• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cr00d

Team Russia

Rate this topic

I'd love to fire a 30 odd 6 :)

I've got a buddy who hunts and he's going to take me out for deer season this year, so I'll get to shoot a real rifle for my first time. Should be fun. I'd love to bag some venison.

Make sure you have someone turn at least some of the meat into pepper-ettes. Venison pepper-ettes are incredible.

Make sure you have someone turn at least some of the meat into pepper-ettes. Venison pepper-ettes are incredible.

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to do that and I'll definitely PM you if we bag a dear! Worst case I'll have to buy some meat from a local hunter (although they don't exactly stand around campus selling meat, so I'll have to rely on my hunting friend to track the meat down for me).

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to do that and I'll definitely PM you if we bag a dear! Worst case I'll have to buy some meat from a local hunter (although they don't exactly stand around campus selling meat, so I'll have to rely on my hunting friend to track the meat down for me).

My campus would probably protest the sale of venison on the premise that deer are to cute to be eaten. On a similar note, vegetarian girls suck.

My campus would probably protest the sale of venison on the premise that deer are to cute to be eaten. On a similar note, vegetarian girls suck.

Vegetarians are annoying as hell yeah. Unless they're veggies for religious, dietary or gun-point reasons. The rest of them wear leather and pretend they're cool because they eat beansprouts.

f***kkkk that man. I'm a strict carnivore.

Not a fan of the cardboard smoothies?

Not at all.

Like DM I would never judge vegetarians who honestly believe that what they are doing is helping or propagating a religious belief. But when my Ray Ban sporting, trust fund leeching, hipster friends spring the fact that they have recently become vegetarians so we have to order two different pizzas it really pisses me off.

Not at all.

Like DM I would never judge vegetarians who honestly believe that what they are doing is helping or propagating a religious belief. But when my Ray Ban sporting, trust fund leeching, hipster friends spring the fact that they have recently become vegetarians so we have to order two different pizzas it really pisses me off.

I LOLed.

Not at all.

Haha, there are some quality stereotypes in there. Is one of your friends named Chad?

Well unfortunately I think I know more 'hipsters' named Kyle than anything else. Unfortunate since thats my name, but oh well.

I'm glad no one took offense to, and instead enjoyed the fake-vegetarian stereotyping. =P

Well unfortunately I think I know more 'hipsters' named Kyle than anything else. Unfortunate since thats my name, but oh well.

I'm glad no one took offense to, and instead enjoyed the fake-vegetarian stereotyping. =P

Dammit. I almost used Kyle but Chad sounds funnier. I almost used Blake but then I looked at your username.

I sometimes wonder why shows like Family Guy and South Park have to mock certain people, but then I see some "hipster" as you said following the great Paris Hilton example and the sense for concern fades away.

Dammit. I almost used Kyle but Chad sounds funnier. I almost used Blake but then I looked at your username.

I sometimes wonder why shows like Family Guy and South Park have to mock certain people, but then I see some "hipster" as you said following the great Paris Hilton example and the sense for concern fades away.

This is all we need to know about those hipsters.

Guest Shoreline

On paper Canada's team is the team to beat every year there's international competitions including NHL players. How they actually perform come Olympics time will be interesting to me.

As for the US, well.. everyone's a team to beat for them. Uphill battle for sure.

Russia is one of the top 3 in betting odds for sure. I wouldn't call them the team to beat though.

Edited by Shoreline

With an AK-47 you'll have a hard time hitting anything beyond 100 meters...Now with the M-16/AR-15 you'll have no problems with accuracy :thumbup:

Oh the M-16 is a fine piece of equipment, but it's also much more difficult to maintain and fix than the AK-47. The AK's real brilliance is in it's amazing durability, simplicity and ease of repair. Of course I'd rather have the M-16 if I had to choose one of them to use in a firefight (assuming I knew how to shoot), but if I had to choose a gun to supply a bunch of guerrillas with I'd have to pick the AK.

its going to be Canada, Russian and Sweden in the top three in no particular order. All three are going to be insane....

Team Canada

Crosby – Lecavalier - Iginla

Heatley – Getzlaf - Nash

Toews– Thornton - Gagne

Carter – Richards - Doan

Heh, not to bash Pitts fans so late, but I remember a thread on a Pens forum where they were debating where Crosby was from. Many, and I do mean a good percentage of the fans, genuinely believe that he was born and raised IN Pittsburgh. It was a good laugh for the time.

Can't blame him. Media markets him as a "Home grown player", but what they forget to mention is that they're referring to "North America" not the US :)

With an AK-47 you'll have a hard time hitting anything beyond 100 meters...Now with the M-16/AR-15 you'll have no problems with accuracy :thumbup:

A basic Russian Army infantry shooting proficiency test includes hitting a full-height target at 300 meters with an AK from prone position. A couple of guys in my platoon could hit a chest-high target at 150 m. shooting from the hip. Theoretical effective range of an AK is 400 m. So in trained hands it is sufficient for any battlefield. One rarely sees an enemy at a distance of more than 400 m. anyway.

AK-47, or AK-74?

When I shot my cousins Polish AK-47 underfold I had trouble getting decent grouping at 100 meters (shot placement was all over the place)...Dunno if it was me, or the rifle, but my cousin did a much better job with my Bushmaster AR than his AK, and he's actually a good shot with his AK.

I know considerable improvements have been made with the AK-74 line of assault rifles giving it better accuracy than the older AK-47.

We had AKM. That's 7.62 mm like AK-47 but is a newer 1960s version. AK-74 uses 5.56 mm ammo and is supposed to be little less accurate than the AKM, especially at extreme ranges. If you use short 2 or 3-round bursts, the grouping improves, but it's not easy to do.

P.S.

Polish AK??? :rolleyes: At least it wasn't Chinese...

Yeah - the AKM has that funny little notch/twist at the end of the barrel...The Polish AK's are supposed to be pretty good, or so I've heard...Right?

The "funny little notch/twist " is a muzzle brake, and one of the reasons why AKM has much better accuracy than an AK-47. They both have a tendency to rise up and to the right, when on full auto. Muzzle brake partially counteracts that tendency for the AKM. Still, if you just squeeze and hold the trigger, only the first couple of shots are going to go anywhere near the intended direction.

I don't really know much about the quality of the East European AKs. The Czechs make good guns, I think, but its their own models, not AK replicas.

Guest micah
When I shot my cousins Polish AK-47 underfold I had trouble getting decent grouping at 100 meters (shot placement was all over the place)...Dunno if it was me, or the rifle, but my cousin did a much better job with my Bushmaster AR than his AK, and he's actually a good shot with his AK.

that could be part of the problem. The average AK derivitive will not be as accuate as the average M16 variant, but if you're shooting for accuracy, that underfold (or side folding for that matter) stock is not doing to any favors. If you must have a rifle that can shrink, collapsable is the only way to go.

The AKs are great guns. The M16's derivitives are great guns. Everyone should own several of each.