• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman2010

Grier and Betts

Rate this topic

Kenny,

forget the little shrimp Hudler. sign Grier AND Betts! and we'll be more than ok for this upcoming season.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom

Franzen, Filppula, Leino

Cleary, Helm, Grier

Maltby, Draper, Betts

Lidstrom, Ericsson

Kronwall, Rafalski

Stuart, Lebda

Lilja either traded or IR -- and if you need to trade BOTH LILJA AND LEBDA DO IT --KINDL or MEECH can take the 6th spot (we'll look to adding vetern presence at the trade deadline!)

Meech - 7th D-man

Downy/McCarty - 13th forward

GET 'ER DONE!! and PLEASE STOP CONSIDERING JASON WILLIAMS!

I don't have anything against either Grier or Betts but I don't understand the obsession with those two guys on this board. They could fit in decently and I do like the idea of havign Abdelkader starting the season in GR but I just don't get it. Besides, it looks more and more like Hudler will either be back on the Wings active roster or that he'll be signed and moved for other assets.

As much as I'd rather see Abdelkader in GR in October I would much rather see a Cleary - Helm - Abdelkader 3rd line than a Cleary - Helm - Grier 3rd line. I would take one of Grier or Betts but not both. But hey, that's just me.

Personally I dont get why the Wings wouldnt resign Downey to a 2 way deal. Seems weird to me.

I would like to think Detroit has the depth to roll a few guys onto the "injured" list for a few days here-and-there to not be exhausted after starting this season overseas and coming off of THREE consecutive deep playoff runs, and one hangover.

Abdelkader will be better served playing top line minutes in GR along with the call ups for injuries.

Grier and Betts will provide energy, good sized players that can throw some weight around.

Hudler for 3 mil per is ridiculous...ya he scores but he's not a playoff type player. he doesn't work hard enough, doesn't sacrifice his body enough and rarely goes to the net. we have enough skill on the team, we need more people who know their role and will lay it all on the line...Hudler believes he is a top line player and although given opportunities to prove that he's done nothing with it. time for him to go play in L.A.

bottom 6 should be good defensively, able to lay the body and provide energy

Even though I'd rather see ABdelkader play top line minutes in GR I'm not sure which would benefit him more, the top line minutes in GR or solid minutes on the 3rd line on the Wings. I think Abdelkader can provide a similar, gritty, defensively responsible type of game that Betts can. Granted, Grier can crash and bang like few others in the game can but long term I htink it serves us better to us Abdelkader. Personally I'd like to see someone who does have grit and intensitiy but who has some hands be signed for the 3rd line spot over Mike Grier.

I personally believe that Hudler at 3M per for 5 years is similar to Filppula for the same deal. Years 1 and 2 it's not the sweetest deal in the world but come years 3, 4 and 5 we'd be getting legit top six forwards at 3M a season. I beleive they will both turn into very strong top 6 guys. But hey, that's jut my opinion.

Even though I'd rather see ABdelkader play top line minutes in GR I'm not sure which would benefit him more, the top line minutes in GR or solid minutes on the 3rd line on the Wings. I think Abdelkader can provide a similar, gritty, defensively responsible type of game that Betts can. Granted, Grier can crash and bang like few others in the game can but long term I htink it serves us better to us Abdelkader. Personally I'd like to see someone who does have grit and intensitiy but who has some hands be signed for the 3rd line spot over Mike Grier.

I personally believe that Hudler at 3M per for 5 years is similar to Filppula for the same deal. Years 1 and 2 it's not the sweetest deal in the world but come years 3, 4 and 5 we'd be getting legit top six forwards at 3M a season. I beleive they will both turn into very strong top 6 guys. But hey, that's jut my opinion.

I am a little more hesitant to go out and sign anyone right now just because if someone does get injured, we will have to make a call to GR and bring someone up. With only having just over 1 million to play with thats not much room! Unless the injured player goes on LTIR like Lilja!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we bring someone up for more than ten days then we have to add them to the payroll or risk a waiver. I think that is how it works!!!

There's more to it than that I think. It all depends on the minor league options of the player. I believe entry level guys can be brought up and down without risking losing them on waivers. Then guys with two way deals can be brought up and down the same way I think.

