• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedFX

Bettman's Salary.....

Rate this topic

Everyone is taking paycuts or getting fired and Bettman does this. Great stuff.

Basicly how I feel about it.

I can't wait until this guy is gone. Totally deserves to be locked in a room with Pronger. While wearing a Holmstrom jersey. No pads tho.

finally! something that every single poster on this board can agree with. folks, this is a rare day in hockey fandom...

i see a world where hawks fans and wings fans are holding hands. pens and flyers stand side by side. all united by our most common natural instinct...

to take turns kicking gary in his (alleged) balls!!!

*cues "what a wonderful world"*

Guest micah

I loathe Bettman as much as the next guy, but why all the hate directed at him and so little at Illich and his peers who hired the guy and keep him emplyed?

I would be pissed if Holmstrom took a 27% pay increase this year, but I'd place alot of that anger on the people who gave him that raise. Sure, he'd be a greedy prick if he took it, but most of us will take any raises our bosses offer.

as i get done reading the OP i scrolled down and right away there was an ad on the screen with nothing but a penguins jersey on it, then it got me thinking.

i bet that 27% came directly from the penguins organization. yup, thats it. all teams are bidding for the stanley cup. the penguins must have beat out the wings by a slim margin in the bidding.

damnit illitch you greedy bastard! why couldnt you shell out the extra money so we could get another cup?

Exactly what I was thinking. It had to come from the Pens. Seeing as Bettman is Crosby's Illigitemate Father it's only fitting that his son's team pay his salary.

Bettman I hope someone hits you upside the head with a hockey stick........... Preferably Lidstrom's Stick.

Apparently it really is good to be king. (From someone sitting here with a wage freeze this year.)

I'd rather have a wage freeze than the paycut and my 401k matching removed that I experienced already this year.

On a serious note, why not unite with "Fire Bettman" signs at games? It finally worked with Millen.

Even though Ford Field stopped allowing "Fire Millen" signs the hockey rinks were still allowing them.

It does kind of piss me off that in a year that was financially the worst for nearly everyone, this little prick got a 27% raise. My 401k was down 2x the percentage that his salary increased. The salary cap stayed flat only because the NHLPA used a 5% increase because revenue was down and he took a 27% pay increase. I hope that someone knocks the crap out of that little jerk off!

NM

Edited by toby91_ca

It does kind of piss me off that in a year that was financially the worst for nearly everyone, this little prick got a 27% raise. My 401k was down 2x the percentage that his salary increased. The salary cap stayed flat only because the NHLPA used a 5% increase because revenue was down and he took a 27% pay increase. I hope that someone knocks the crap out of that little jerk off!

The salary cap is $12.8m higher than it was three years ago when the cap was put in place, just for reference. Basically 23% higher, before the 5% inflator. In other words, IN THE LAST THREE YEARS, THE LEAGUE'S REVENUES HAVE INCREASED BY 23%. Understando?

Guest Shoreline

He's 100% earned this raise. He's worked so hard for the league and I doubt it would even exist if it weren't for his brilliance. The way he's been fighting the Coyotes moving and pushed for expansion between the 90s and early 2000s only shows how truly awesome he is. Way to go, Gary! I'd feel as good about my salary if I were him as Madoff felt about his.

For a near complete destruction of the league you're in charge of.

For relegating your sport to nothingness so badly that papers stop covering hockey.

For changing raised arms in the game from a goal celebration to a plea of innocence from another lame-ass call.

For sentencing hockey to VS.

For being paid more than players that put their bodies in the line of fire regularly.

For SUCKING in every facet of your career as commisioner.

You are hereby sentenced to, an eternity of being tied to a hockey net and facing slapshot after slapshot? of course not in the real world that gets you........A RAISE! All hail and reward the insipid mediocrity that is Gary Bettman