• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GSBrooks13

Mats Sundin To Wings?

Rate this topic

This should probably be in rumours so move it if you feel like it.. but I just read on Eklunds twitter (I know.. haha) that a new door has opened that could see Mats become a Wing but the Leafs are still in on him..

Im not sure how we would ever fit him under the cap without a huge paycut.. But I wouldnt mind seeing it as long as he would settle for 2nd/3rd Line Minutes.. And there are probably other threads about Sundin but this is the first time I have seen an actual rumour about it being possible..

Edited by GSBrooks13

We need an "Eklund" forum.

That could work haha.. I just read it and it was the first Wings news I have heard in a while besides Hudler and KHL stuff so I figured it might be something to talk about and kill some offseason haha

If he'd be willing to take sub-2M, that proves he wants to win badly enough. I'd take him.

Aye, he started to pick up his play in Vancouver last year in the playoffs, and is still a legitimate top 6 forward in my opinion.

I doubt he'll take a pay cut that large to play anywhere, though. He just doesn't seem like that kind of person.

Aye, he started to pick up his play in Vancouver last year in the playoffs, and is still a legitimate top 6 forward in my opinion.

I doubt he'll take a pay cut that large to play anywhere, though. He just doesn't seem like that kind of person.

Agree about him picking up his play. Who knows if he'll settle for less money or not.

Also, Bisping knockout ftw, haha.

Well, he IS still available so I guess anything is possible, BUT I cannot see the Wings giving him MORE or Equal to what they offered Hudler, so, unless it' for $1.5M or less, I would say the odds are very unlikely...

...stranger things have happened though! Could it be another, "best, last chance to win" scenario? Right about now I just want to get out of this Hudler "limbo." C'mon IIHL s*** or get off the pot, the arbitration is when, the 30th? That really has no bearing on whether the IIHL voids the KHL contract, so lets get on with it! We know Huds is gonna get awarded $3.0 or more, he already has signed the $5M KHL deal, so odds are he won;t be here. I just hope Holland doesn't miss out on any of the "useful" UFA's left! The list is dwindling...

right about now, whoever is the first to accept $1.5M for one season wins, so whether it be Sundin, Peca, Hinote, Betts or whoever else is your wish to come here, lets just git r dun!

edit: Maybe he'll end up in Chicago for $6M, s*** they seem to have been given double the cap space of everyone else, so why not?

Edited by LeftWinger

Well, he IS still available so I guess anything is possible, BUT I cannot see the Wings giving him MORE or Equal to what they offered Hudler, so, unless it' for $1.5M or less, I would say the odds are very unlikely...

Couldn't they give him a one year deal for like $2 mil, but add incentives that would take it up to like $5 mil? I know you're allowed to go 7.5% over the cap if you go over by players getting their bonus.

Please no more 'has beens'. He was incredibly slow and a step behind for much of his time in Vancouver. I will admit, he looked better towards the end of the season, but still.

I would rather see this team pick up a decent to quality player that can shoot the puck, without leaving black smears on the goalies chest logo! This organization is notorious for picking up a quality player for less money.

The Hossa saga this year about 'will he sign' or 'wont he sign' was a little much. And imo, was a complete distraction during the playoff run and especially against his old team. Sundin falls right into this big name guy, signing a one year deal, and then having to deal with a contract negotiation next year.

I would rather take my chances with Robert Lang on one good Achilles Tendon!

Trade Lilja or put him on LTIR. This gives us $3 mil to sign Sundin. I think he is a perfect replacement for Samuelsson. Put him on the third line with Helm and Leino and use him on the PP because he's a righty and can shoot. If there is any decent FA left that is willing to take a pay cut to go to a winning team, I think it's Sundin.

Trade Lilja or put him on LTIR. This gives us $3 mil to sign Sundin. I think he is a perfect replacement for Samuelsson. Put him on the third line with Helm and Leino and use him on the PP because he's a righty and can shoot. If there is any decent FA left that is willing to take a pay cut to go to a winning team, I think it's Sundin.

Who would take Lilja knowing his uncertainty with his concussion? And you only get his salary back in LTIR space if he sits out the entire year.