra copies.

The paper will fade and deteriorate rather quickly if you don't do something with them, especially the inside pages. Some of the inside pages from my 97 paper have faded to the point of being mostly unreadable...

I found all of my papers in a drawer from 97 up through last year... i was debating what to actually do with them... i kinda want use of my drawer again

I also have all four championship front pages framed and hanging on the wall of my office. Looking at them right now and smiling. Stevie lifting his first cup in both the freep and the news have the honored spots right in front of where I sit and work all day.

Although, living in California, I've had to settle for reprints :(

I framed my 1997, and 2002 but I lost my 1998 and 2008 in a flood in my basement a month ago. I didn't just lose those but also some of my 1997 covers from several other papers with Yzerman on it. Needless to say, I was not happy at all.

I framed my 1997, and 2002 but I lost my 1998 and 2008 in a flood in my basement a month ago. I didn't just lose those but also some of my 1997 covers from several other papers with Yzerman on it. Needless to say, I was not happy at all.

I would have cried! I have the paper from when Stevie retired. Like OsGod it's sitting in a drawer, however I don't need to use it.

I also have all four championship front pages framed and hanging on the wall of my office. Looking at them right now and smiling. Stevie lifting his first cup in both the freep and the news have the honored spots right in front of where I sit and work all day.

Although, living in California, I've had to settle for reprints :(

I hear ya man. I'm in California too and it's good to finally get a bit of home up on my walls!

What size are the frames that you used? I totally have to do that to my newspapers, I have mine in boxes and boxes. Thanks for any help.

Edited by Jericho613