• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Chicago Signs Mark Cullen

Rate this topic

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hock...ns_mark_cullen/

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed center Mark Cullen to a one-year contact.

Cullen, 30, registered National Hockey League career highs in games played (29), goals (7), assists (9) and points (16) in 29 games with the Blackhawks in 2005-06. Last season, the Virginia, Minnesota, native ranked fifth on the American Hockey League’s Manitoba Moose with 25 assists and sixth with 39 points in 56 regular-season contests. He helped Manitoba reach the Calder Cup Finals, notching nine assists and 13 points in 20 postseason tilts.

A seven year pro, Cullen also appeared in three games with the Philadelphia Flyers in 2006-07, his last NHL action.

It seems like a contest this year to see who can sign the most players between Montreal and Chicago. Then next season It will be a contest to see who can trade the most.

Edited by Pucks

Didn't he play for the Griffins in 07- 08?

It appears that if the Wings have them, then Chicago wants them at any cost. Kind of flattering and irritating at the same time. One would think Chicago would want their own identity and build success through their own General Manger's savvy-ness, but that's a long shot. All they did this off season was get a miminal bit better at best and ruin their future.

It has been a sad-sad off season if you're a Blackhawk fan. Must be sickening watching your future crumble away.

pending a Campbell trade which of Toews/Kane is going to be squeezed out ? do theyre contracts expire after the same season? I would love to see Kenny H pull Toews away ..

I'm not entirely sure Holland will be looking for a big name forward. I think, with Lidstrom retiring, he'll want a solid defensemen.

I don't know about you guys, but if a new reality show came out called "Chicago Blackhawks Management Office" where they film all of the decisions and conversations that go along with them, I would totally watch it because it's going to get very interesting come September.

I'm not entirely sure Holland will be looking for a big name forward. I think, with Lidstrom retiring, he'll want a solid defensemen.

So making up peoples opinions for them on LGW's isn't enough, now you've decided for Lidstrom that he's retiring as well? I'm sure he'd be flattered...

So making up peoples opinions for them on LGW's isn't enough, now you've decided for Lidstrom that he's retiring as well? I'm sure he'd be flattered...

Lidstrom is as likely to play in the NHL at 41 as Hossa was to resigning with the Red Wings all capped out; Slim-to-none.

Even if Lidstrom resigns (which I highly doubt he will), he's not going to resign for multiple years. Why spend all the cap space on a forward when a defensemen will need to be replaced. Again, you fail at basic logic.

Edited by Snazzy

Lidstrom is as likely to play in the NHL at 41 as Hossa was to resigning with the Red Wings all capped out; Slim-to-none.

Even if Lidstrom resigns (which I highly doubt he will), he's not going to resign for multiple years. Why spend all the cap space on a forward when a defensemen will need to be replaced. Again, you fail at basic logic.

What exactly makes you think Lidstrom is gone? He's up in age, but only can he still play, he's still probably the best at his position.

What exactly makes you think Lidstrom is gone? He's up in age, but only can he still play, he's still probably the best at his position.

Because back in 2005/06 Lidstrom was very vocal about contemplating retirement before resigning. And because Lidstrom isn't Chelios or Hasek. His skills at 41 have nothing to do with his retirement. He will retire because that's what he wants to do... People don't understand (or comprehend) how lucky we are that he resigned back in 2006.

Mark is a career AHL'er. He'll be sent to the Rockford Ice Hogs to help develop the young kids and provide a bit of depth.

The Cullens are actually a pretty talented family. Three of the boys play pro hockey at various levels, and I seem to remember his sister was a collegiate diver or something.