• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Landon Wilson

Rate this topic

Is this guy any good or worth a $600,000 contract? I see he is huge at 6'3" 226lbs. He had 8 points in 27 games for Dallas, he missed a good chucnk with a rib injury...

He was a +5 with 21 PIM's and 47 hits in those 27 games as well...

This may be the type of player we'll have letf to choose from after the Hudler screw job plays itself out!

edit: So I don'y start a new thread what about Joakim LiNdstrom? He's 6'0" 187lbs. Registered 20 point n 44 games for Phoenix last year, he is 25 and a UFA. I would have to imagine he'd love to play in Detroit with the horde of Swedes on this team....

Sorry, I am bored and just trying to find a player that may change the team look a little...

Edited by LeftWinger

Sheesh! That UFA list looks SHABBY (for guys we could actually afford!) There ain't much left, with or without Jiri, we might be going with a 4 or 5 rookie roster this season (not including Howard.)

Seriously, I think we've burned ourselves out on these guys, Peca, Bertuzzi, Grier, Hinote, etc....

Anyone like the idea of Malhotra? although he may cost us upwards of $2.0M....

What about Dominic Moore? Chris Gratton is still out there. Nichol, Yelle... Sheesh! Thanks alot Hudler!

Edited by LeftWinger

I would go after Bertuzzi and/or Grier, I like Bell and Betts also.

Moore = forget about it...

Nichol = he's going to sign with San Jose

Yelle = 4th liner last season with Boston - no need for him

Peca = 10 years ago it would be YES but now - NO

Gratton = work ethic ?

Malhorta = $$$

Hinote = got almost killed by Avery (you really want that piece of crap?)

If Holland want's:

PK = Betts / Grier

PP = Bertuzzi

Toughness = Bell / Roy

I wouldn't mind Betts and Bell:

Z - D - H

Franzen - Flip - Cleary

Bell - Helm - Leino

Abdelkader (Maltby) - Draper - Betts

Lids - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Lilja (Lebda/Meech)

If Lilja is ready to go than trade Lebda (in my mind he's better than Meech BUT he can bring you more than Meech)

Last season I was screaming about Quincey - saying that we have to waive Lebda and keep Quincey... but... nevermind.

Edited by Dominator2005

Sheesh! That UFA list looks SHABBY (for guys we could actually afford!) There ain't much left, with or without Jiri, we might be going with a 4 or 5 rookie roster this season (not including Howard.)

Seriously, I think we've burned ourselves out on these guys, Peca, Bertuzzi, Grier, Hinote, etc....

What about Dominic Moore? Chris Gratton is still out there. Nichol, Yelle... Sheesh! Thanks alot Hudler!

Most of those guys can actually fight, meaning that Holland won't go anywhere near them.

Is Igor Grigorenko still available?

I think he'd be one of the best fits for our team from whats left of UFA's.

minus player on a good team, won't fight, won't hit, won't chip in during the playoffs.... let's sign him up he'd have good chemistry with our 4th line

Maltby-Draper-Axelsson :thumbup:

minus player on a good team, won't fight, won't hit, won't chip in during the playoffs.... let's sign him up he'd have good chemistry with our 4th line

Maltby-Draper-Axelsson :thumbup:

Well, we do need another euro-puss now that several have left.

Well, we do need another euro-puss now that several have left.

Yeah, to hell with those fags that won us a Cup in 07-08, let's put together a tough, manly team like Philly and win jack s***!

:thumbup:

If only Holland knew how to assemble a team for toughness instead of faggy winning. What kind of ***** cares more about a cup ring than a good scrap?

Yeah, to hell with those fags that won us a Cup in 07-08, let's put together a tough, manly team like Philly and win jack s***!

If only Holland knew how to assemble a team for toughness instead of faggy winning. What kind of ***** cares more about a cup ring than a good scrap?

