• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
parrosisgod

Mark Your Calendars!

Rate this topic

Sat Nov 14, 2009 Ducks Red Wings 4:00 PM

This is the day where my beloved Ducks get some retribution for the playoffs. Mark your calenders. Lets get this rivalry started!

Parrosisgod

Anaheim Ducks----> Stanley Cup Champs

This is the day where my beloved Ducks get some retribution for the playoffs. Mark your calenders. Lets get this rivalry started!

Parrosisgod

facepalm.jpg

Unfortunately for you, Chris Pronger left and took any possibility of a rivalry with him.

Edited by Broken 16

facepalm.jpg

Unfortunately for you, Chris Pronger left and took any possibility of a rivalry with him.

I know, but you guys still hate Gettzy and Perry right? Add the fact that on another thread here they want Ericsson to be the designated enforcer, you still have MaCarty on the payroll...it could happen.

Nah, without Pronger I don't really hate anyone on the Ducks anymore, I mean Perry is annoying but that's about it. I respect Ryan and Getzlaf a lot.

I'm hoping Chicago is going to be our rivals, two original six teams with lots of history, same division and both have good futures = a good rivarly.

I dunno...Getz isn't too bad, actually he is one of those players I hate on the ducks but would love to have on the Wings. Pronger is just a player I hate period!

NNOOOO! You guys are killing me. I will have to show up to the Joe wearing a wife beater (w/Ducks logo), a speedo (3 sizes too small) and sandles with socks. I will walk around the arena drinking wine coolers and spitting on people. that should make you dislike the ducks...

Agreed, I actually kinda like Anaheim now, a couple of UofM guys on the team. I can't hold anything against them without Pronger there. They'll have to do something really dirty next April to regain hated status since every reason I remember us hating them revolved around Pronger in some manner..

I hated the Ducks because of three players: Pronger and Perry for obvious reasons and Jiggy for using mattress pads. Pronger is gone and we didn't even see Jiggy in the playoffs so I kinda stopped caring about the Ducks.

But now that I think about it I still really don't respect Niedermeyer for being such a bad captain and not giving a s*** about his team in the past.

Edited by Lovin Jiri Fischer

I'll agree - without Pronger there isn't much of a rivalry. But hey, Ducks fan, be positive. At least Parros won't have to be so scared of getting his face beaten in by a much smaller Aaron Downey anymore.

Edited by Feldmarschall

Anaheim is just another one of these teams that think they have some type of rivalry with the Wings. Rivalries die when certain players move on. I am sure the 29 other teams and their fans alike are circling the date on the calendar, when they face Detroit this year. They are circling it when their team goes up against Pittsburgh, or SJ or even Chicago this year as well.

It appears we all like the ducks...or do we just know you want us to hate the ducks so we're all liking the ducks because we know that really bothers you thereby taking the upper hand in the rivalry! Ah HA

Parrosisgod

As long as Ericsson beats Perry like a rented mule again I'll be happy with the game.

I dunno if that meat head Mike Brown is still out there head hunting then I guess i can still hate them. Plus Perry is just the type of guy I wanna hit in the head with a brick.. OK yeah i still hate them

I dunno if that meat head Mike Brown is still out there head hunting then I guess i can still hate them. Plus Perry is just the type of guy I wanna hit in the head with a brick.. OK yeah i still hate them

See thats what I am talking about! Feel the hate. If a team doesnt get up for the Wings, then they have no concept of hockey history. Before I really started watching hockey and respecting the athleticism of the players, even I knew that the Wings commanded respect. The rivalry between the Ducks and the guppies is pretty much non-existant. You cant carry on a convo with their fans with them wanting to try and kick someones ass.

Now for Detroit, say what you will, over the last few seasons, there hasnt (IMO) been a team that has plyed you as tough as the Ducks have. At least this decade. I still feel that the series between our two clubs took alot out of your team for the remainder of the playoffs.

On a side note, where was Holmstrom...

Edited by parrosisgod

Hmm, used to be I just hated Pronger, and by extention, the team he's on.

I like Selanne. Parros is sexy. Perry is a pain. I don't like Getzlaf, but I have respect for his talent.

Not much to hate, and some to like.

For me, the feelings needed for a rivalry are brought about by players who are cheap pricks and hard-fought battles of major importance.

I felt pretty strongly against the Ducks, mostly because of my hate for Pronger.

Now it's just a team to battle and hope for the best.

Oh, well. As long as you have Perry, I promise I'll still feel extra good after a win.

you still have MaCarty on the payroll...it could happen.

McCarty is a free agent.

and

Only if Parros still has a wicked stache

Parros usually re-grows it every year, along with his hair which he gets cut around christmas (I think around there), and donates it to Locks of Love. One of the reasons I respect the guy...plus that awesome stache combined with his fighting stance makes it look like he should be in an old west saloon somewhere.

I know, but you guys still hate Gettzy and Perry right? Add the fact that on another thread here they want Ericsson to be the designated enforcer, you still have MaCarty on the payroll...it could happen.

A rivalry can only exist if both teams are good. Anaheim took some serious hits. I'm not saying they'll suck, but we won't really know if the rivalry will continue until we actually play again.

Honestly I think a big reason why we had a rivalry with the Ducks in the first place is because of Pronger, since we always have a "rivalry" with whatever team he's on. Now that he's gone it still might be there with Anaheim a bit, but probably not as much unless we end up playing them again this post season.