• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzerman2010

Forsberg?

Rate this topic

New to this forum however i've been reading posts for awhile. Makes my days fly at work!

Anyways I was wondering how everyone would feel about a possible Forsberg signing. I know he's had his foot issues but if his foot was good to go, does anyone think he'd take a shot at playing with a bunch of his fellow countrymen and a go at one more Stanley Cup? The face of Colorado has changed so I dont think if he could play he'd go back there...and Philadelphia doesn't have any cap room. Soooo why not Detroit??? He could play with Z and Dats no problem...or move Franzen to line one and have a Forsberg, Filpula, Cleary line?? .....maybe i'm living in a dreamworld but I would love to see a healthy Forsberg playing for a Stanley Cup in a Wings jersey at 2.5 mill for a year.

Forsberg is definitely done, and if he did want to come back, I would be worried about injury issues over an 82 game grind/playoffs. Holland could very well be throwing his money away instead of investing it in Forsberg.

No, our team isn't desperate enough to gamble on a guy like him. All we need is a third line guy who can chip in physically and on the score sheet.

Besides "no," didn't Forsberg himself say that he would not play for the Wings? Wasn't Holland in the mix to bring him in a few years back and he said that the rivalry runs too deep. But again, no. Absolutely not.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I have the Answer to our Scoring Problem LULZ

KRONWALL + CLEARY + 1ST + KINDUL FOR LECAVILER LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWLLAWLLAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL

or not...

I think that it is abundantly clear that Forsberg's NHL days are done. And if there is any team stupid enough to give him his 1000th chance for rekindling his fire, they will undoubtedly regret wasting the cap space.

It won't be the Wings.

Stuey ended it sometime in 07-08

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Guest Shoreline

I don't think we've ever considered this before..

Hey guys, what do you think about this guy named Sergei Fedorov? I heard he plays hockey.

The Wings have tried to acquire Forsberg three times and he's turned them down each time -- free agency in the summer of '05, the '07 trade deadline, and free agency in '08. He's not coming here.

I still think there is a chance Forsberg returns to the NHL. It's a very, very small chance, but until he's given a definite "NO" I'm going to continue believing in a real comeback. Even on one foot he can still outplay 95% of the players in the NHL.

But as others mentioned, him coming to the Wings is out of the question. We don't have the cap space (even though I don't think he'd ask for much money to be honest) and there's the whole rivalry thing.

And because no Forsberg thread is complete without evidence of his greatness:

How many penalties would he have cost the Panthers there in today's NHL?

Guest mindfly

Forsberg is retired... well not officially yet but soon, just wait.

Edited by mindfly

Forsberg was a beast in his prime. I enjoyed watching him in Colorado, but hated him just as much... If Forsberg was as good as he was in the late 90s, I would take him in heart beat. But sadly, his career is over.

Peter "Flopsalot" Forsberg, the Dean of the Dive sporting the Winged Wheel? I'd rather eat my own flesh while watching Gary "TheFOOL" Bettman coach the Wings than have Foreskin as a Wing!!!!!

Peter "Flopsalot" Forsberg, the Dean of the Dive sporting the Winged Wheel? I'd rather eat my own flesh while watching Gary "TheFOOL" Bettman coach the Wings than have Foreskin as a Wing!!!!!

did you see the vid I posted? I honestly don't understand where he got the reputation of being a diver. He played the game like it's supposed to be played, with speed, toughness and skill.