Well said. I've always wondered why so many here want the wings to become more "thuggish". Those guys should just follow the minor leagues. It's a much cheaper hobby.

whats wrong with having a stellar top 6 group of forwards and on your 4th line which sucks anyways having one guy that can fight? or having a 3rd liner that can pk, block shots and drop the gloves everynow and then? People on this board talk about how people on here want toughness and blah blah blah but with a guy like kopecky who does literally nothing out there on teh 4th line why not just put a fighter in his place? At least the fighter has a role on the team

whats wrong with having a stellar top 6 group of forwards and on your 4th line which sucks anyways having one guy that can fight? or having a 3rd liner that can pk, block shots and drop the gloves everynow and then? People on this board talk about how people on here want toughness and blah blah blah but with a guy like kopecky who does literally nothing out there on teh 4th line why not just put a fighter in his place? At least the fighter has a role on the team

If we could get some vaguely talented guys who can skate, check and fight? Sweet- I'm all for that. But the laughable attempts to downplay the worth of guys like Hudler and Samuelsson to the team just because they're not fighters or rough players is just retarded. Different players have different uses. Would I like a new McCarty type guy? Of course. Do I want Downey to play 82 games so he can sit in the playoffs? No. Get a guy who is tough, can skate and plays well on the PK please.

Toughness for the sake of entertainment is stupid. Toughness for the sake of winning hockey games? That is something I can get behind.

OMG, I actually agree with a name you threw out there... Malhotra would have to play power forward for now, also can be a good checking line center... Of all the FA's I liked him the most, can't understand why CBJ has not resigned a kid like this...

If we could get some vaguely talented guys who can skate, check and fight? Sweet- I'm all for that. But the laughable attempts to downplay the worth of guys like Hudler and Samuelsson to the team just because they're not fighters or rough players is just retarded. Different players have different uses. Would I like a new McCarty type guy? Of course. Do I want Downey to play 82 games so he can sit in the playoffs? No. Get a guy who is tough, can skate and plays well on the PK please.

Toughness for the sake of entertainment is stupid. Toughness for the sake of winning hockey games? That is something I can get behind.

Ahh, the luxury of Shanny in his prime... A guy that could score 40+G and drop them with the best of them...

Are you xenophobic, homophobic, or both?

The charge of xenophobic I understand (although I question the term-not your use of it, but the way society uses it. Phobia indicates fear of, not hatred of, but I digress)...

How does not wanting a "puss" make him homophobic (same argument as I stated above with the "phobic")? A *** man can be tough, and a straight man can be a total wuss.

To equate toughness with sexual orientation is, um...genderist? Heteroist? Homoist? (Ew, if you look at that wrong, it looks like Ho moist. Ick.)

At any rate, there's a huge difference between a man who acts like a ninny and one who prefers men. Maybe *** men are ninnies at a higher rate than straight men, but there are plenty of straight Nancy-boys out there.

Overall, I think he was being sarcastic.

I always had high hopes for Grigorenko, but his English was terrible and he was frustrated by that and a few other things, which is why he opted to leave the NHL. I wish he would come back though because he could be like another Ville Leino, only with more balls.

Has anyone considered Krys Kolanos? He's a UFA, shoots right, stands up for himself, has a set of hands and would be VERY cheap. If anyone would be the next Dan Cleary it'd be this guy...

nice post :lol: i like it.

that's why the wings don't have/need a scrapper. they're 1 dimensional and a liability on D, with little to no offensive upside. pretty sure i just described downey...sorry guys. ericsson can play and scrap, but that's about it for the wings. the only other guys that can play and scrap come at a high price....iginla, lecavalier, lucic... the days of filling a roster spot with a guy who can fight and nothing else is over. s***, even probert could score.

i like watching fights, but i LOVE watching the wings win the cup.

The charge of xenophobic I understand (although I question the term-not your use of it, but the way society uses it. Phobia indicates fear of, not hatred of, but I digress)...

How does not wanting a "puss" make him homophobic (same argument as I stated above with the "phobic")? A *** man can be tough, and a straight man can be a total wuss.

To equate toughness with sexual orientation is, um...genderist? Heteroist? Homoist? (Ew, if you look at that wrong, it looks like Ho moist. Ick.)

At any rate, there's a huge difference between a man who acts like a ninny and one who prefers men. Maybe *** men are ninnies at a higher rate than straight men, but there are plenty of straight Nancy-boys out there.

Overall, I think he was being sarcastic.

Wow, talk about getting off topic, what the hell was that about?

I always had high hopes for Grigorenko, but his English was terrible and he was frustrated by that and a few other things, which is why he opted to leave the NHL. I wish he would come back though because he could be like another Ville Leino, only with more balls.

Has anyone considered Krys Kolanos? He's a UFA, shoots right, stands up for himself, has a set of hands and would be VERY cheap. If anyone would be the next Dan Cleary it'd be this guy...

We tried that one year...He underwhelmed in camp, was sent to Grand Rapids and never made the team.

I hope so, otherwise how would he handle the puck?