• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedFX

Bettman's Salary.....

Rate this topic

Freep

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was paid $7.1 million in salary and benefits for the 2007-08 season, according to league tax filings and reported by Sports Business Journal.

For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2008, Bettman earned $4,197,694 from the NHL and $2,911,550 from NHL Enterprises, the league's business arm, according to the report. The total package represents a 27-percent raise over the previous season and the highest level of compensation Bettman has received in 16 years as commissioner.

There's too many things wrong with that....

as i get done reading the OP i scrolled down and right away there was an ad on the screen with nothing but a penguins jersey on it, then it got me thinking.

i bet that 27% came directly from the penguins organization. yup, thats it. all teams are bidding for the stanley cup. the penguins must have beat out the wings by a slim margin in the bidding.

damnit illitch you greedy bastard! why couldnt you shell out the extra money so we could get another cup?

He is such a smarmy little turd. He could be personally handing me bags of $100 bills and I would still roll my eyes in contempt when he showed up.

Every time you look at him you feel this indescribable urge to go shower in boiling water and Lysol.

From sports business journal dot com :

The league reported revenue rose 14.9 percent over the period to $74.27 million. Most of that revenue came from membership dues paid by NHL clubs totaling $56 million. An additional $4.95 million came from NHL Enterprises licensing, $3 million from copyright royalties and $6.97 million came from playoff assessments.

Those numbers only represent NHL revenue and exclude revenue from NHL Enterprises, NHL Network and other business operations. Additional revenue from NHL Enterprises and member clubs pushed total league revenue to more than $2.5 billion over the 2007-08 season.

It does kind of piss me off that in a year that was financially the worst for nearly everyone, this little prick got a 27% raise. My 401k was down 2x the percentage that his salary increased. The salary cap stayed flat only because the NHLPA used a 5% increase because revenue was down and he took a 27% pay increase. I hope that someone knocks the crap out of that little jerk off!

Gary-Bettman-earns-$7.1-million

He's worth every dime. No, wait, he's worth A dime. Not really, but just to be nice. The guy is a classless ass. We follow the Wings through an 82 game season and 3 series just to watch him screw us so he can run commercials of Crosby and Malkin winning the cup instead of losing it. He has turned the NHL into the No Honor League. I loved the Wings fans booing him when he spoke at the end of game seven.

For those of you who who were there and did that...Well done I say, well done :clap:

It does kind of piss me off that in a year that was financially the worst for nearly everyone, this little prick got a 27% raise. My 401k was down 2x the percentage that his salary increased. The salary cap stayed flat only because the NHLPA used a 5% increase because revenue was down and he took a 27% pay increase. I hope that someone knocks the crap out of that little jerk off!

He made that amount in 2007/08 when everything was just fine and dandy.

It won't be reported for another year what he made during this past year.

He made that amount in 2007/08 when everything was just fine and dandy.

It won't be reported for another year what he made during this past year.

Maybe in Canada? ;) The recession started here in Dec 2007. (So says the National Bureau of Economic Research)

I would have to say that this scumball shouldn't get a raise even if it was the 1950s and everything was booming like crazy. Hes worthless.