• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DRWFS83

1997 Playoffs: Fedorov on Defence?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I remember watching the 1997 playoffs live and recall Sergei Fedorov playing on defence in the first round against the St. Louis Blues.

I am trying to figure out Fedorov's stats as a forward in the 1997 playoffs. He led the team with 20 points in 20 GP that clutch and grab year. Shanny was second with 17 points in 20 GP, third place had 13 points in 20 GP!.

(Also, doing the same thing for the regular season would be cool, but its not as important. Fedorov was moved to defence on that fateful day when the Wings beat the Divealanche 5-4 in OT, after which we had 10 games left to go in the year.)

Cheers fellas, and thanks for any tips! :thumbup:

ah memories

Yeah, good times!

I think that '97 DRW team was a real contender for team of the decade. They swept a 100+ point Philly team with ease and also beat a President Trophy winning Avs team that was basically a better version of their '96 team.

Does it really matter? What matters is, when Fedorov was focused and on his game and not being lazy, he was easily the best player in the NHL (Yzerman, Gretz & Mario included.) Of course I am a little bias towards him, but nobody can argue it. Although Fedorov was 90's, while Gretz/Yzerman/Mario were basically 80's, you still cannot argue his accomplishments in the NHL. I am truely sad to see him return to Russia and possibly never grace us again. (well, unitl he is inducted into the Hall AND gets #91 in the rafters!) Funny, even though we are the same age, I still picture him as a kid in the NHL, no matter how old he gets. I surely hoped he had come back to Detroit one day, but it really doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Its too bad too...

Does it really matter? What matters is, when Fedorov was focused and on his game and not being lazy, he was easily the best player in the NHL (Yzerman, Gretz & Mario included.) Of course I am a little bias towards him, but nobody can argue it. Although Fedorov was 90's, while Gretz/Yzerman/Mario were basically 80's, you still cannot argue his accomplishments in the NHL. I am truely sad to see him return to Russia and possibly never grace us again. (well, unitl he is inducted into the Hall AND gets #91 in the rafters!) Funny, even though we are the same age, I still picture him as a kid in the NHL, no matter how old he gets. I surely hoped he had come back to Detroit one day, but it really doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Its too bad too...

To him it does, why do you have a problem with it?

So to answer my question, I wonder if anybody remembers

A) How many games did Fedorov play on defence against St Louis?

B) How many points did he get in those games?

Nobody knows, really? I thought these were the main Red Wing fan boards...nobody has even a clue?

Again, thanks in advance for any info. :thumbup: