• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

The "Who Will You Miss Most Next Year" Poll

Rate this topic

Who will you miss the most?  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hossa is obviously the biggest name that we lost, but we are going to all end up missing Conklin the most. After Howard plays a few games you'll know what I mean.

I'll miss Downey too. :(

Why did he earn my props? Sure, he may have scored some good goals, but besides Lebda...he was the worst passer on the team. Only maybe 10% of his shots ever ended up on net. He hits like a school girl, and defends himself like one too. If he deserves all of these props, then why isn't he leading this poll? All I am saying is that everyone has good moments, but his bad moments vastly out weighed his good moments. For that reason I am glad to see him go.

Oh, I am in South Bend, Indiana on Blackford Dr. Why don't you come down here and shut me up? I'll be waiting.

Ok internet tough guy... You'll be waiting - give me a break. The main reason he isn't leading this poll is because the poll is on this board.... and people on this board have consistently and unreasonably, in my opinion, made Samuelsson their 'whipping boy,' as they put it. This is probably because they are like you and had some overly ridiculous expectation of him being another Brendan Shanahan. I notice that you didn't respond to any of that part of my message. Maybe it made too much sense or was too logical for you to handle. Besides, just because people didn't say they miss Sammy the most doesn't mean they won't miss him. They might just miss Hudler or whoever more...and that's fine. But you, you just took another opportunity to get one last jab in at Samuelsson. Obvously you hate the guy and that is shown in your blatant exaggeration of everything in your posts about him. I'm not even going to address any of them because they are all completely wrong. You are enititled to your opinion just like anyone else, but I disagree with everyithing you said. Plus, I have long been sick and tired of the Samuelsson bashing. Whatever though, he's gone now so you'll just find someone else to start trashing with the rest of them.

hossa, obviously, any team would be crazy to not want him. too bad the cap situation didnt work out...

then conklin, wings still wouldve made the playoffs, but he stood on his head and exudes confidence while osgood was shaky.

then hudler

sammy

chelios

Whatever though, he's gone now so you'll just find someone else to start trashing with the rest of them.

Probably, but hey, it's fun right? That's why we come here. I was just stating why I didn't like him, but now I'm a bafoon cause I don't agree with you, and stated my opinion. Anyway, Sammy will do fine as a Canuck, and the Wings will do fine without him.

Bring on the next Samuelsson. I and a bunch of other will be waiting to make asses out of selves.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, because he often infuriated me. It's hard to let go of the feeling he could've been better.

But Sammy.

a solid two-way guy who puts up 40 points a season for 1.2 mill is hard to find.

Well...we all know who I voted for....but...as my hubby said it best..."Who the hell are we going to yell "OUTSIDE!!" to every time he shoots the damn puck!....."

He wasn't awful...but I will miss him...but glad his gone! LOL!

I will miss most of all Lord Stanley.

:lol: Well played, sir.

I voted with my heart and not my head. It was a tossup between Chelios and Mac, and I went with Chelios since we'll likely see him in another uniform, and Mac will be calling games somewhere in Michigan soon.

Had I voted with my head, I'd have probably skipped the obvious Hossa vote, as we all knew he was likely a one year lease and gone with Sammy. Something about the guy cried out x-factor to me. He played multiple roles, was darn cheap and was obviously well liked by the team and staff alike. As someone else stated, a two way forward who puts up the number of points he did (many of them clutch) and able to take on PP duties as a D-man for the price we were paying for him is a rare thing indeed. I would have briefly considered Conklin as well, but only briefly. He performed admirably when Ozzie faltered, but Howard is unproven as a positive OR a negative. I, personally, think he'll perform above (relatively low) expectations. You just can't judge a guy by nine NHL games.

I voted for Conklin because I can no longer say Conkblocked.

If there was a "none of the above" I would have picked that.

I'm shocked Chelios isn't first. He's been here for 10 years and helped win a couple cups. Hossa was a rental player for one year and was s*** in the playoffs. Holy bandwagonners!

