• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cr00d

Team Russia

Rate this topic

Woh. I'm with you in all of your posts so far in this thread, but to presume that the watered down garbage beer they sell in the US isn't inferior to the nectar of the gods sold in Canada? Wow. Weak. And who's nicer? Is that even an argument? Last guy who asked for directions in NY got gang raped by a group of angry toddlers.

Personally, I don't think there's much difference between Canadian "beer" and American "beer" so Canadian beer may well be better. But acting like one is the nectar of the gods and the other is horse piss IS ARROGANCE.

As far as which population is nicer? I didn't say Americans were nicer. I haven't met every American nor every Canadian, and have met real asses and very nice people from both sides of the border. I simply said that stating Canadians were nicer as a fact IS ARROGANCE.

Do you follow?

Anyway, I think Team Russia has a good shot at the gold. Probably using a TT-33 Tokarev.

Edited by eva unit zero

Guest mindfly

Thing is, the olympic isn't best-of-7 it's ONE game, anything can happen, slovakia can beat canada if a goalie stands on their head and gets a lucky bounce, BANG, Olympic is over.. if the olympics were best-of-7 no one could beat canada i think, thats the exciting part of the olympics, but yet in saying that the best team doesnt always win.

Edited by mindfly

...if the olympics were best-of-7 no one could beat canada i think...

And what do you base this opinion on? I could say that nobody could beat Russia in a best of 7 series, with as much (meaning none) grounds for that opinion.

Dionne won the Lester B. Pearson twice. He won the Art Ross once and was top three five times. Challenged for the Hart several times.

And for reference, Brian Leetch and Mike Richter carried the Rangers to the 94 Cup, not Messier. If Dionne had a Brian Leetch and a Mike Richter in 79-80, he would have won the Division playoffs in 1982 and challenged for the Cup.

Messier had 6 Cup rings over 11 seasons. You know who else had a bunch of Cup rings? Jiri Hrdina. He scored 130 points in 250 games over 6 seasons, and 7 points in 46 playoff games. Hrdina only played 4 seasons where he saw more than 20 games. He ended up with 3 Cup rings.

How great was Hrdina? Messier won the Conn Smythe in 83-84...but I don't think he was the Oilers' best player that playoff as he was worse at both ends than Kurri and was far behind Gretzky in scoring, plus Fuhr's performance in net was impressive. Regardless, that's the only playoff he's even arguable for that honor. So we can agree that neither player was arguable as the team's best player for most if not all of their Cup wins. Does that mean Jiri Hrdina's Cup winning seasons time in the league was as good as Mark Messier's? Hrdina also won these three Cups in 6 seasons after the age of 30; how many more would he have won had he come over sooner?

Cups are definitely an important accomplishment...but winning Cups or not are not the ONLY thing in determining whether or not a player was great, especially if he played as a supporting player on what many consider the greatest team of all time.

So now youre saying Messier won the Smythe on a team that many consider the greatest of all time. Pretty difficult feat for someone who was just a supporting player. He won that Smythe over Gretzky for God's sake give the guy a little respect

Guest mindfly
And what do you base this opinion on? I could say that nobody could beat Russia in a best of 7 series, with as much (meaning none) grounds for that opinion.

Too much depth, skill and heart and determination in the long run when its in their own country.

Teams in contention: Team Canada, Team Sweden, Team Russia, and Team Czech-Rep.

The Czechs? really?

I agree with the other three... but I personally don't consider the Czech-Republic to be quite as good as the others mentionned. I'd say they're more of a tier 2 team with the likes of Finland, Slovakia and the US.

Though, as Mindfly suggested, anything can happen in a win or go home game.

Personally, I don't think there's much difference between Canadian "beer" and American "beer" so Canadian beer may well be better. But acting like one is the nectar of the gods and the other is horse piss IS ARROGANCE.

As far as which population is nicer? I didn't say Americans were nicer. I haven't met every American nor every Canadian, and have met real asses and very nice people from both sides of the border. I simply said that stating Canadians were nicer as a fact IS ARROGANCE.

Do you follow?

Anyway, I think Team Russia has a good shot at the gold. Probably using a TT-33 Tokarev.

Pretty sure he was kidding.

Team Canada has been the favourite at every international major (maybe junior too) event since the late 80's. They have won a lot recently but overall the record is not as good as what the world probably believes.

This being said Canada is the favourite again and probably has the best team. I want Canada to win but at the Olympics it is anyones tournament. Personally I'd like to see another Salt Lake city tournament. Canada > USA in a finals game.

