• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kevin182

Jason Williams Close To 1 Year Deal

Rate this topic

I got some insider news that Jason Williams is close to signing a 1 year deal with the Wings. Look out for this deal to happen soon. Discuss.

Edited by Kevin182

Well the person who texted me the news is good friends with Jason. I doubt that they would lie about that. If you don't believe me thats fine but my source is very reliable.

Guest E_S_A_D
I would cry if this happened. For many days and nights.

I believe him. It makes perfect sense for Holland THIS YEAR. Play 27 holes of golf while contending teams are signing the gritty forwards such as Neil. Here comes ole' Holland and figures we need a veteran; a washed up, minimally talented, nor gritty veteran for our 4th or 3rd line. :rolleyes:

I believe him. It makes perfect sense for Holland THIS YEAR. Play 27 holes of golf while contending teams are signing the gritty forwards such as Neil. Here comes ole' Holland and figures we need a veteran; a washed up, minimally talented, nor gritty veteran for our 4th or 3rd line. :rolleyes:

This team was one win away from a 2nd straight Stanley Cup. The roster is not all that bad.

And I'd love for the Wings to re-sign Williams just to piss people off in here and overpanic.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest E_S_A_D
This team was one win away from a 2nd straight Stanley Cup. The roster is not all that bad.

And I'd love for the Wings to re-sign Williams just to piss people off in here and overpanic.

I'm not panicing. Believe me, I just don't want him on our team, period.

One win away from the Stanley Cup? Exactly!!! Oh wait...

Then subtract; Hossa, Sammuelson, Hudler, and Kopecky.

I know people have a bizarre fascination with Holland, who has been good. But he gets overly undeserved credit for player development research that Jim Dellevano actually does.

I'm not panicing. Believe me, I just don't want him on our team, period.

One win away from the Stanley Cup? Exactly!!! Oh wait...

Then subtract; Hossa, Sammuelson, Hudler, and Kopecky.

I know people have a bizarre fascination with Holland, who has been good. But he gets overly undeserved credit for player development research that Jim Dellevano actually does.

I never said or implied that I have a fascination with Holland.

You are implying that he is just scratching his rear end and that he is just downright awful from that post or that there is something just horribly wrong with the roster. When you've won a championship and just about won a 2nd, the current roster, even at a somewhat reduced state, isn't all that bad.

When you've won a championship and just about won a 2nd

:lol: What a huge load of BS. Name me one good trade/signing that Holland has pulled off that had any impact on Detroit and the cup. Drake? Maybe...Hossa? No...although he did "just about" win us a 2nd :rolleyes:

Not saying Ken Holland is a bad GM by any means, just saying he isnt a great one either.

:lol: What a huge load of BS. Name me one good trade/signing that Holland has pulled off that had any impact on Detroit and the cup. Drake? Maybe...Hossa? No...although he did "just about" win us a 2nd :rolleyes:

Not saying Ken Holland is a bad GM by any means, just saying he isnt a great one either.

Plenty of teams would kill to have the Wings success the past two seasons, much less 1 of those 2 seasons. I'd rather come 1 win away from a Chamionship than not make a postseason at all, so I thank Hossa and the other players for giving it their all in getting the Wings as far as they did. You are acting pretty spoiled.

Holland has certainly played his part, just like the roster on the ice, coaches, etc. He signed guys like Franzen and Samulesson and Zetterberg and re-signing Osgood to come back to Detroit over the past few years for example. All of them helped the Wings win the Stanley Cup two seasons ago and nearly again last year. So he has certainly done his fair share over the years.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Plenty of teams would kill to have the Wings success the past two seasons, much less 1 of those 2 seasons. I'd rather come 1 win away from a Chamionship than not make a postseason at all, so I thank Hossa and the other players for giving it their all in getting the Wings as far as they did. You are acting pretty spoiled.

Holland has certainly played his part, just like the roster on the ice, coaches, etc. He signed guys like Franzen and Samulesson and Zetterberg and re-signing Osgood to come back to Detroit over the past few years for example. All of them helped the Wings win the Stanley Cup two seasons ago and nearly again last year. So he has certainly done his fair share over the years.

The majority of the Wings success has to go down to the immense scouting. The Franzen contract was also one of the very UNsmart moves by Holland that was very short-term only thinking.

The majority of the Wings success has to go down to the immense scouting. The Franzen contract was also one of the very UNsmart moves by Holland that was very short-term only thinking.

Yes. Both scouting and the general manager signing these guys to contracts are important.....

Hasek, Hull, Robitaille, Chelios, Osgood, Samuelsson, Rafalski, Stuart...I'm sure there's more. Not to mention keeping core players and other staff, not to mention he was Assistant GM before he was GM, and before that he was scouting director...

If Holland isn't a great GM, who is? The very fact that you apparently, like many Wing's fans, view anything short of a Cup victory as a failure is a testement to the fantastic job Holland and the rest of the organization has done over the years. He hasn't done it by himself of course, but give the guy some credit.

The people harping about Holland in this thread make me sick. Look at the teams this city gets to watch year in and year out. How many seasons can any of you even remember where we haven't been one of the favorites? We have possibly the greatest franchise in all of sports with a GM who managed to maintain a level of excellence through a complete salary system overhaul. We were 1 win away from winning back to back cups, something no other recent champions can even come close to claiming. Yet some of you are looking to throw him under a bus for moves that COULD hurt us in the future. Maybe I'm crazy but I think I'll put my trust in Holland's track record and wisdom.

Edited by thedatsyukian

Don't do it Keeeenny... noooo.

And to the people bashing Holland... Praise Holland or GTFO...

It's like saying **** or GTFO, except it's a lot easier to see.

Holland = Great GM for fun.

On topic. I doubt this will happen until after the hudler's arbitration is finished.

Yeah I thought that Holland's hands were tied behind his back from making any deals until he figures out exactly what happens with the Hudler situation, and subsequently, our cap-space.