Cheli, Hudler and Sammy because they were part of the team for a while and i am emotionally attached to them.

Hossa was a 1 and done type deal, Kopecky was always injured and useless, gonna miss Conks but not anything close to the 3 i listed.

McCarty got to play some games last year and that was cool won another cup with us, i will always luv McCarty but he is not nhl caliber anymore. He had a great career nothing to be ashamed of.

Downey hardly ever played, i will miss him more then Hossa and Kopecky.

Edited by Yak19

I'm shocked Chelios isn't first. He's been here for 10 years and helped win a couple cups. Hossa was a rental player for one year and was s*** in the playoffs. Holy bandwagonners!

Them be fightin' words round here!

Yeah I don't get the Hossa love either I didn't think all that of him.

Voted for Cheli, I hated that guys guts at one time as much as I hated Pronger a few months ago, but there was a reason for it, the guy was plain nasty and effective. The only problem I've had with him is that ppl seem to have forgotten that he was a warhorse of a dman and is still better than a lot of NHL dmen even at his age.

I'll miss Jiri, he'll be back later. I'm calling it.

I'm happy for Kopecky. Just wish we didn't have Hossa and him right in the same division. Speaking of which someone in the eastern conference needs to sign j-dub asap.....

Goodbye Dr. Highandwide / Mr. Logohunter! Sammy sucks!

I voted for Kopecky just to skew the results.

I actually will miss Conklin the most, he saved our bacon so many times this past year it wasn't even funny.

It would have been nice to keep Hossa, but I never got my hopes up due to the cap.

Chelios is a legend and a sure-fire Hall-of-Famer who had a great run for the Wings, but he has obviously lost a step or two, would have liked to see him stay on as an assistant coach, I think that is the capacity he will be missed the most rather than what he brings to the ice at his age.

Samuelsson made good contributions for a player who was brought in to be a 3rd or 4th line grinder, provided some clutch scoring and at 1.2 million was an incredible bargain. But he earned his raise and I wish him luck, just not against us.

We didn't see enough of McCarty or Downey this year to really miss them, moreso what they had done in previous seasons, but it's sad to see them become cap casualties.

Hudler, that stings a little. He basically told the Wings organization he wanted to stay by filing for arbitration, then 2 days later jumps ship for Russia and leaves us flapping in the wind, with nothing to show for it, no picks, no consideration whatsoever. That is a hard pill to swallow as a fan.

Kopecky was just another player who never lived up to his potential, and sometimes you just have to part ways when that is the case. I was very surprised to see the deal he got with the Hawks, obviously that was a package deal with Hossa, he definitely did nothing to deserve that much money.

Amen. Bunch of sellouts around here. Go root for the Hawks.

Oh, Zion. You call them sellouts, but your sig asks them to leave.

You don't know your own power. ;)

Right about now, the way things are going in Chicago, I'm missing Scotty Bowman.

i put huds just b/c i knew hossa was gone and i was more than prepared for it. it was great seeing hudler have flashes of brilliance, and he just seemed so...happy after he scored goals.

a close second is conks, though. i'll eat my words if i'm wrong, but i just get the feeling the howard is going to BLOW this year. it was so great to have such a capable backup.

conks i wish the best (except against the wings, of course). i hope hudler doesn't score a goal in the KHL.

Oh, Zion. You call them sellouts, but your sig asks them to leave.

You don't know your own power. ;)

Right about now, the way things are going in Chicago, I'm missing Scotty Bowman.

i think zion was calling the fans who miss hossa sellouts, not the players themselves.

which, to zion, i say this: hossa is a very good (if not great) player; who wouldn't want a very good player to stay on their team? i don't think anyone will now root for chicago just because hossa is over there, but when i think back to some of hossa's absolutely masterful moments, yeah, i wish he was still in the winged wheel. from a cap perspective, of course, i'd rather not see him paid a ton of money to stay here, but were money no object, i've love hossa to stay: he's a very good player. and, in that way, i'll miss him.