• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

The "Who Will You Miss Most Next Year" Poll

Rate this topic

Who will you miss the most?  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll miss Sammy the most. Good ole logo hunter. While he might not of been that great, he scored some clutch goals for us in the playoffs. Guess we'll all have to find a new whipping boy.

I'll miss Sammy the most. Good ole logo hunter. While he might not of been that great, he scored some clutch goals for us in the playoffs. Guess we'll all have to find a new whipping boy.

There's no one left. Kopecky, Sammy, Cheli, Hudler have all been whipped on quite a bit the past 2 years, now what. I'm thinking it's gonna be Lebda, or Lilja if the injury hurts his play when he returns.

Hudler I will miss the most. Sammy, I will not miss at all...not at all. He was a poor replacement for Shannahan. We could have done better. Chelios, his grit and humor I will miss, but his passes up the center I will not! All of them who are leaving, I wish them the best.

I voted for Chelios. I think he's got another year in him, but I don't want to see him in another team's jersey.

How can he have another year in him when he had nothing in him for this season but slow-skating and give-aways?

I am gonna miss Hudler cause I think the little guy had the potential to be a top six forward and given the right amout of ice time he could have become a 30 or 40 goal a season scorer. But saying this I voted for Hossa mainly because he was already that 40 goal a season scorer that we need.

Hudler I will miss the most. Sammy, I will not miss at all...not at all. He was a poor replacement for Shannahan. We could have done better. Chelios, his grit and humor I will miss, but his passes up the center I will not! All of them who are leaving, I wish them the best.

I will miss Sammy the most. Hossa obviously was the big difference maker, but...only one year of watching him. I like Hudler and I hope he comes back...if he does not, I will miss him, but not as much as Sammy.

It is absolutely ridiculous to compare Sammy to Shanahan. We traded Paul Coffey and Keith Primeau for Shanahan...he probably scored upwards of 400 goals (I am guessing here...and thinking of playoff goals as well) at least for us....and he made a ton of money doing it - earning the money, mind you, but still a lot. He's a sure-fire hall of famer. Anyone who was expecting Samuelsson to be the second coming of Brendan Shanahan has to be delirious. Sammy didn't have 20 goals in the league before he came to Detroit. Let's not forget that Shanahan wasn't even gone when Sammy first became a Wing. If we're going off of Shanahan as a guage....Jiri Hudler was a piss poor replacement for Shanahan....Valtteri Filppula was a piss poor replacement for Shanahan...Dan Cleary was a piss poor replacement for Shanahan...Hell, Johan Franzen isn't damn Brendan Shanahan. We were lucky to have Sammy - especially at the price we had him for. So shut the hell up and give Sammy his damn props cuz he earned them AND his paycheck.

For me it's Hossa, I think that it comes from my experience meeting him and his incredible talent. I was lucky enough to spend 20minutes sharing a drink with him Kopey, and Huds at the bar in Detroit. I got a chance to get to know him just a little better than you do on television, that was cool.

I voted Hudler, with an honorable mention to Kopecky. They are the only two players on the list yet to enter their primes, Hudler already showing ridiculous potential and Kopecky still with the potential to be a solid all-around second liner (although unlikely to fill that role on the Wings) while the other players are basically all 30+ and anywhere from just past their peak and starting down the mountain to having reached the valley and set up camp.

None of the older players' primary functions could not be replaced for less or simply removed from the roster. The loss of Hossa's offense could be replaced by Hudler playing the same amount of time as well as a bounce back from Zetterberg and improvements from Franzen, Cleary and Filppula; his PK duties would be taken on by one of the many solid defensive forwards on the team such as Helm, Franzen, or Cleary. Chelios is simply removable. Conklin can be replaced by Howard for less without significant difference. Samuelsson's offense could be covered by Leino.

Meanwhile, Hudler is young and highly skilled offensively, which is something the Wings need to keep a hold of rather than losing both Hudler and Hossa. So he's probably the most important free agent from the Wings who Holland actually could have signed after July 1st. Kopecky is gone now, but due to the team's depth he will likely bring the Hawks more than he was ever going to bring the Wings, so for him that's a good move.