• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

The "Who Will You Miss Most Next Year" Poll

Rate this topic

Who will you miss the most?  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Holmstrom has spent more energy during a bowel movement than Chelios has put out during any game in the 08-09 season.

Disagree. Just because you don't like Chelios doesn't mean he doesn't put out effort. I mean...of all the players to say this kind of thing about...you pick CHELIOS? That's like saying "I don't think Darren Helm should be on the roster; he's too slow."

Chelios is one of the hardest working players in the league. Yes he's slow. No, he's not Norris caliber anymore. That doesn't mean he stopped working hard. If being slow means you aren't working hard, well then, Holmstrom hasn't worked a shift in his life.

Disagree. Just because you don't like Chelios doesn't mean he doesn't put out effort. I mean...of all the players to say this kind of thing about...you pick CHELIOS? That's like saying "I don't think Darren Helm should be on the roster; he's too slow."

Chelios is one of the hardest working players in the league. Yes he's slow. No, he's not Norris caliber anymore. That doesn't mean he stopped working hard. If being slow means you aren't working hard, well then, Holmstrom hasn't worked a shift in his life.

He does not get results though, at least not for our team....

I'd say Sammy, Hossa, and Conklin the most. I loved Sammy interviews when he would start it off with a very Swedish "UEhhh" and then say "Like I should say" every other word. He was really sweet. Hossa was such a bad ass and Conklin was really funny. So I'll miss them the most.

I gotta go with:

1. Hudler - Scored a lot of goals for us. And as another poster said...that smile is priceless!

2. Sammy - omg did I ever hate this guy. But...now that he is gone, I really think im gong to miss all of those shots into the goalies chest...

3. Conklin - Amazing back up. I hope Howard can do as well...

4. Cheli - While I do think its time for him to hang them up. He has played for our team for a long time now. Could teach the young kids some stuff. Loved the guys personality as well.

I voted for Conklin. I just think he played a key role in the success of this team this past season.

All will be missed I am sure. What's pissing me off the most this off season, is not so much making no signings thus far, but Hossa, Kopecky, and Conklin all staying in the Central! We all know how clutch former Wings are against the team.

Edited by miller76

Hossa, although I will miss Conklin too. I really think Conklin was as solid a back up as we would get for the price we had him at and at times last year, he was better than Osgood. I dont really miss Chelios as a player but as a person because he is past his prime and it shows when he gets on the ice. He made way too many mistakes this past season.

I voted for Sammy. Clutch when you needed him. Not many guys can be Hero and Whipping Boy at the same time.

In my heart, I will miss Mac the most, but we didn't see enough of him this year to have him be the biggest loss. Same goes for Downey. Had they spent the whole season playing with the Wings, I would have had a hard time choosing.

Will miss Cheli, Conks and Huds as well. Will miss Hossa's play, and picking on Kokopuffs.

starting off.

I HATED KOPECKY

from this season all the way to nhl 09 on ps3 hahaha

thank god hes gone.

i made a hossa jersey with a lettering kit and am bummed but whatever

i really loved our team this season. i wish it could last but all good things come to an end.

i loved hudlers demeanor on the ice so happy to be there. it sucks hes gone.

i love sammy too. s*** :/

and conks.

he seems so awesome and will be missed.

oh well.

helm is going to be on fire next season.

so will lieno

im stoked.

the season needs to start already im sick of watching the 08 playoff re runs of the god damn caps and fliers on the nhl network.

go wings.

Neither does Lebda. What's your point?

My point: Chelios WAS good. The emphasis on the word "WAS" suggests that he is no longer a contributing player. I love Cheli, but he doesn't have a place on this team anymore, at least not a place that involves wearing skates during a game.

Cheli? He's had his time but he might find his way back here in some other role.

Hossa? We don't need anymore reasons to feel disappointed during the playoffs.

Conks? I voted for him. I figured I had to pick one. Solid guy and player.

Sammy? Very serviceable two-way forward. He shot right-handed and that's what made him stick out.

Huds? Some see a scorer with a great smile. I see a guy who simply can't keep up. Even before the contract.

Kopy? He still doesn't have one vote. You'd think he'd have more as a power forward.

Mac? Not going to miss him because I think he'll be a part of the organization some other way.

So shut the hell up and give Sammy his damn props cuz he earned them AND his paycheck.

Why did he earn my props? Sure, he may have scored some good goals, but besides Lebda...he was the worst passer on the team. Only maybe 10% of his shots ever ended up on net. He hits like a school girl, and defends himself like one too. If he deserves all of these props, then why isn't he leading this poll? All I am saying is that everyone has good moments, but his bad moments vastly out weighed his good moments. For that reason I am glad to see him go.

Oh, I am in South Bend, Indiana on Blackford Dr. Why don't you come down here and shut me up? I'll be waiting.