• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfanatic4alltime

SCHEDULE for 2009-2010

Rate this topic

Hmm... Start (other than the SE games) and end against Chicago.

After the long road trips, we face Bos, Car and SJ. At least the Bos one is 3 days after we get back; the others are 2 days.

New Years' Eve vs Colorado. That should be fun.

October 2nd can't come soon enough!

Bummer, all of the games against the Southeast division are in Detroit, guess I won't be going to any games this season.

Oh, well, I guess there's always the slim chance that we play either the Lightning or the Panthers in the SCF :scared:

Guest Four

Does anyone know when I'll be able to buy Tor vs Det tickets? It's on Sat Nov 7, 2009

Trip to Sweden to open October, dreaded west coast swing to close the month. Nothing like exhausting the team 3 weeks into the season. Thanks, NHL.

Holland might have asked for that to help get it out of the way. I'm pretty sure he did that last year, granted they didn't go to Sweden but he wanted the West Coast trips out of the way as early as possible. While it sucks I want it out of the way for myself.

I count 11 back-to-back games, how does this compare to other seasons? In addition, 2 of the 5-game West Coast swings occur in 5 weeks. . . nice scheduling, however, the Olympic break will help greatly. . . after the Olympics, Wings go to Western Canada once (3 games) as far as an exteded trip goes.

I still say the division is won during Oct and Nov. . . Wings definitely need a fast start this year.

Trip to Sweden to open October, dreaded west coast swing to close the month. Nothing like exhausting the team 3 weeks into the season. Thanks, NHL.

The Canucks have a 14 game roadtrip. Stop complaining.

Besides, I don't know why everyone thinks the trip to Sweden is going to exhaust the team so much. It's a few extra hours on a plane for them, and they have like 4-5 days until their first game after coming back.

Besides, I don't know why everyone thinks the trip to Sweden is going to exhaust the team so much. It's a few extra hours on a plane for them, and they have like 4-5 days until their first game after coming back.

Agree and 14 games?! Oh my god, they got a rough schedule.

Another crappy home schedule IMO. No Montreal, Toronto, Philadelphia or New York Rangers at the Joe. No home game against Tavares and the Islanders.

3-5 game road trips, and 1-3 game road trip. The longest homestand is 4 games, plus 3-3 game homestands.

With the Olympics in February, the schedule is going to be a grind for all of the teams. Pretty much playing every other day. Wings have 12 games in 31 days in Oct., 14 in 30 in Nov., 14 in 31 in Dec., 15 in 31 in Jan., and 6 in Feb before the break. Then 15 in 30 in March, and 6 in 11 to finish the season.

Teams that get off to slow starts will have a hard time catching up. Health management is going to be a big factor next year.

I've said it before; if the NHL really wants to sell their game, every team should play in every city, which would be 50 games of the schedule. That way we get to see all of the stars, young and old. Then play each team in your division 8 times. I'd much rather see that. Let the teams in the East make long West Coast swings, see how they handle it.

Yikes! That Vancouver schedule stinks! Granted the Olympics break up the road trip, but still 8 games before and 6 games after. Wow. Sucks to be Canuck fans.

I think that readjusting to the time change is the hard part about the Sweden trip, not the number of hours in the plane. I don't know as I've never travelled that far, but from what I hear it takes a bit to re-acclimate.

14 games in a row on the road is bad, but keep in mind, they get their Olympic break right in the middle of it. . . they'll be home just like everyone else, with the exception of those players competing.

I'm surprised we play Buffalo twice again this year.

The 3 "extra" games are against Washington, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

A little variety would be nice, last year it was Atlanta, Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Who decided this? I want to see Toronto, Montreal and Boston....