• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xtrememachine1

Hossa: "Its great to be in a hockey town."

Rate this topic

Seriously, this guy needs to stop talking....

Hawkeytown?

It's great to be in a hockey town," said Hossa, who had 40 goals and 31 assists for the Wings last season. "This is a sports town, a great town. The city is great and the fans are great. There's not much not to like about this city.

I don't see the issue with this quote? I think you need to stop posting topics, really.

Edit; He only played one year with Detroit, he's with the Hawks for the rest of his career. He finally gets to settle down, in a hockey crazy town. I think that's what he was getting at.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

I don't see the issue with this quote? I think you need to stop posting topics, really.

Edit; He only played one year with Detroit, he's with the Hawks for the rest of his career. He finally gets to settle down, in a hockey crazy town. I think that's what he was getting at.

Why would he say, "Its great to be in a hockey town" after leaving HOCKEYTOWN? He didn't say that when he left, Atlanta or Pittsburgh, but he says it now. Just say "I'm glad to be here in Chicago" or "I can't wait to get started with my new team". This seems like a shot at his old team.

Sounds like some fans have sour grapes...he took a risk to come here, left a lot of money on the table, had a great regular season and a subpar playoffs. It was one year, let it go.

You can blame Hossa for not coming down to 4 million a season if you want...or you can blame holland for not coming up to 5. Both sides had a number they were comfortable with and neither side was willing to move to make the deal work, what would you expect Hossa to do retire because the Wings didn't pay him what he felt he was worth? I for one know now that he truly is about finding the right fit not chasing the dollars, he could have easily made more with a s***ty LA or Edmonton but he chose the Hawks. I know we don't like them because we're Wings fans but ask yourself if you couldn't play for the Wings and you were a professional hockey player what would your second choice be? Mine would be the Pens or the Hawks...I'm just thankful that I don't have to make those choices and I can continue disliking their teams and loving mine.

Edited by Booster313

Why would he say, "Its great to be in a hockey town" after leaving HOCKEYTOWN? He didn't say that when he left, Atlanta or Pittsburgh, but he says it now. Just say "I'm glad to be here in Chicago" or "I can't wait to get started with my new team". This seems like a shot at his old team.

So? What's he supposed to do? He came from a rival team to a young team taking their shot at the Cup with an energized organization. Was he taking a veiled shot at Detroit. Maybe. Who cares?

What is he supposed to say?

"Yeah, I'd rather be in Detroit but we couldn't agree on numbers so I settled for Chicago instead.....it's okay, but I'd rather be somewhere else...."

get real man, I'd be excited if I were Hossa too, let's face it, the Hawks have a pretty good chance for a deep playoff run and as mentioned, he can now settle in and get really comfortable with his team.

If everyone's happy that his gone cause he didn't show in the playoffs why all the negatives vibes towards him then?

Everyone knew him signing here would only be a one year deal. I'm not even going to bother explaining what probably 1/2 members here have tried explaining all ready.

Get over it, Hossa left for Chicago ... We've lost better players then him for retirement's, injuries, free agency.

For God's sake. Yet another asinine post from xtrememachine.

"A hockey town.

Not "Hockey Town" or "THE hockey town," but "a hockey town."

Chicago most certainly qualifies now, based on its ability to sell out a 20,000-seat arena for every home game last year.

One of the dumbest threads I've ever seen here.

For God's sake. Yet another asinine post from xtrememachine.

One of the dumbest threads I've ever seen here.

And yet another attack from a guy that thinks Hawks GM... wait former GM Dale Tallon, is a genius. Are you still mad at me because I put you in your place last time we talked? Get over it.

As I had mentioned before, I think its interesting that a month after he leaves HOCKEYTOWN, he says its great to be in a "hockey town". Its a bad choice of words, just like last year. And you would think after all the crap he went through with the media over the past year, he would choose he words more carefully. He didn't say that after he left Atlanta or Pittsburgh, he says it after he leaves Detroit which is called Hockeytown by everyone.

I'm not disputing that Chicago is a great "hockey town". Its an original six city, it better be. I think Hossa's choice of words are bad. That's pretty much all I was trying to point out in this post.

Edited by xtrememachine1

And yet another attack from a guy that thinks Hawks GM... wait former GM Dale Tallon, is a genius. Are you still mad at me because I put you in your place last time we talked? Get over it.

As I had mentioned before, I think its interesting that a month after he leaves HOCKEYTOWN, he says its great to be in a "hockey town". Its a bad choice of words, just like last year. And you would think after all the crap he went through with the media over the past year, he would choose he words more carefully. He didn't say that after he left Atlanta or Pittsburgh, he says it after he leaves Detroit which is called Hockeytown by everyone.

I'm not disputing that Chicago is a great "hockey town". Its an original six city, it better be. I think Hossa's choice of words are bad. That's pretty much all I was trying to point out in this post.

You came across bitter, if that wasn't your intent then I apologize. In any case, be happy for Hossa wish him well, or just ignore him...anything else comes across like a girlfriend who just got dumped. He doesn't warrant that kind of negative attention.

Because he went to a hockey town? This is being way overblown. Why is this even a discussion? Hossa was a rental player, get the f*** over it.

It's not like he said, "It's nice to FINALLY be in a REAL hockeytown." or something!?!? Geez! Who is Hossa? He came here to try for a Cup, he left, whoop-de-doo! I think I felt worse when Brett Hull left! I think I miss Jiri (not so fast) SLEGR more! (you guys thought I was getting soft on Huds didn't you!?! :P )

Bottom line, Hossa came in like a tornado, left like a sprinkle. He may help Chicago, or maybe he'll come up one game short again! Either way, Hossa is gone. He made a helluva a lot of money for what little he did here (not bitter.) I think we all felt a million times worse when Fedorov left, he was, at least, one of our own, we drafted him, he defected from the Red Army for us, he grew up here, he went from Calder runner-up to 2 time Selke, Hart Trophy, Pearson Award & 3 Time Stanley Cup Champion in front of our eyes! Hossa only scored 40 goals...

My question is, as good as Zetterbeg and Datsyuk are, how are we gonna replace Fedorov? :P Truthfully, we have never really made up for his loss...

Anyhow, Go Wings! Forget about #81, he was only a rental...

Guest Shoreline

I remember a time like 600 years or so ago when fans here made fun of Penguins fans for their attitude displayed against Hossa for leaving their team. Can I get a facepalm at how many broken-hearted-girlfriends there are here?