• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockey23

Chicago fires GM Tallon

Rate this topic

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/MAJO...N-IN-e5/1/22122

I have it from several sources this evening that the Hawks will announce on Tuesday that Dale Tallon, whose keen drafting and moves brought Chicago back to the playoffs and all the way to the conference finals, is out as GM and Stan Bowman, son of Scotty Bowman, will be announced as the new GM of the Chicago Blackhawks.

Dale Tallon is beloved in hockey circles and is an outstanding person who I really feel is getting the short end of the stick here. BIG TIME. The Hossa signing, the letters that didn't go out...the current cap issues were not Tallon's issues.

I have talked to quite a few people this evening about this decision and I can tell you the players love Dale Tallon and are none too happy about this decision.

Make no mistake about this...the Hawks are John McDonough's team, and John McDonough's guy is Stan Bowman. While I don't know Stan personally I have heard much about him-some good. But really he is known as a capologist, more than a GM. Now, he will have his chance as GM to shine and prove himself.

His father certainly is perhaps the most respected and innovative coach in NHL history. We will now see what Stan can do.

As for Dale, I certainly expect him to be back in the NHL in short order. Looking at the endless supply of young talent coming through the Hawks system right now, most teams would love to have the talent that Dale has attended. Rumor has it that Dale also got blocked on several occasions from making deals that would have made the Hawks a better team. Especially last season.

Truth is in the results however and when a GM gets relieved after taking a non-playoff team to the conference finals there is something else to this story.

This is odd. Not sure what to make of this. There's got to be more to it. It can't be as cut and dry as some are likely to make it out to be as so many of the moves that have been made couldn't have been surprises to anyone who matters in the decision making process in the organization. It might be as simple as them just wanting a Bowman to be the man. Some of the jokers crying "meltdown" are digging more than a little too deep into this one.

They researched Kopecky.

:lol: yeah, good with the hossa signing, etc....then all of a sudden, the owner read the scouting report on kopy. "you signed WHO!?!?" haha...kopeck...the one player who can single-handedly get a GM fired. :thumbup:

This sure has been a crazy summer for the Hawks. I don't like this move personally. This guy got you to the WCF's and helped build this team. Whether it was to get Stan the GM job or one rumor I heard was taking the fall of the qualifying offers, which sounded like McDonough's fault anyway. Whether it hurts the Hawks or not remains to be seen, but it makes the Hawks look stupid, imo.