• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
parrosisgod

Mark Your Calendars!

Rate this topic

Sat Nov 14, 2009 Ducks Red Wings 4:00 PM

This is the day where my beloved Ducks get some retribution for the playoffs. Mark your calenders. Lets get this rivalry started!

Parrosisgod

Anaheim Ducks----> Stanley Cup Champs

sh.gif

See thats what I am talking about! Feel the hate. If a team doesnt get up for the Wings, then they have no concept of hockey history. Before I really started watching hockey and respecting the athleticism of the players, even I knew that the Wings commanded respect. The rivalry between the Ducks and the guppies is pretty much non-existant. You cant carry on a convo with their fans with them wanting to try and kick someones ass.

Now for Detroit, say what you will, over the last few seasons, there hasnt (IMO) been a team that has plyed you as tough as the Ducks have. At least this decade. I still feel that the series between our two clubs took alot out of your team for the remainder of the playoffs.

On a side note, where was Holmstrom...

No, now what YOU need to see is that Wings fans don't really care about your team enough to hate them any more. This is funny because what YOU perceive to be this enormous, vicious rivalry is no longer a big deal to US.

It's kind of funny AND pathetic at the same time!

In the words of that game show host,

"YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK...GOODBYE!"

No, now what YOU need to see is that Wings fans don't really care about your team enough to hate them any more. This is funny because what YOU perceive to be this enormous, vicious rivalry is no longer a big deal to US.

I dont make it out to be a vicious rivalry, just a fun one. Its kinda hard to get up for a team like Columbus, or Nashville. There is no history there. The Ducks and Wings have met in the playoffs 5 times (we got two, you got three). When you meet a team in the post season, a rivalry will naturally form. The level of that rivalry will depend on who the players are.

We did indeed take some shots this offseason, with losing Pronger and Beauchimen. But on the flip side, we should have two pretty dominant scoring lines, after picking up Kovu. After the first D line, we will be suspect. We have, for the most part, no more chacking line, and I dont know enough about Sbisa to comment on. All I know is that the Flyers fans were not happy about losing him. Lupol had 50 points last year, so we should get some productivity from him.

I think its going to be a fun season and I cannot wait for it to start.

Damn, that's harsh. I think the Ducks are one of our biggest rivals. I love to hate them. We've met so many time in the PO's lately I'd say a healthy rivalry has grown out of them. It doesn't get much better than a 7 game hard fought series like we had with the Ducks this year. And they knocked us out in 6 a few years back, they are probably, for me at least, our biggest rivals at the moment. Can't wait to kick their asses this year, lol.

I dont make it out to be a vicious rivalry, just a fun one. Its kinda hard to get up for a team like Columbus, or Nashville. There is no history there. The Ducks and Wings have met in the playoffs 5 times (we got two, you got three). When you meet a team in the post season, a rivalry will naturally form. The level of that rivalry will depend on who the players are.

We did indeed take some shots this offseason, with losing Pronger and Beauchimen. But on the flip side, we should have two pretty dominant scoring lines, after picking up Kovu. After the first D line, we will be suspect. We have, for the most part, no more chacking line, and I dont know enough about Sbisa to comment on. All I know is that the Flyers fans were not happy about losing him. Lupol had 50 points last year, so we should get some productivity from him.

I think its going to be a fun season and I cannot wait for it to start.

You want a rivalry? Get Claude Lemieux to sign a long contract with you guys. I know he's got a few more years before he re... ...Wha?! He retired?! Again?! ~sigh~