There's more to it than that I think. It all depends on the minor league options of the player. I believe entry level guys can be brought up and down without risking losing them on waivers. Then guys with two way deals can be brought up and down the same way I think.

From what I understand, the 2-way doesn't effect the waivers, only the pay. They get one amount for GR and a larger amount for the Wings. Everything else stays the same.

i like the idea of grier, but not sure if id rather see him than abdelkader.

grier: is proven, has size, grit, more scoring touch than our 4rth line combined

Abdelkader: great upside, played great in playoffs, can finish, also gritty

not sure how much grier would cost. wouldnt mind seeing him in the wings uniform, but i think id rather see abdelkader

i like the idea of grier, but not sure if id rather see him than abdelkader.

grier: is proven, has size, grit, more scoring touch than our 4rth line combined

Abdelkader: great upside, played great in playoffs, can finish, also gritty

not sure how much grier would cost. wouldnt mind seeing him in the wings uniform, but i think id rather see abdelkader

It's a total waste of a year of Abelkader's development to have him sit on the 4th line playing 6 mins a night in the NHL. He isn't a PK or PP candidate either, so that 6 mins is unlikely to balloon much.

Let him centre the first line in GR (and even give him some time on one of the wings since we have more than enough centres right now) and play 20 mins a night with all that responsibility. He'll become a better player that way.

EDIT:

Oh, and Holland's already got his hands tied to 4 rookies on the 09-10 team. I have a hard time believing he'd be happy with playing a roster that's a 1/4 rookies, which is what we'd have if Abs were on it. 4 rookies is enough for one season!

Edited by Drake_Marcus

It's a total waste of a year of Abelkader's development to have him sit on the 4th line playing 6 mins a night in the NHL. He isn't a PK or PP candidate either, so that 6 mins is unlikely to balloon much.

Let him centre the first line in GR (and even give him some time on one of the wings since we have more than enough centres right now) and play 20 mins a night with all that responsibility. He'll become a better player that way.EDIT:

Oh, and Holland's already got his hands tied to 4 rookies on the 09-10 team. I have a hard time believing he'd be happy with playing a roster that's a 1/4 rookies, which is what we'd have if Abs were on it. 4 rookies is enough for one season!

Thank you!!!

Let's not forget that Abdelkader is good when he plays at center, when he plays winger... well that's another story...

Which line he's going to centre???

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Flip - Franzen - Cleary

Leino - Helm -

Maltby - Draper -

What Red Wings need is to get PK unit stronger, that's why people are calling for Betts and/or Grier.

I would like to add - there is no WAY that Cleary is going to play on 3rd line after his play in playoff.

Another player that could turn in Cleary 2.0 is Bell - I hop that Detroit is going to invite him in camp this summer - he can play hockey, hit and fight...

Let him centre the first line in GR (and even give him some time on one of the wings since we have more than enough centres right now) and play 20 mins a night with all that responsibility. He'll become a better player that way.

EDIT:

This one is even better!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you!!!

Let's not forget that Abdelkader is good when he plays at center, when he plays winger... well that's another story...

Which line he's going to centre???

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Flip - Franzen - Cleary

Leino - Helm -

Maltby - Draper -

What Red Wings need is to get PK unit stronger, that's why people are calling for Betts and/or Grier.

I would like to add - there is no WAY that Cleary is going to play on 3rd line after his play in playoff.

Another player that could turn in Cleary 2.0 is Bell - I hop that Detroit is going to invite him in camp this summer - he can play hockey, hit and fight...

You make a good point about Bell doing a tryout. Has he been playing hockey in another league to stay in shape?

You make a good point about Bell doing a tryout. Has he been playing hockey in another league to stay in shape?

I'm pretty sure he spent all last season in the AHL. He split the time between the Toronto Marlies and Hartford Wolf Pack.

EDIT:

This is true. Damn.

Okay, let's sign some fighters... oh wait.

i liked watching grier in san jose. i didn't think he was ONE of the rotton apples on the sharks last seson. from what i have seen from him i wouldn't mind him as a wing. he would be great on a 3rd-4th line. if we could sign him cheap.