So now youre saying Messier won the Smythe on a team that many consider the greatest of all time. Pretty difficult feat for someone who was just a supporting player. He won that Smythe over Gretzky for God's sake give the guy a little respect

I consider Messier one of the 15 best centers ever. That is giving the guy respect. Not considering him one of the five best centers ever is NOT disrespecting a player. Sorry. You lose. Now let's get back to the topic at hand.

Everyone knows Finland is going to win.

Filppula for MVP!

That would be very nice :D And I have to admit that I believe that Finland is not going to success. And I support more USA/Canada than our neighbour Russia.

Guest mindfly
That would be very nice :D And I have to admit that I believe that Finland is not going to success. And I support more USA/Canada than our neighbour Russia.

What about Sweden? :D

Do you follow?

Well first, my reference to roaming gangs of toddlers in NY probably should've belayed my joking nature.

And second, I think we can both agree that American sidearms are superior to their Russian counterparts. Although the AK-47 is a masterpiece of engineering. Simple, effective, fixable by anyone of any level of mechanical skill, a beautiful weapon in it's durability and simplicity (purely from the perspective of an Engineer, I'm no soldier!).

Well first, my reference to roaming gangs of toddlers in NY probably should've belayed my joking nature.

And second, I think we can both agree that American sidearms are superior to their Russian counterparts. Although the AK-47 is a masterpiece of engineering. Simple, effective, fixable by anyone of any level of mechanical skill, a beautiful weapon in it's durability and simplicity (purely from the perspective of an Engineer, I'm no soldier!).

But then you compare American firearms to those developed by the Danes, Germans and even Israelis and there is no competition.

AKs are a bit heavy but more recent incarnations are a little more manageable and just as simple...

...the Kalash has its own damn website!

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Jul 19, 2009 08:45 AM

Madeleine White

Staff Reporter - Tronto Star

An 18-year-old man is dead after an early morning shooting at a house party in eastern Scarborough.

The victim was found suffering from a gunshot wound to the stomach and collapsed on the driveway of a home on Rouge Hills Dr., shortly after 2 a.m. today.

Emergency crews rushed him to hospital where he later died.

At the scene, police interviewed a number of partygoers and scoured the front yard, where they found two shell casings, said Staff Sgt. Jim Mackrell.

There is no word yet on the number of suspects police are looking for or what led to the shooting.

Turns out nasty s*** happens here in Canada as well.. who'd a thunk it?

This thread was meant to discuss Team Russia... not "who's nicer and has better beer - US or Canada", and not "who's better than Messier."

Let's keep this thread on track folks.

Again, my reference to roaming gangs of angry toddlers should've tipped you off :P

But then you compare American firearms to those developed by the Danes, Germans and even Israelis and there is no competition.

AKs are a bit heavy but more recent incarnations are a little more manageable and just as simple...

...the Kalash has its own damn website!

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/

The desert eagle is a masterpiece, I'll admit that! What a sexy sidearm. I'd definitely sprain my wrist trying to use one, but they're cool to look at :P (I've never shot a gun bigger than a .22, haha)

The desert eagle is a masterpiece, I'll admit that! What a sexy sidearm. I'd definitely sprain my wrist trying to use one, but they're cool to look at :P (I've never shot a gun bigger than a .22, haha)

I've wanted to shoot one for a long time... but I wouldn't know how to go about starting that quest. They are expensive (and illegal in Canada) I know that much. I've fired 306's and other rifles, but nothing short barreled like a pistol.

Edited by BlakKy

Hilarious video:

Edited by eva unit zero

Too much depth, skill and heart and determination in the long run when its in their own country.

For a 22-men roster, I count 22 hearts for Canada, just like for any other team. Depth doesn't come into it, because you can't substitute new players in, as the tourrnament progresses. You gotta go with the same 22 guys you started with. And Canada's skill is not superior to Sweden or russia's top-22 squad. And the home ice can be a burden as well as help. Imagine the pressure, the media relentlessly hounding team Canada's players and coaches... In fact, has Canada even won a home Olympics or Worlds since WWII?

Hilarious video:

Hahaha. Awesome. I just watched that video 3 times. Very funny stuff.

That poor girl. Embarassed on that one day, and now for the rest of her life thanks to youtube.

I'd gladly console her myself. :cool:

I've wanted to shoot one for a long time... but I wouldn't know how to go about starting that quest. They are expensive (and illegal in Canada) I know that much. I've fired 306's and other rifles, but nothing short barreled like a pistol.

I'd love to fire a 30 odd 6 :)

I've got a buddy who hunts and he's going to take me out for deer season this year, so I'll get to shoot a real rifle for my first time. Should be fun. I'd love to bag some venison.